Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Hacked - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Hacked

Comments

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@gsx said: This might be too easy of a case for the FBI...

Unfortunately you can't use stolen information in an investigation. They'd have to subpoena for it and that would rely on information that they hadn't collected via stolen documents.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

So basically someone already resolved the case for the FBI? Lol, that was fast.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Jack said: Those domains are like $130 what a waste!

soup.io is a 'Tumblr for geeks'.

• DanielMDanielM Member

@BlueVM said: @gsx said: This might be too easy of a case for the FBI...

Remember whmcs is a uk company and FBI is US, this is a MET issue

• @LiquidHost said: So basically someone already resolved the case for the FBI? Lol, that was fast.

Nothing was solved or prooven, at least i haven't seen any proof that the dox are correct.

Anyway they (UGNazi) seem like a typical anonymous skiddy group.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@Jack said: Those domains are like $130 what a waste!

£29* Don't get them directly from the registry ;)

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member

@ElliotJ where do you get them then?

• Someone has already made a script and put it on Pastebin, it goes through the entire database and decrypts all the CC info.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited May 2012

@djvdorp gandi.net $50 USD ~ £30

• AsadAsad Member

@Daniel said: Someone has already made a script and put it on Pastebin, it goes through the entire database and decrypts all the CC info.

Yep, I've tested the script and it works. Got my company details and credit card.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@AsadHaider said: Yep, I've tested the script and it works. Got my company details and credit card.

Ouch!

I hope you cancelled your card.

• AsadAsad Member

@Daniel said: I hope you cancelled your card.

First thing I did yesterday when news broke of the hack.

• Just wondering, say if you download the files, can you get in trouble for it?

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member

link pl0x?

• @Insidiea said: Just wondering, say if you download the files, can you get in trouble for it?

I wouldn't think so, as long as you don't do anything malicious or redistribute the data.

• just google search for: whmcs credit card script

That's what i did.

• WilliamWilliam Member

The CCs don't include CCV2... right?

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • DanielMDanielM Member

@William said: The CCs don't include CCV2... right?

I amagine they will do.

• @William said: The CCs don't include CCV2... right?

They include everything needed to charge your card.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

@Daniel said: They include everything needed to charge your card.

and ID card verification image too? (linode need this, but i never make any direct CC transaction except linode so i could be wrong)

• WilliamWilliam Member

@DanielM said: I amagine they will do.

Interesting.

• Now if someone would use the passwords from this database, login to the peoples whcms and dump their databases i can only imagine it would be a shitload of CCs

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@djvdorp said: @ElliotJ where do you get them then?

Hexonet.de - £29, although you have to pre-pay your account in USD (Confusing)
    That's the cheapest you can get as an EU resident - Gandi.net state their prices excluding VAT.

• MrDOSMrDOS Member
    edited May 2012

@Daniel said: They include everything needed to charge your card.

Oh man. That's several kinds of PCI noncompliance, isn't it?

• @MrDOS said: That's several kinds of PCI noncompliance

Whats PCI?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Whats PCI?

Basically, a set of rules WHMCS must comply with for big companies and governments to use it.

• MrDOSMrDOS Member
    edited May 2012

@Daniel said: Basically, a set of rules WHMCS must comply with for big companies and governments to use it.

No. A set of rules anyone in the US must comply with to handle direct credit cards payments (as in, payments not through a payment service such as PayPal). Fines for noncompliance can be in order of hundreds of thousands of dollars per day of noncompliant operation.

• AsadAsad Member

@ElliotJ said: Hexonet.de - £29, although you have to pre-pay your account in USD (Confusing)

Sweet, that is cheap. Just signed up to the site, do you mean CAD? Signed up to the Canadian one.

• @MrDOS said: Fines for noncompliance can be in order of hundreds of thousands of dollars per day of noncompliant operation.

Well since WHMCS is an UK and not an US company that shouldn't be any problem. However it was just plain stupid of them to store all CC details in "plaintext"