Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

plz share your usage of ipxcore 32mb vps - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

plz share your usage of ipxcore 32mb vps

2»

Comments

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited December 2012

aww they ran out of stock :(

• I used it as SSH tunnel. Then as webserver for wordpress. As it never worked well @ 32MB I upgraded the RAM to 288. On average I use 115MB.

Obviously if you will only use static (x)HTML you can stick with the original RAM.

• @Ruriko said: aww they ran out of stock :(

I have one that's going to be cancelled Dec 26. You can have it now if @Damian is agreeable to a transfer.

• @sleddog yea I'll take it if @Damian will accept it :)

Hmm on lowendstock it says there's stock but on the official site I can't find it

• I have a question. Why would you ever use a 32mb VPS? Is it really just to try and act cool since you're able to optimize software to run at mimimal/shitty settings? Good for you!

But, really. Consider getting a job.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2012

@gubbyte said: I have a question. Why would you ever use a 32mb VPS? Is it really just to try and act cool since you're able to optimize software to run at mimimal/shitty settings? Good for you!

But, really. Consider getting a job.

1. Its cheap if you're running software that uses less ram than you need (why pay 15/year for a 128 when you can just get a 32mb VPS that'll do everything you want it to do for 50/month?)

2. ZNC is probably one of the biggest uses here (as well as OpenVPN)

3. People like challenging themselves. I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that Apache is MUCH MORE OPTIMIZED than when it first came out, but this is also one way to help people think within their constrained budgets (not everyone has 20 dollars a month to spare). This encourages people to work with what they have.

4. Quit complaining. You complain too much.

• @mahjong said: well it seems 123systems does too but more ram and bandwidth for cheaper price.

Have fun on that broken ride of downtime, random I/O spikes and just... "fun"

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@gubbyte vpn?

• @gubbyte Why are you a part of this Forum if you don't understand or buy in to the "lowend" concept? Running services on low resource system is the basis for this site.

• Goodbye @gubbyte . Noone want to see you here =)))))

• edited December 2012

I didn't mean that gubbyte shouldn't be here. I invite everyone to participate. I'm just wondering why that question is asked, as the answer to that question is the reason for existence for the forum and sister sites. gubbyte has been partcipating in discussions, so it shouldn't be any mystery why we do low end systems.

• @gubbyte well it depends, when 32 mb ipxcore vps gives u a better performance with comparision to other shitty 256 mb vps, i should advice u to give it a try, 6$ are much cheaper then your comments here, first experience it then share it.

• Here is what i am currently running on 32mb ipxcore vps

• 2 websites : www.ipv6tools.info and www.blogination.com
    • 1 znc bouncer with perl and tcl support and 4 irc connections
    • PPTPD VPN with 3 users

after that here is the usage stats

root@blogination:~# uptime

21:31:28 up 7 days, 5:29, 1 user, load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00

root@blogination:~# df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs 2.0G 782M 1.3G 39% /

root@blogination:~# free -m

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached

Mem: 32 31 0 0 0 9
    -/+ buffers/cache: 22 9
    Swap: 32 17 14

everything is smooth so far :)

@damian thank you very much for such a great service, atleast people of third world countries can afford now to use vps and it can also be use for learning purpose