Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMBHosting Offline???? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMBHosting Offline????

Comments

• lol @Corey

@djvdorp As an update, I got answers to my tickets, with "suppossedly" the problem solved. I feel it WORST AND WOOOOOOORST each day. So I think I will not care for this anymore. Moving some scripts and going out ¬_¬

This remembers me to semoweb, support is a joke, or they think customers are dumb.

• I am here on behalf of DMB Hosting. Would like everyone to know that, we are working hard towards solving all the client issues. Apologies to all the clients who have received late response to their tickets. We regret the inconvenience it has caused. Rest assured everything will be taken care of henceforth...

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2012

@yomero said: I got answers to my tickets, with "suppossedly" the problem solved.

Strange, I got similiar reply (finally...) but problem wasn't even "touched". Like person who responded wouldn't even read ticket...

• @Spirit said: Strange, I got similiar reply (finally...) but problem wasn't even "touched". Like person who responded wouldn't even read ticket...

Yes, and now my ticket is closed ¬_¬
    Shame.

• @ukhost: Is private torrenting allowed on your plans? Eg small downloads from private trackers, not piratebay and stuff.

• @djvdorp I highly doubt that their uplink (burstnet) allow anything close to that :) Beside that don't rely too much on this @ukhost appearance at LET. Try to get some response from host directly however DMB Hosting still seems like a ghost ship with abandoned servers / without proper support deparment.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @Spirit said: Beside that don't rely too much on this @ukhost appearance at LET

Agree, they will not login to the boxes and kick the abusers.

I've already cancelled ¬_¬

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@DotVPS said: They colo in BurstNET? I never knew that.

Ye, they colo in James's rack I believe.

• Strange, I got similiar reply (finally...) but problem wasn't even "touched". Like person who responded wouldn't even read ticket...

I can fee all you people's pain as I had to go through this the same way! In the end I hade to get my money back via PayPal and recieved it on last Friday!
    On the side note: He registred a domain for me and still not releasing it so I can move it to another registrar, so how can I get that domain back? as it is registred under my name, any help is much appreciated, thank you all.

• I don't know, but two thing:

• Continue spamming until they give you the auth code.
    • Use certificated registrars ¬_¬ I never will buy a domain from a VPS provider. Losing a domain is worst than losing a box.
  • @speedy007 there is a 60 day waiting period of the transfer of domains to different registrars. http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/policy-en.htm

03 March 2012 will be the earliest that your domain can be transferred (if is the one I think it is)

Not defending dmbhosting but any transfer request at this time would be denied under Icann's current policy

• speedy007speedy007 Member
    edited February 2012

I don't know, but two thing:

•Continue spamming until they give you the auth code.
    •Use certificated registrars ¬_¬ I never will buy a domain from a VPS provider. Losing a domain is worst than losing a box.

@yomero As you already know the tickets keep expiringwithout being looked at, so not much point apamming.. will have to find another way, thanks anyways

edited February 2012

@speedy007 there is a 60 day waiting period of the transfer of domains to different registrars. http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/policy-en.htm

03 March 2012 will be the earliest that your domain can be transferred (if is the one I think it is)

Not defending dmbhosting but any transfer request at this time would be denied under Icann's current policy

@onepound Thanks budy, will wait until march then, not much choice..

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2012

@speedy007 said: as it is registred under my name, any help is much appreciated, thank you all.

You don't need to wait to get control over domain. DMBhosting is most likely only domain reseller not accredited registrar. To get control over domain check who's registrar and contact them. As long there's your mail address in domain whois it should not be any issue. However 60 days transfer ICANN rule still apply as @onepound said.

• My VPS is doing OK as a DNS server, even with the bad disk IO.

root@uk:~# ioping . -c 10
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=1 time=1041.8 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=2 time=60.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=3 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=4 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=5 time=0.4 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=6 time=45.8 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=7 time=135.9 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=8 time=259.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=9 time=20.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=10 time=47.0 ms

--- . (ext3 /dev/xvda1) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 10613.1 ms, 6 iops, 0.0 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.2/161.1/1041.8/303.3 ms
  • @dmmcintyre3 said: My VPS is doing OK as a DNS server, even with the bad disk IO.

Well, how much resources can need a DNS lol. Probably the zones are cached in ram.

• @yomero said: Use certificated registrars ¬_¬ I never will buy a domain from a VPS provider. Losing a domain is worst than losing a box.

+1
    Never put all your eggs in one basket :) Domain registration is way to important to leave it to a middleman that also provides other services like VPS's. Even if it's a couple dollars more per year, not having to worry about it something else goes wrong with said providers services is invaluable.

• @speedy007 one thing you can try is to contact internet.bs and see if they will push the domain into your own account on internet.bs. This can be done prior to the 60 day rule as remains with the initial registrar.

The only issues you will encounter is validating you have rights to the domain and getting them to remove the domain from one of their resellers accounts (hardest part).

You will need to explain that you have exhausted all avenues to contact their reseller.

Thanked by 1speedy007

@onepound said: 60 day

Darn it, I thought it was 30 days. I'ma have to wait 2 months..

edited February 2012

My domain is registred with http://www.publicdomainregistry.com by DMB but I am not much familier how to get access to my domain setting as he has registred it on my behalf and I don't have access to the account.

edited February 2012

My domain is registred with http://www.publicdomainregistry.com by DMB but I am not much familier how to get access to my domain setting as he has registred it on my behalf and I don't have access to the account.

I have just submited a complaint to publicdomainregistry.com see how it goes.

An update: Manage to get the ownership certificate and account details with the help from @onepound, thank you Sir Greatly appreciate it!

Thanked by 1onepound
  • My VPS has been good actually, got excellent I/O and network speed. However my question is if they are going to continue in the long term.

@Intcs said: excellent I/O

What node are you on, what location?

• Billing is down, I/O is still bad.. this guy is not giving a fart for his business so i try to get my money back!

@LES said: Billing is down

Oh crap. From bad to worse. If billing is down, how can he get payments to sustain the business.. >_>

edited February 2012

Probebly suspended for no-pay. Ouch, I'm too tired to back up my VPS but I can't afford to loose the data.

EDIT: I finally got round to doing it, it's taking ages to tar it all up.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited February 2012

At least you can get into yours, @Infinity. My VPS with them just lost conn... still pings, but no response on SSH.

Thankfully, I keep regular backups, and it wasn't a vital service.

edited February 2012

@Aldryic said: At least you can get into yours, @Infinity. My VPS with them just lost conn... still pings, but no response on SSH.

It did take around 5 minutes to get into SSH. Most likely due to my location, which is pretty close to the DC. ~250 miles. I only have 1 site on it but it's still taken like 30 minutes and is still going.

EDIT: Oh darn my internet connection, I just timed out and cannot get back in.

• it takes 4-6 seconds to log into my VPS, but it's still slow.

@DotVPS said: Does he have a contact number? Maybe call him to let him know?

I've got a number of his, not sure if it's his current one. I'll try calling tomorrow, it's unsociable hours at the moment.