Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation for EU/UK Dedicated server provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendation for EU/UK Dedicated server provider

edited June 2012 in General

We do not have any racks in the UK and need a server to move our corporate sites onto. We do not need a managed service; however IPMI or KVM is preferred. What we do need is a quality provider who's support we can rely on in times of need (responses measured in minutes rather than hours/days)

There is no ceiling to budget for this although of course we want good value for money. If they offer SSDs all the better

We had planned to move services with Staminus; however data protection issues made it a less than attractive option in the end. Although we do not need DDOS protection it would be nice to have; however in our research we have not found anyone who offers this in the EU (except for Dragonara, but they have been discounted already)

Regards

Comments

• Hi @ShardHost,

I think I've spoken to you before about Redstation, their network is bomb-proof and I never had a problem with their support (except them forgetting my external drives..).

I beleive they have SSDs -- And they also have DELL remote access cards, (can power cycle through a nice web interface on a specified IP, has lots of things on it like booting from an ISO and using your machine to stream it.).

They also allow Colocation, which might also be an option if you can find servers cheap.

Good luck,
    Chris.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited June 2012

Dont forget redstation are using DPI in there network. not good....

How about webfusion? Uk2? Iomart?

• ztecztec Member

easevps

• TaylorTaylor Member

@ztec said: easevps

I believe they do not sell dedicated servers.

• Would prefer to avoid redstation. I'll look at those other providers thanks.

• JacobJacob Member

We don't have the capital required to offer dedicated servers. :-)

Maybe in the future..

• We can also consider Canada

And these countries:

Andorra
    Argentina
    Faroe Islands
    Guernsey
    Isle of Man
    Israel
    Jersey
    Switzerland

• @ShardHost said: Isle of Man
    @ShardHost said: Jersey
    @ShardHost said: Guernsey

They are just part of the UK though.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Not under the DPA they aren't

• @ShardHost said: And these countries:

Now that are some pretty interesting countries but i'd be amazed if you'd manage to pull off an LEB deal in these locations.

• LEB not needed. This is for our corporate websites.

• @ShardHost said: Not under the DPA they aren't

True, but good luck getting bandwidth.

• @MrLadoodle said: True, but good luck getting bandwidth.

High bandwidth is not of huge significance.

• Isle of man has Netcetera.

• n0myn0my Member

Last time I was with Veloxserv, one of my dedi were attacked. They said I caused downtime for their customers and so they let me get my data and told to me leave. I don't recommend them if you think you might be under DDoS. This was like a year ago, maybe they have changed... I don't know...

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited June 2012

@ShardHost said: Andorra

Argentina
    Faroe Islands
    Guernsey
    Isle of Man
    Israel
    Jersey
    Switzerland

Switzerland seems like the most logical choice.
    You might want to contact Edis.at, they have servers over there, and might be able to help you out. pst, @William.

HostDime offer services out of Israel though, I think. No experience with them, but it might be worth looking into.

The Channel Islands (Gurensey/Jersey) should be possible. I'm fairly certain a few large online UK retailers have their servers put up there, blatantly for tax reasons.
    Dug around a bit - http://www.foreshore.net/ seems to be the one Play.com uses.
    EDIT: Not sure if it's marketing fluff, but foreshore seem to have 'alternate locations' in some pretty exotic places. (Mauritius anyone?)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Do someone have popcorn to share?

• Thanks for the feedback. I have a good range to investigate now. I think this can be closed before it falls on the road to nowhere

• n0myn0my Member

@liam said: Strange how you signed up 8 minutes before you posted this?

I know @getkvm_ash used them and he was ddosed regulary - and they were okay.

I am sorry if you are their staff. I still have emails responses from Craig... I use to run game servers on the dedi hosted by Veloxserv. This is just my opinion. The OP said it would be good if they had DDoS protection... Veloxserv is really bad choice when it comes to that. Otherwise their network was good. I had server with them in Wolverhampton.

I am not here for popcorn entertainment for the trolls here. This is just my honest opinion to help someone decide. If you would like to see proof I can show you it. But I wont post it here to cause drama.

• I can vouch for Veloxserv. They have performed a lot of upgrades on the Cheltenham network (Safehosts) to cope with DDoS/network floods.

• n0myn0my Member
    edited June 2012

I am regularly searching for LEB on the main website, I didn't know about LET so I joined :)

Maybe it was only wolverhampton servers that couldn't take ddos... In the email they made me feel like I was the one to be blamed :/ When I was actually the victim...

Gamers rage when server admins ban them for whatever reason and its not server admins fault for ddos... I think most of you host will agree...

I recommend Vooservers. I used their VPS but guy is very helpful and replies to tickets quickly. They also do Dedicated servers :) I got to know Vooservers from LEB :)

Here are other that I have used:
    http://gtxgaming.co.uk/dedicated-servers
    Has servers in poundhost and ovh france

http://www.gamingdeluxe.co.uk/
    Check out their special offer section ;)

Again I only used them. I don't work for them.

• I don't believe redstation network is bomb proof. If it is, please elaborate? ( I had deddi with them before and was ddos-ed)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Funny this but I'm in Guernsey myself. All i can say I'd gl in finding a dedi here.