Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who was working on a open source VPS Control Panel? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who was working on a open source VPS Control Panel?

Comments

• I was working on one (EvolvedVM), but my friend announced one that I'm probably going to switch to since I prefer it.

• @daniel care to share?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We are working into VPS control panel and should be in public next month

Thanked by 2jh NateN34
  • debugdebug Member

Features @key12 ?

• @key12 I mean you guys definitely have a designer on the team, but like what @debug said. Features?

• othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep

A unified system that worked with cPanel & a VPS Control panel would be nice,
    DNS is mostly fire and forget, but still are more expensive than if I went with
    PowerDNS's hosted solution.

What are you looking for in a DNS integration ...
    Pulling of zones to common authoritive nameservers from all the plesk, cpanel, dotnetpanel, wsp, hsphere, ms-dns, bind etc systems into one place ???

• @key12 I'm interested to know the features too. The design looks really innovative!

edited June 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: @key12 I mean you guys definitely have a designer on the team, but like what @debug said. Features?

@debug said: Features @key12 ?
    @eastonch said: @key12 I'm interested to know the features too. The design looks really innovative!

Sorry i was sleep and working in something there :)

The Design by new Version of html5 or 7 i really don't know i will ask the designer and confirm this and it tested on IE old and new Version, Firefox,Google chrome and work good also Iphone and Ipad as well.

The normal services:
    start/stop,reinstall VPS.
    Monitor VPS disk space, Bandwith, memory etc..
    backup/restore VPS.
    IPV6 (rumored in this Version)
    SMS Alert
    5 different color for Panel
    and more...

Extra Feature:
    TUN Via Panel
    PPTP Via Panel
    Fuse Via Panel
    Auto Kick abuser When load average up for number 0 ( you will set the number and how much time if load contuine)

Feature under Study:
    DNs Hosting via VPS Panel
    KVM Virtualisation Technology
    IPhone apps

This is for just a start!!

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • @key12 HTML 5, and it looks pretty nice.

• @key12 said: SMS Alert

How would that be implemented. Would it be sent from your servers or is this for use/download for personal servers? (therefore requiring one of those special modems).

It all looks great!

• @HalfEatenPie said: How would that be implemented.

Probably hooking into a service like Twilio/Clickatell or something of the kind.

@FRCorey said: HTML 5, and it looks pretty nice.

I'm just comfirm from designer the Design by new Version html 5

@HalfEatenPie said: How would that be implemented. Would it be sent from your servers or is this for use/download for personal servers? (therefore requiring one of those special modems).

It all looks great!

In this version We will use any Gateway from SMS provider, But in future our Gateway will be available and more Surprises.

• @key12 Query on how you plan to do the auto-kick abuser, just a cron job every 5mins or so to check loads?

Looks good, can we have some screenshots? Or maybe even a test user where we can just explore it? I'm really excited ^^!

• TazTaz Member

For a product being open source, this does looks like an expensive work being done. Unless I am missing something.

@eastonch said: Looks good, can we have some screenshots? Or maybe even a test user where we can just explore it? I'm really excited ^^!

We will provide first version on 25th June 2012 and will surprise from Feature :-P

@NinjaHawk said: For a product being open source, this does looks like an expensive work being done. Unless I am missing something.

I do this becuse i hate SolusVM for one reason. I contact them to can get discount on panel, i not asking for 1 license but i's fair when i get 20 or 40 license get good discount?!! but i don't get it.
    Then i offer paid 1K as setup fee and paid some monthly fee it was good deal for them it's not?!! but they Refused so i decided paid 1K or 2K to get my owned Panel and offer it in public.

Thanked by 2djvdorp Pats
  • TazTaz Member

Hmm sounds fun. Is it going to support pot/ipv6? Will it be slave+master setup or install per node? Is it going to have the IP management function similar to solus?

Just a note I believe be portal offers bulk pricing. Don't remember the price though.

@NinjaHawk said: Hmm sounds fun. Is it going to support pot/ipv6? Will it be slave+master setup or install per node? Is it going to have the IP management function similar to solus?

Yes it will support IPV6, Master + salve and Yes IPS management function similar to SolusVM

Just a note I believe be portal offers bulk pricing. Don't remember the price though.

Veportal your mean?

• jhjh Member
    edited June 2012

Definitely looks interesting (and I will be trying it out), but what about a WHMCS module?

• TazTaz Member

@key. Yep stupid auto-correct

@jhadley said: Definitely looks interesting (and I will be trying it out), but what about a WHMCS module?

This will be last step.

@NinjaHawk said: Yep stupid auto-correct

Veportal just a dead project, You can't creat ticket support or Sales the security code is down from ages

• TazTaz Member

Ya true. Will you have API?

@NinjaHawk said: Ya true. Will you have API?

We finished from security and other parts , if we get time before 25th Then yes we will support API.
    there is some important like moved vps between nodes etc.

• Very nice work @key12. :)

Thanked by 1letbox
  • @key12,

I do give you some props on the design of it. SolusVM is not really that hard to deal with. I think we finally have 50 nodes assigned with our primary SVM license and got our third discount tier. It really is just like cPanel licenses and other licenses we have dealt with over the past years.

• sshVMsshVM Member

http://www.licensepal.com/products/solusvm.php

LicensePal offers SolusVM Slave Only Master License at $2.25 and Slave at $9.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • @Key12 another idea for the WHMCS module or whoever develops is is a way to account for servers so the server profit report works right :)

Thanked by 1letbox
  • @key12 yes live migrations or offline would be great, native support for AmazonS3 backups would also be a nice thing.

Thanked by 1letbox

@FRCorey yes live migrations or offline would be great, native support for AmazonS3 backups would also be a nice thing.

Ya we working in this matter we almost work 24hours to make it up also for more information we will Encode the panel for reason security.

• TazTaz Member
    edited June 2012

Wait ,if you encode, how would that becomes opensource :??

Thanked by 1klikli
  • debugdebug Member

Encoding doesn't make it more secure. Having it open source will have more eyes on it, reviewing and securing ir

Thanked by 1klikli