Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got a Windows VPS? PATCH NOW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Got a Windows VPS? PATCH NOW

NickMNickM Member
edited March 2012 in General

There's a massive RDP vulnerability with a working exploit script. I figured I'd post the alert here, since I would imagine that most of the people here who have a Windows VPS are using RDP to manage it.

Thanked by 2Steve81 lbft

Comments

• ThrustVPS mailed me about this.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

fuck, thanks for the advice, i will patch my company server

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

According to MS its 'only' targetting windows without NLA enabled.
    Well... If NLA is enabled its a little harder to exploit.

• I bet that patch is a hack Microsoft made, most their security patches are dirty little hacks.

• @Daniel said: I bet that patch is a hack Microsoft made, most their security patches are dirty little hacks.

Better than nothing.

• Is there a way to test ? I have a server on a Shared host that i more of inherited rather than anything with limited access (FTP really)

I mean i could download the expliot but i would prefer a quick / easy way if possible

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@exussum said: download the expliot

where you can download the exploit?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Daniel said: I bet that patch is a hack Microsoft made, most their security patches are dirty little hacks.

Lots of companies do that.. If you think Microsoft is bad for that kinda stuff, check out the Antivirus companies.

• @notomx you should be able to find it on Google. not sure if i should link to it.