Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MX records --> google apps & cpanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MX records --> google apps & cpanel

joshuahjoshuah Member
edited November 2012 in General

i have whm installed on my vps, which my domain MX records is pointing to 0:mail.mydomain.com, and whm/cpanel has mail forwarding rules which pipes certain @mydomain email addresses into my crm software..

But for certain email addresses i want to forward into google apps.. for example, [email protected], [email protected] pipes into cPanel --> CRM (mail.mydomain.com) but say... [email protected] should be going to google MX records... is that possible?

The reason why.. is i want to register for google apps such as anayltics and other google services under [email protected]

My initial thoughts were to add a subdomain.. say [email protected] and point that subdomain's MX records to google.. but want to avoid this if possible

Comments

• Transfer your email service over to google apps, then use fetchmail on your server to grab the mail from the addresses that you want.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

@NickM said: Transfer your email service over to google apps, then use fetchmail on your server to grab the mail from the addresses that you want.

I'm thinking he's probably wanting to send some email from the cpanel server and not thru google's servers, but in that case you could still do that on cpanel using the server's own transport, would just include said machine's IP(s) in the DNS's SPF record so that it doesn't mark it as spam over emails coming thru gmail's servers.

Far as incoming though, I would just save the trouble and have google apps be the only MX records in the DNS.

• @NickM thanks for that, i will go ahead and try that method out ...

ive done all my MX records now and mail is dropping into gmail.

Only issue i am having now is how on earth do i get fetchmail to work ?

I am guessing its all command line based?

• Ok ive worked out how to get it working..

I am now able to pull in via gmail POP using fetchmail config.

But I cant seem to work out the correct MDA?