Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBill- A Formula for complete distruction. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBill- A Formula for complete distruction.

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2012

Makes even less sense to charge people with recurring payments. Monthly costs more than owned. A one time payment plus a tiny yearly after that hardly covers the time required to provide support. This is what dealing with small developers is like. If you want corporate, deal with corporate. The little guy can't always provide that. The guy has to eat. Only way whmcs can is the volume of their sales. I highly doubt this guy wouldn't love to sale enough to provide better support.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • I think thats a strong point with blesta is that most modules are not encoded.

• I'd have to agree with @jarland. I mean to be honest WHMCS is bigger than HostBill or Blesta. If you're so keen on support then go and stay on WHMCS (hell I'm on WHMCS also) but I agree that Hostbill and blesta are viable alternatives for WHMCS.

Although I will admit I dislike how I can't get a monthly subscription to HostBill, but that's my own complaining.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I really don't know why he stopped offering it. Monthly subscription is the way to go for profit, unless he was really running low on funds and hoping that it would force a few more people to buy an owned license in a shorter time frame.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I'm going to buy one now, still deciding if branded or not :-)
    Anybody wrote some hook/extension/plugin for hostbill?

• edited July 2012

We currently use HostBill and we have never had any issues with them. They have responded to our tickets submitted 30 days after the purchase date with out any issues.

"Each new license purchase receives 30-days tech support. After 30 days period you can purchase additional tech-tickets at $15/ticket. "

So we have to PAY THEM for them to fix THEIR BUGS.

Tech support and application bugs are two different subjects.

• They do provide free forum support anyway, where you can submit a request on the forum anyway.

By your logic vBulletins business model is a formula for complete destruction!

HostBill is not the only company that implements this rule!

• @LV_Matt said: By your logic vBulletins business model is a formula for complete destruction!

Look how many small forums use vBulletin.

• @prometeus said: Anybody wrote some hook/extension/plugin for hostbill?

We've written a few provisioning plugins, it's quite easy

@KnightSwarm_Phillip said: We've written a few provisioning plugins, it's quite easy

Thank you, hope it will be easy even for us :-)

• @prometeus said: Thank you, hope it will be easy even for us :-)

Feel free to toss me a line on here, IRC, or Skype if you run into any troubles

Thanked by 1Liam
  • Wolf95Wolf95 Member

I <3 Hostbill, The only issue I had with it was when there was the Smarty Exploit almost half a year ago, and I kept getting spammed by bots. That was pretty much the only issue I had, I still got my monthly license, but they don't have it publicly available anymore, it looks like they let existing customers keep their stuff.

• Wolf95Wolf95 Member
    edited July 2012

@prometeus said: Anybody wrote some hook/extension/plugin for hostbill?

I have, I wrote an updated Kloxo handler.

Thanks all, I bought one license, will see when I find the time to play with it :-)