Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evorack - Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Now Available
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evorack - Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Now Available

edited April 2012 in Providers

Hello Everyone,

Evorack is pleased to now be able to offer Ubuntu 12.04 (32-bit and 64-bit) to all of our customers!

Remember, our LET/LEB offer is still available here

Enjoy!

Cheers

Jonny

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Is this an offer or not, it seems like it is with the inclusion of the coupon right?

• @Infinity The main purpose of this post was to make people aware of the new distro, not the offer :) As such, I've removed the coupon code and instead put a link to our offer post.

I hope this helps a bit :)

• I wouldn't exactly call it news, upgrading is easy.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • You could have just sent out a email to your clients, this does not really affect anyone but them. Also with all of these hosts on here, if we made a announcement like this every-time we added a new version of a distro it would be a TON of posts.

Just my thoughts.

• edited April 2012

@ErrantWeb said: You could have just sent out a email to your clients

We did. They were the first to know.

@ErrantWeb said: this does not really affect anyone but them

Everyone on LET is welcome to sign up for an Evorack VPS running Ubuntu 12.04 pre-installed, not just current customers.

@ErrantWeb said: Also with all of these hosts on here, if we made a announcement like this every-time we added a new version of a distro it would be a TON of posts.

Yes, I agree. That being said, there is a well established concept of a "Press Release". While this news may seem non-noteworthy to some, LET does allow providers to advertise here, so you can call it an advertisement :)

• I'm receiving this email. Thank you :)

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited April 2012

@Daniel said: upgrading is easy.

Edit: For OpenVZ only: Xen PV (pygrub), HVM and KVM have no issues.

Usually only if your provider is running (or faking) a 2.6.32 kernel on the host node (and many aren't).

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@quirkyquark said: Only if your provider is running a 2.6.32 kernel on the host node (and many aren't).

nope.

:3

Francisco

Thanked by 2DeletedUser NateN34
  • +1

• AsimAsim Member

Thanks Jonny for getting it uploaded. Over weekend, I wanted to deploy something in my spare VMs and was surprised most hosts have not upgraded their templates.

I had to open support tickets to get some hosts to add templates though

• @Asim, you're very welcome :) I hope you're enjoying your service with us!

• @quirkyquark said: Only if your provider is running a 2.6.32 kernel on the host node (and many aren't).

Doesn't matter on Xen/KVM.

• @liam said: I don't see why we can't have these threads as long as the provider doesn't do more than 1-3 a month, at the end of the day this is a community ;)

I have nothing against an Industry Announcement section. I know Vanilla is slightly retarded when it comes to forum sections, but they are still there.