Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Announcement] FTNHosting.net acquires VMPort & its assets
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Announcement] FTNHosting.net acquires VMPort & its assets

laaevlaaev Member
edited May 2012 in Providers

Grand Rapids, MI (May 13, 2012) - At an event today, FTNHosting.net has announced that it has acquired the VPS hosting company, VMPort.com.

The existing infrastructure at VMPort will be migrated to FTNHosting's fully owned equipment in order for FTNHosting to provide better control and service. All VMPort customers will be sent an email containing further migration procedures.

Christopher Miller, CEO of FTNHosting.net commented that "we are aware of the quality VPS Hosting services that VMPort has been providing globally, and it is our number one goal to make this company improve and expand, so we can better serve the customer's needs."

He also went on to add that "this is a landmark day in the history of VMPort, as it marks the companies commitment for taking the business forward so that it may grow and expand. VMPort customers are now family of FTNHosting, and are now firmly involved in building the next generation of web hosting that will be at the forefront of the industry for a long time to come."

FTNHosting.net also owns other web hosting brands such as URPad.net & K-Disk.net.

The CEO of FTNHosting.net also went on to say that “this expansion is just part of the many projects that FTNHosting is currently involved in and planning for. Over the coming years we are fully committed to expanding our horizons and ensuring we are always one step ahead of the competition. At the end of the day, our main goal is to make sure that hosting solutions perfectly match our customers needs, whichever market or location we happen to be in.”

Additionally, Kevin Hillstrand, sales & marketing director of FTNHosting went on to add, "we are extremely excited to take over a company like VMPort. They are renowned for offering a great service at competitive prices, and we look forward to taking what they have already achieved on to the next level, and we are confident that this will happen for many years to come."

About FTNHosting.net

The main thing that is on FTNHosting's mind each and every day is "Quality," and since they started the business in May of 2008, this word has been the main driving force behind every single thing that they have done. Whether it is offering the best hosting plans on the market, or fulfilling the needs of each and every client, quality is the main goal of everything FTNHosting do.

Thousands of websites and businesses have been putting their trust in FTNHosting and its brands over the past few years, and this shows no sign of slowing down. At the end of the day, with their 99.9% uptime, and their server monitoring technologies that is the most up to date and efficient available, it is no wonder that so many businesses have come to rely solely on FTNHosting.net to make sure their websites are always online and ready to do business.

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Very interesting, Ash is going to work for FTN or has he left the hosting scene?

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@Infinity said: Very interesting, Ash is going to work for FTN or has he left the hosting scene?

Ashley is not going to have any affiliation with FTNHosting.net, its brands, or VMPort as of May 13, 2012.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Ashley is not going to have any affiliation with FTNHosting.net, its brands, or VMPort as of May 13, 2012.

That has a very White Knight tone to it.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2012

And this sucks. Big time. :(
    What's wrong with you, Ashley? Not a single word to customers in advance? Shame on you!

I do not want to be a part of this new family that I have not chosen myself! What do I have to do now @FTN_Kevin? Cancel with you or cancel in my VMPort Client section?

Thanked by 1yomero
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I also went on to add that this is pretty interesting news.

Thanked by 2Asim klikli
  • laaevlaaev Member

@Amitz said: And this sucks. Big time. :(

What's wrong with you, Ashley?

At least we didn't bust an EIG and not announce the acquisition.

We are very down to earth and honest with our customers.

• subigosubigo Member
    edited May 2012

@Amitz said: What's wrong with you, Ashley? Not a single word to customers in advance? Shame on you!

No company is going to announce that they are for sale or have been acquired until after everything is complete.

ps... I love when tiny companies put out press releases and say things like "At an event today". Yeah, I'm sure you had an event today and dozens of reporters were anxiously awaiting your announcement.

Thanked by 3Jeffrey Jacob Steve
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2012

This is not against you, @FTN_Kevin! I feel ball-kicked by Ashley.
    However, could you please answer my question who is the one I have to address for my cancellation now?

@subigo: However, I would have expected to hear from Ashley about this (for my part after the acquisition) BEFORE I read that information on a public forum. That is missing good style and manner.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@Amitz said: However, could you please answer my question who is the one I have to address for my cancellation now?

You modified your post, as at the time of writing your post I didn't see that.

If you wish to cancel your services please submit a cancellation request in the VMPort client area. We understand you may not like change, and we respect your decision to cancel, but if there is anything we can do to prove our quality of services to you we would like the opportunity to do so. We appreciate and value you greatly, and would hate to see you leave.

Thank you for your consideration.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Thank you, FTN_Kevin. Indeed, I have modified the post later on. I will sleep over my decision. However, as this is the first time that a host that is use gets sold, I feel quite uncomfortable and being traded like a commodity good.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@Amitz said: However, as this is the first time that a host that is use gets sold, I feel quite uncomfortable and being traded like a commodity good.

We would love the opportunity, at least one chance, to allow us to prove ourselves.

We are going to be implementing better hardware, better Disk I/O, 24x7 phone support, and much more!

Thanks and have a great night.

@DotVPS said: Well Done @FTN_Kevin and @FTN_Chris You Just keep Expanding!

Thanks Jack, we appreciate your support!

• laaevlaaev Member

@DotVPS said: Will @VMPort be coming on to say his good byes ?

I'm sure Ashley will :)

• I most certainly wont be saying goodbye. This decision wasn't made easily, but i have made my decision and stick by it, i guess one of the reasons i never informed people prior is because im sad to see it go, but it was needed and justified.

I felt that i no longer had the sales/marketing force behind me to push VMPort to its full potential. I was always one for expanding at the first site of profit, as im sure many could relate to. However this was also my biggest downfall, i had different virtualization types in different locations, with no real specific niche. I recently lost a good support worker that has been with me since the start who has moved on to his next goal, university. I feel i am doing some what of the same.

As im sure most VPS hosts know, there aren't that many loyal customers that stay for good, there are a lot of comings and goings in the budget industry.

As you all probably know i have been pushing our KVM services in an attempt to stop marketing our OpenVZ (And Xen, yes we had an Xen node that most people didn't know existed). Unfortunately stopping marketing OpenVZ meant nodes were slowly emptying and on the verge of loosing money. Basically our new KVM clients were simply replacing lost OpenVZ accounts and we were getting nowhere.

In turn this meant we had a lot of nodes just "Getting by" and were in the end not turning over enough to make much of a profit, considering the client base i had to attend to on my own for the last few months.

This was never really about money however, im sure Chris can confirm that on my introduction to them i specifically said this is not about the money, finding a good home for my clients is of more importance.

VMPort not only taught me a lot about the industry, but even more about business and marketing, i cant deny i am crushed to see it go along with many of the clients i know personally and enjoy speaking too daily, here and elsewhere.

**But ** i will now be able to focus entirely on a new project with a specific niche, putting everything i have learnt into it from the start. I can rest easy knowing that clients have gone to a good home and will now have better support amongst other things.

I hope people understand. I wont be going anywhere and there is much more to come.

Thanked by 2Francisco Mon5t3r
  • chyllyphyllychyllyphylly Member
    edited May 2012

Awwww That's a shame. I was with VMport for a couple of months. Only reason I left was because I had no idea what I was doing and went back to shared hosting. Take care Ashley.

Now time to rant....

Well there goes another another Yorkshire company to the bloody foreigners. Only reason I went with VMport was because they had a good rep and were from the UK.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

wow

That is all.

• specklspeckl Member

@VMPort Good luck on your new project.

• laaevlaaev Member

@chyllyphylly said: Well there goes another another Yorkshire company to the bloody foreigners. Only reason I went with VMport was because they had a good rep and were from the UK.

I thought a post like this was going to come up sooner or later.

We may not be a UK based company, however that has nothing to do with our knowledge or level of service we provide.

Where a company might be based out of is irrelevant, I would personally find service more important, I'm sure you would agree :)

Have a good one.

• TaylorTaylor Member

Vmport had severs in the uk but you dont, I would d love to see you expand there (:

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited May 2012

@VMPort

i guess the legal parts have been covered? As giving private details to foreign people isnt exactly data protection friendly. Especially in a lawless corrupt country like the united states. I might contact the ICO to clarify this myself.

• TaylorTaylor Member

lawless country like the united states.

Ha

Thanked by 2debug tux
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

(\

My ASCII thumbs up to Ash.

Please stay around the community, It's always good to have an extra pair of eyes out for the likely-deadpoolers.

Francisco

• kalamkalam Member

@KuJoe said: I also went on to add that this is pretty interesting news.

As would I.

• chyllyphyllychyllyphylly Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin I do honestly wish you all the best :)

It's just annoys me.

Ps I still call the US, "The Colonies" :p

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@chyllyphylly said: I still call the US, "The Colonies"

If it wasn't for us colonials you'd be speaking German today.

• KairusKairus Member

@miTgiB said: If it wasn't for us colonials you'd be speaking German today.

Ja.

• camargcamarg Member

@VMPort said: Xen, yes we had an Xen node that most people didn't know existed

I have a vm on that node, most probably I'll cancel it

• laaevlaaev Member

Please take into consideration that our XEN VPS nodes achieve well over 200-250MB/s Disk I/O, and multiple users have posted performance benchmarks, including public Geekbench results here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2595/hot-nyc-us-xen-vps-urpad.net-4.87m-512mb-ram15gb-hdd350gb-bw

• huluwahuluwa Member

Any great offer for celebration? \^o^//

• laaevlaaev Member

@huluwa said: Any great offer for celebration?

Soon :)