Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review of drServer.net - the best host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review of drServer.net - the best host

SherlockSherlock Member
edited January 2014 in Reviews

As the title says, I am here to share with you all the reason why i think drServer it the best.

I tried 4-5 Hosts, One of them ( bigrobsweb.co.uk) even scammed me. Other one suspended my vps for high CPU usage. It was really a horrible experience. I needed 10-20 server but non of these hosts were reliable.

Then i came across drServer. Ordered 2 vps to check them out. As usual my CPU usage was high, but this time i didn't get suspended. The guy from drServer helped me out to find a point of usage which was mutually accepted to both of us, and hell yeah! it worked like a charm. I got exceptional performance, and also the cpu usage wasn't a problem anymore for the host.
Then 2-3 days ago, while migrating one of his clients he accidentally deleted my vps (Mistakes do happen, we all are humans) As soon as he realized it, he informed me and compensated me with 6 months of free service for each vps! I mean come on, is there any host who gives you 6 months free for just 4 hours downtime? :|
Then i ordered 10 more vps yesterday, he delivered them the same day as promised. Today there came some problem from their upstream provider. They messed up with the network fibres which caused a downtime of 6 hours. I informed Andrej, and he solved it out as soon as he received my message, moreover he gave me 6 free days on all my VPSes!! Plus, he gave me his cellphone number to contact him, in case anything happens.

This was my experience with this amazing host! The owner, Andrej, is a very friendly guy. He cares so much about his clients and is ready to help us out all the time. Man, I am really impressed by this host. I strongly recommend you all to try them out.

PS: I got 60 GB of free cloud storage from them too. :D

Thanked by 1drserver

Comments

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Thank you for your review. Our upstream provider have some issues today, sorry for that, they worked really hard to put all back to work. Problem is fixed now. I am glad that you are happy with compensation.

Just to mention, this is our first downtime ever. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority !

Wish you all happy 2014.

Thanked by 1Sherlock
  • drserver said: Our upstream provider have some issues today, sorry for that, they worked really hard to put all back to work. Problem is fixed now.

Just curious, are you with CloudShards?

Yes, we use their Query Foundry Dallas DC

• @Zen said:
    He is, unless it's extreme coincidence, we had the same downtime, about 4 hours.

We had the same downtime too, but it lasted about 7 hours for us.

Our exact downtime is less than 5 hours on Dallas 1 node according to our observium monitoring.

• @anant said:
    As the title says, I am here to share with you all the reason why i think drServer it the best.

I tried 4-5 Hosts, One of them ( bigrobsweb.co.uk) even scammed me. Other one suspended my vps for high CPU usage. It was really a horrible experience. I needed 10-20 server but non of these hosts were reliable.

Then i came across drServer. Ordered 2 vps to check them out. As usual my CPU usage was high, but this time i didn't get suspended. The guy from drServer helped me out to find a point of usage which was mutually accepted to both of us, and hell yeah! it worked like a charm. I got exceptional performance, and also the cpu usage wasn't a problem anymore for the host.
    Then 2-3 days ago, while migrating one of his clients he accidentally deleted my vps (Mistakes do happen, we all are humans) As soon as he realized it, he informed me and compensated me with 6 months of free service for each vps! I mean come on, is there any host who gives you 6 months free for just 4 hours downtime? :|
    Then i ordered 10 more vps yesterday, he delivered them the same day as promised. Today there came some problem from their upstream provider. They messed up with the network fibres which caused a downtime of 6 hours. I informed Andrej, and he solved it out as soon as he received my message, moreover he gave me 6 free days on all my VPSes!! Plus, he gave me his cellphone number to contact him, in case anything happens.

This was my experience with this amazing host! The owner, Andrej, is a very friendly guy. He cares so much about his clients and is ready to help us out all the time. Man, I am really impressed by this host. I strongly recommend you all to try them out.

PS: I got 60 GB of free cloud storage from them too. :D

If I may ask . How much was ur cpu load?

• @ahmiq said:

my average CPU usage was above 100% on both cores

• @Zen said:
    Anyway lets not drag this any further off topic, it's a review in good light after all.

We've responded to all clients as per our support queue. We'll discuss using our official channels.

Quick summary: Fiber issues which we've fixed. This affected a few switches/racks. Not everyone was down.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Sorry to hijack your review. So if I have 2 cpu cores. I can have load upto 2 or it should always be less tehn one?

• As his signature claims that you get a dedicated core or thread to yourself, he is simply honoring his promise unless you are on a different plan.

• @ahmiq said:
    Sorry to hijack your review. So if I have 2 cpu cores. I can have load upto 2 or it should always be less tehn one?

Well i am just an average user like you, you may ask @drserver

Hi we have 2 service lines at the moment.

1) AbusiveCores.com where you can use 100% of your cpu all the time

2) sugarvps.com low cost xen hvm with shared cores

@anant is sugarvps.com user, on that plan 100% of cpu is not allowed. In this situations like @anant had, we are working with client to try to optimise CPU usage. If this is possible we set CPU cap to level that is acceptable by client and by us.

For high CPU usage we recommend AbusiveCores.com. We have 2 different plans that will suit most of our customers.

If you need lowcost XEN HVM then sugarVPS.com is right place for you

• That is some very odd definition of an "amazing host", where can I signup?. Sarcasm aside, there are some fundamental issues there that can lead to a VPS being deleted accidentally, I can only presume you were not running a business or hosting clients that were/are running a business via this VPS. I certainly wouldnt order 10 extra nodes on the back of 6 months free service

edited January 2014

@nonuby We made huge mistake, we are aware of that problem. We have tried to work it out with client and we found compromise. I will not lie about deleting VPS of @anant. It was enormous problem and i am glad that we have sorted it out.

We take data of client really important. VM storage was not affected by this deletion, client info was deleted and VPS servers are halted, also we are giving every customer free 5 GB of offsite backup to prevent disaster if disaster occurs.

If you wish to test our service i am inviting you for 7 days of test period.

Edit:
    Little explanation
    Client had 2 new VM-s ready in 90 seconds after deletion of his account and he was notified via Skype. @anant can confirm that.

• Very good, @anant. I'm also satisfied with @DrServer.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • @drserver said:
    Client had 2 new VM-s ready in 90 seconds after deletion of his account and he was notified via Skype. anant can confirm that.

Yeah i do confirm it. And i forgot to mention this point, they provide a 24x7x365 skype support.

Thanked by 1drserver