Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMBHosting Offline???? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMBHosting Offline????

Comments

• speedy007speedy007 Member
    edited January 2012

All our nodes are in the same data centre in Manchester however the billing system is in a different dc. I do apologise for the issues but please rest assured we are working full time on resolving the issue. Any of our customers on the affected shared hosting or openvz node will be refunded the full months payment however we need to deal with the issue before handing out credits or refunds. Again please accept my apologies and rest assured we are working to resolve the issue.

@daimonb I have only been with you for two weeks and I have nothing but hassle from your service I raised two tickets; one of them keeps expiring because you don't bother to answer or resolve it! Another one i raised yesterday to cancel my services with you and refund me my money as my reputation is on the line with my client and your one month refund is not gonna cut it! as I am still today at 14:30 UK time unable to go to my website or work on it! You can take money for two weeks non-service and take money for the domain as well and just refund the rest of my money and release my domain and send me release code please!!! Thank you for Making me lose two weeks of time!!
    Ticket ID 319099
    Ticket ID 904252

• There site seems down again.

• @VMPort said: Their site seems down again.

Works for me. Came right up. Of course he does say that the billing is in a different datacenter. Main site may be as well.....

• Lol it came back up seconds after.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

Reboot maybe? I know a lot of folks here don't do it but we have to cycle our servers once a month.

• Either that or my cache from yesterday, but i doubt it.

• The website works fine for me, so does my VPS with them.

edited January 2012

@daimonb Are you stupid or are you just being massive ignorant??? I did not want to come to public forum and do this but boy your arrogance!! Are you going to cancel my service and refund my money or not? As I repeatedly requested here and via tickets! I have never experiance such a nuisance in my life! If you want to run away with my money then atleast have a decency to get back to me and stop being a jerk!

• you were told via the ticket we would be refunding your service. As per of terms of service we do expect shared hosting clients to have some experience as it is unmanaged. You failed to install an ssl certificate we offered to help but received no response. Your refund will be processed minus the expense of the domain name and the domain name will be released to you pending you informing us of the tag to change the domain name to. Apologies you find our service unacceptable however we cant please everybody.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • @speedy007 refund currently being processed as gesture of goodwill we are refunding the full amount and still allowing transfer of the domain. Paypal will inform you once refund completed.

edited January 2012

you were told via the ticket we would be refunding your service. As per of terms of service we do expect shared hosting clients to have some experience as it is unmanaged. You failed to install an ssl certificate we offered to help but received no response. Your refund will be processed minus the expense of the domain name and the domain name will be released to you pending you informing us of the tag to change the domain name to. Apologies you find our service unacceptable however we cant please everybody.

@daimonb No you never told me in any of the tickets that you will be doing full refund of the service, altough you did mention one month refund which is no good as you jerked me about enough, and stop being smartypants as I do have plenty experience in installing ssl certificate, what help did you offer?? do you want me to copy and paste all your ticket replies?? They are a joke! So much so you did not even bother to reply to my ticket that it auto expired, twice!! I find your service unacceptable beause you jerked me about if you had replied in good timely manner nothing of this would have happned! But it was asking too much! So stop putting this on me and take responsibility for your action, end of.

• @daimondb the domain tag is INTERNET-BS thank you.

• @speedy007 refund currently being processed as gesture of goodwill we are refunding the full amount and still allowing transfer of the domain. Paypal will inform you once refund completed.

@daimonb Not trying to beat a dead horse but since your fake promise on 20th of Jan 2012 I am still waitnig for my refund on 25th of Jan 2012 and also still waiting for my domain to be released! Please stop taking a piss out of this and just do what you have to do - no scratch that, please do what is right by your customer and refund my money and release my domain, thank you for the undue hassle!

• LongShotLongShot Member
    edited January 2012

Geez, get a room, guys!

Please resolve this one through the DMBHosting ticket process or private email. You can always post a rant or review later!

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Geez, get a room, guys!

Please resolve this one through the DMBHosting ticket process or private email. You can always post a rant or review later

I couldn't agree more! but you know what my tickets gets expired without even being answered! As much as I hate to do this in a public forum @daimonb did not leave me much choice! My apology to every one but it is what it is!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2012

Sorry to bump up this thread but does anyone recently tryed to get in touch with @daimonb? Or dmbhosting.co.uk support department at all? @daimonb was kind guy however I am getting more and more mixed feelings regarding this company. Tickets, network related tickets.. started to expire without answers. That's often bad sign. They also abandoned otherwise in past active twitter updates. I don't want to make wrong conclusions but honestly I hope that there isn't another future... candidate.

• Come to think of it i haven't seen him active around here for a while, he used to be a regular.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @Spirit said: Tickets, network related tickets.. started to expire without answers. That's often bad sign. They also abandoned otherwise in past active twitter updates

I was waiting for someone to claim.

I am next. Support is disappointing, and my VPS (the uber little 64MB) is almost useless because IO issues.

I was using it just for some backups and some cronjobs.

I think I will move my stuff and cancel asap.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • jhjh Member
    edited February 2012

As far as I'm aware, Daimon is having some personal issues at the moment which may be slowing things down. I don't know much about it, but if he is having some personal issues, things should return to normal shortly..

Thanked by 1ukhost
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I've heard that he's been having personal issues too, but he sure is still there and around.

• LESLES Member
    edited February 2012

@yomero said: almost useless because IO issues.

I can give you the results of my dd test when it's finished (maybe next week)
    Hope this will not end up into another zombie host...

Edit: 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 535.252 seconds, 2.0 MB/s

• jhjh Member

@LES said: Hope this will end up into another zombie host...

With respect, why do so many of you jump to this sort of conclusion? I have had contact from Daimon's staff this week so I am led to believe that whatever this is, it's temporary.

Thanked by 1ukhost
    edited February 2012

@LES said: Edit: 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 535.252 seconds, 2.0 MB/s

I got a little over 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 187.508 seconds, 5.7 MB/s, the VPS itself is actually running really well though, I didn't notice any difference until I saw this thread.

• Wow... someone is definitely abusing that Disk IO.

• Somebody's got the hammer and chisel out :P

• or they bought some crappy used drives?

Thanked by 1tux

@apollo15 said: or they bought some crappy used drives?

IO used to be reasonable.

• @apollo15 said: or they bought some crappy used drives?

And anyway used drives doesn't mean slow drives ¬_¬

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @yomero right, just a lot of remapped blocks that affects disk speed ;)

• Lets just hope @daimonb can explain us what is happening over there :)