Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DE | VPS hosting | Snapshots | Private Network | ISO Boot | 75% discount | starts at 10.47€/y - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DE | VPS hosting | Snapshots | Private Network | ISO Boot | 75% discount | starts at 10.47€/y

2»

Comments

• CPU power is the priority of your VM. More CPU means you have more power on the node because the scheduler gives you more CPU time.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I still couldn't understand after reading all the related posts & comments that being an Bangladeshi (Asia), Why will I have to pay VAT @19% ?? Is it only for your management to manage it without hassle?? That means, you don't want to work hard for your company & thus you'll impose the VAT upon us! How ridiculous! And there's chances of pocketing the VAT. Where's the proof that you submit the VAT to Government? How will I trust??

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited July 2014

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Where's the proof that you submit the VAT to Government? How will I trust??

When you get an invoice with VAT, then it is reported to the fiscal authority. You don't know how heavy german finical laws are..when you do not forward it you will get big troubles there are strict rules to confirm each invoice in germany. Each of them have a unique and consecutive numbering. When you have gaps here you get problems too.

It is not worth for a 1 or 3€ vps to spend to much time to separated EACH invoices with VAT / without VAT and report each of them to german/eu fiscal authority. Each chargeback for each invoice with VATID requires a report with the VATID to the eu fiscal authority.

That's the last comment to this, pay the VAT or stay away. Where is the problem.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@fileMEDIA said:
    That's the last comment to this, pay the VAT or stay away. Where is the problem.

You're not only Company that is doing business in Germany, there're more of them. They don't behave like this. Bad impression!

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited July 2014

if they state clearly before, how they are willing (or not) to handle this point, why this should be a bad impression?
    the only thing you should do about is to choose whether their prices (including VAT) are valueable to you.
    where should be the matter to compare their offers with VAT to others without? thats just numbers...

PS: forgot to ask @fileMEDIA - currently out of stock, are you planning to offer more and how long will this promotion last?

• SSDs are sold out at the moment. HDD based servers are available.
    I hope we can add new stock next week.

We have a internal limit for this promotion. If this is reached it will be deactivated. But it should enough for a few weeks :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • berndy2001berndy2001 Member
    edited July 2014

@fileMEDIA
    How long is usually your response time for tickets? Opened Ticket #731070 on 11.07.2014 00:13...
    Question was if you offer a trial account. 7 day money back guarantee is also fine. Or is it possible to get a refund after one month for the rest 11 months?

• trexostrexos Member

@berndy2001 said:
    fileMEDIA
    How long is usually your response time for tickets? Opened Ticket #731070 on 11.07.2014 00:13...
    Question was if you offer a trial account. 7 day money back guarantee is also fine. Or is it possible to get a refund after one month for the rest 11 months?

They are not that fast, but it's okay. and yes they offered me a few days a trial server.

• sipesipe Member

What about TOS? What is prohibited? What about torrents/tor?

Seems like good price, will buy entry VPS for 10€

• FalzoFalzo Member

@fileMEDIA would like to ask again, if there are any chances that SSD offers become available again shortly?

• @fileMEDIA, i am waiting for SSD plans as well.

• berndy2001berndy2001 Member
    edited July 2014

@sipe said:
    What about TOS? What is prohibited? What about torrents/tor?

forbidden:

13.1. Tor, ähnliche Proxy oder andere Anonymisierungsdienste
    13.2. IRC-Dienste, -Server und -Bouncer jeder Art
    13.3. Distributed Computing (SETI-Client, Einstein@Home oder andere dieser Dienste)
    13.4. OTR, Filesharing, OneClick Hoser, Contentmirrors o.ä.
    13.5. massives Video- und Audio-Streaming
    13.6. Mining
    13.7. E-Mail Marketing or Services mit hohen ausgehende E-Mails

@trexos said:
    They are not that fast, but it's okay. and yes they offered me a few days a trial server.

still waiting for a testaccount (since 11.7. - they asked for product and location, but no response since then) ... Also asked on twitter, but no response there.

hope the discount code is still valid, when i finally get the testaccount...

• FranFran Member

price is recurring?

• trexostrexos Member

@Fran said:
    price is recurring?

Yes.

• nice.. just ordered one and seems to be great!

• FalzoFalzo Member

finally decided to get one available HDD stock in Frankfurt... very happy so far:

:# bash bench.sh
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
    Number of cores : 3
    CPU frequency :  3300.020 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2010 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1261 MB
    System uptime :   6:09,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 85,3MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 13,3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 12,2MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 788KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 34,7MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 61,8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4,97MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 11,9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 9,99MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 19,8MB/s
    I/O speed :  200 MB/s

(using virtio drivers for hdd as suggested earlier in this thread)

control panel looks very good, a lot of options to choose and customize, very good if you know what you're needing and doing ;-)

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I still couldn't understand after reading all the related posts & comments that being an Bangladeshi (Asia), Why will I have to pay VAT 19% ?? Is it only for your management to manage it without hassle?? That means, you don't want to work hard for your company & thus you'll impose the VAT upon us! How ridiculous! And there's chances of pocketing the VAT. Where's the proof that you submit the VAT to Government? How will I trust??

This is an uphill battle & a discussion that has been going on since the dawn of time :) http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19898/filemedia-it-charging-vat-to-non-eu-customers-are-you-affected/p1

But despite the vat irregularities @fileMEDIA offer one solid service.

• sipesipe Member
    edited August 2014

Some benches of HDD Frankfurt 20GB

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model : Common KVM processor
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 3300.020 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 490 MB
    Total amount of swap : 90 MB
    System uptime : 12:34,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 44.9MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 10.4MB/s