Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ticket systems? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ticket systems?

2»

Comments

• @jhadley We found that the automatic login elements of it didn't always work, so ended up using it solely as a second login (rather than if you're logged into WHMCS or ZD it auths you for the other) - then we found that the login part of it was hit and miss; same server, same code, and even the creator wasn't sure why it was failing.

What we did, was rather than having an external script use both the WHMCS API, and the ZenDesk API - we built it into WHMCS directly so that it handled all the authentication.

@dominicl We'd move over to it, but at the moment we're too heavily reliant on ZenDesk. Also checkout ZenDesks startup deal, its free for a year on Plus with 10 agents.

• jhjh Member

@imagine can you share the script, I'd you're willing to?

Also for that startup deal you need to be based in one of the listed areas :(

• imagineimagine Member
    edited December 2012

@jhadley I'm more than willing to. Let me grab a copy, clean out our API info, and I'll PM it over.

• jhjh Member

@imagine said: I'm more than willing to, let me grab a copy, clean out our API info, and I'll PM a copy over.

Very much appreciated - thank you!

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@imagine - I'd possibly be interested too, if you wouldn't mind?

• @dominicl Sending across.

• @jhadley did the script help? Curious about it

• @dominicl - Kayako and Zen Desk are good, but expensive. You won't get much better amongst the cheap ones than what WHMCS already offers. You can find some really cheap ones on Codecanyon.net, but they are not targeted at hosting and you will completely loose WHMCS integration. Unless you're dealing with a few thousand customers and a large support staff, you shouldn't bother with anything else at the moment.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@marcm - this was from a year ago :D

• Déjà vu

• I have used and worked for many different companies which use WHMCS and I have seen no issue. If you want something that is free and works then stay with WHMCS. :P

• Also an add to your original post. Nothing is the best. Everything has its own pros and cons.

• dominicl said: this was from a year ago :D

seems like people like to resurrect old threads