Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

instlling php and mysql - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

instlling php and mysql

2»

Comments

• @SpeedBus said: Install a FTP-server,

WHAT!?!?

No, don't use an FTP server, use SSH, upload the files via SCP and create the database with the console client, or install phpmyadmin to do it via web.

A decent SCP client is Filezilla.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

+1

SFTP is secure, no additional software and it's easier :)

• you could also try WinSCP..

• I am unable to log into VPS and still not yet understanding whats the problems. It looks like something problem on my side since trying with putty also fails

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2011

Is the VPS booted ? (ON?) --> reboot the VPS from the panel (SolusVM) and try again ?

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

after reading through the error log you posted above, it seems to be you need to apply : --force-yes when you install the scripts..

• Speedbus
    That is on old VPS i am new one and the IP is 206.253.165.82
    Do i need to reboot? let me know please.

• I am able to log into VPS
    Can somebody tell me how to add database and where can i see phpmyadmin or databases in my VPS?

• If I were you, first I solve the "unable to login" problem than trying to configure databases and so.

Also, if you need information on how to use mysql, I guess google is your friend.

• exussumexussum Member
    edited December 2011

I can confirm its that problem

for me

gpg --keyserver pgpkeys.mit.edu --recv-key AED4B06F473041FA gpg -a --export AED4B06F473041FA | sudo apt-key add -

Just before solves it.

• I wanted to know my database host and how i should make databases.
    I know Google is not my friend thats why i am here.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited December 2011

@suresh phpmyadmin is a web-based tool, you'll need an httpd, php, and mysql installed before you can use phpmyadmin. On a debian-based system, you can just do apt-get install phpmyadmin, which will cover all of the dependencies for you.

If you'd rather interact with mySQL directly (my personal preference, but takes a little getting used to), all you need to install is the mysql-client package, and google up a guide on mySQL commands.

EDIT: (just noticed your 'Google is not my friend' line :P) http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_User_Guide_Part_II_Using_MySQL - here's a pretty nifty guide for the mysql-client side of things.