Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ cPanel Templates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ cPanel Templates

AH-DominicAH-Dominic Member
edited June 2012 in Help

Hi,

Does anybody know somewhere where I can get CentOS 5/6 OpenVZ OS templates with cPanel pre-installed?

Thanks

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Centos 5 at http://www.vpsbox.info/download.php?list.5

It may or may not work out of the box, but ye.

• @Jack said: why can't you make one your self?

I could do, but I was thinking it would be easier for it to be pre-done.

• @dominicl,

I would recommend making templates on your own, that way you know how they are built and how most common people will utilize them to help support your clients later down the road.

• @jshinkle said: I would recommend making templates on your own, that way you know how they are built and how most common people will utilize them to help support your clients later down the road.

Is the best way just to create one through SolusVM, of a VPS with cPanel installed on it?

yes, but then you have to remove some files so clients can just go through the initialization wizard when they go to the cpanel url.

• @rsk said: yes, but then you have to remove some files so clients can just go through the initialization wizard when they go to the cpanel url.

Yes. I'd just install cPanel and CSF but not go through the install wizard. Would that work?

it will still have the details of the previous vps you will make the template from. For example, hostname, some ip's, etc.

More files to remove :)

• @rsk said: it will still have the details of the previous vps you will make the template from. For example, hostname, some ip's, etc.

More files to remove :)

Okay, thanks for the help

I cant seem to find the exact files, but this is from the top of my head ...

remove any non local lines from /etc/hosts

put a default hostname in /etc/sysconfig/network

... its a state of trial and error - do it over and over again till it works fine for you :)

• Thanks rsk :)

pleasure is mine :)

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@dominicl said: Yes. I'd just install cPanel and CSF but not go through the install wizard. Would that work?

Yes and no. There are many files unique to the install, so you need to know what to change when you deploy the template. Also, cPanel changes so often you need to update the template once deployed as well.

I do use a self made template, saves me a lot of time, and users can install themselves and I know they will not be asking many question since it does just work, but I do go in behind them and change the files that tie the template to the IP

• Yes, You Must Make Your Own.

What You Need Is To Just Install cPanel Over A Fresh With OS of your Choice and Create It As Template.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@hhadmin said: What You Need Is To Just Install cPanel Over A Fresh With OS of your Choice and Create It As Template.

Lol, no.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

cPanel isn't exactly hard to install anyway. Reload OS template, 5 minute OS prep, download and run installer. 40-120mins later, done.

Thanked by 1bamn
  • @hhadmin said: Yes, You Must Make Your Own.

What You Need Is To Just Install cPanel Over A Fresh With OS of your Choice and Create It As Template.

Stop. Bringing. Up. Old. threads.

Thanked by 2Infinity Randy
  • AsadAsad Member

@HalfEatenPie Probably trying to increase his post count so he can list an offer?

Thanked by 2Infinity Randy
  • Wud have been better if cPanel makes these templates as they make vps optimized cPanel. It will save lots of time and they will do it better.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

It is not extremely hard to build a template yourself that will install cPanel automatically.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Alex_LiquidHost said: It is not extremely hard to build a template yourself that will install cPanel automatically.

+1 It's easy on OpenVZ.

Thanked by 1Taz
  • Better to just make two templates one that executes the cPanel install, and a second that does a cPanel DNSOnly install on boot. Probably can even finagle it to email your customer when it's done.