Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Front Range Hosting OpenVZ/SolusVM Plans from 3.00/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Front Range Hosting OpenVZ/SolusVM Plans from 3.00/mo

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited April 2012 in Offers

OpenVZ+SolusVM
128/128 5G 3.00/mo 32.40/yr
256/256 10G 6.00/mo or 64.80/yr

Features
HW RAID-10 Enterprise Drives
OpenVZ with Ksplice - no reboots for kernel updates
IRC Allowed on Denver nodes.
Native IPv6 Enabled on Denver nodes.

128 Plan gets 250G Xfer Mention LEB Ad for double xfer, 1 IP Address, Quad Core, Self Managed
256 Plan gets 500G Xfer Mention LEB Ad for double xfer, 1 IP Address, Quad Core, Self Managed

Location Orlando TestIP 64.37.61.100 (http://64.37.61.100/test10m.dat)
Location Denver TestIP 204.45.250.70 (http://204.45.250.70/test10m.dat)

FREE DNS Management - with DNS servers in 4 geographically diverse locations on 4 different network providers

IPV6 Available in Denver Free /128's

EV SSL Protected Shopping Cart, Accept Credit Cards (Quantum Gateway) and Paypal, Paypal Verified, Verisign Trusted
SoluSVM is also SSL protected

Comments

• @FRCorey said: 128/128 5G 3.00/mo 32.40/yr

256/256 10G 6.00/mo or 64.80/yr

Is that vSwap or Burst?

• @miTgiB said: Is that vSwap or Burst?

^?

• vSwap on the Denver nodes, Orlando node was having issues with CentOS 6 so we stuck with 5.x and that one is burst.

• @FRCorey said: Orlando node was having issues with CentOS 6 so we stuck with 5.x and that one is burst.

So 128/256 and 256/512 in Orlando?

• 128/128 256/256 across the board. Why did you think it would be double the normal ram? Either way the plan down the road is to get the issue resolved and fire up an extra node and migrate the VM's to it. So in the long run it will end up being vswap.

• @FRCorey said: Why did you think it would be double the normal ram?

So it would be in line with the vSwap nodes, as you are stating it there is no burst.

• flyfly Member

fdc in denver and dimenoc in orlando? according to whois.

• @kbar Yes they're colo providers.

@miTgiB ok I think you answered a question I have been wondering about for awhile when trying to determine the difference between vswap and regular bursting. I'll work it out correctly when I get back home later today.

• I was always under the understanding your swap should be twice the size of your available ram. Usually giving 128 (mem) /256 (swap) or 256 (mem) /512 (swap)?

• @TheLinuxBug were not talking about disk swap. vSwap is basically an emulated swap if you go past your burst then you hit the vSwap which will emulate the slowdown that would occur without actually hitting the actual disk swap space. Now if the server is OOM then it will swap to disk.