Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to order from ovh
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to order from ovh

SnickertasticSnickertastic Member
edited November 2012 in Tutorials

I know some of you are not for sure how to order from ovh so here is the best legit method
1. Create a nic handle at ovh.ie,
2. Then send an email to support @ ovh.ie quoting the nic with the ID and proof of address attached. We will then be able to validate their account.

I do notice most people live in the usa alike myself they require this information above.

Comments

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2012

@Snickertastic said: 1. Create a nic handle at ovh.ie,

I think you need to mention open firefox/IE/Chrome and type in https://www.ovh.ie/cgi-bin/nic/newNic.cgi as well :)

• Thanks for this!

• lzplzp Member
    edited November 2012

They give you a alphanumeric key (Nichandle) to use in the subject of your email. It's given to you after you make your order.

All you need to do is send an email of your ID and include that key in the subject line. Might want to include it in the body as well.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

You know there is something wrong with your ordering process if a forum thread is required to explain it to people.

• They are more likely to ask Countries like USA due to tax evasion. As OVH only have their company registered in UK/France I believe.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@MonsteR said: They are more likely to ask Countries like USA due to tax evasion. As OVH only have their company registered in UK/France I believe.

You know there is something wrong when ppl try to do tax evasion for a couple of bucks.
    M

• What type of identification do you use to sign up?

• I used my drivers license and a monthly statement from my bank. Everything was blacked out on both except my name and address.

• I ordered from Australia and didn't require any verification at all, plus got to practice some of that forgotten high school french :)

• @serverbear - IIRC they have their pages in English as well, right?

• thanks

• @marcm said: IIRC they have their pages in English as well, right?

I ordered one of the new Kimsufi range & it was only available on the .com at the time.

• was it not made clear that you needed to email your creds? i didnt have a problem myself, so im just wondering

• @serverbear you mean you just provided your Australian address and ordered? No NIC check?