Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get cheaper cPanel VPS licenses?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to get cheaper cPanel VPS licenses?

qpsqps Member, Host Rep
edited November 2012 in General

We are currently obtaining our cPanel licenses from our data center at great prices, which is why we're not already a partner NOC direct with cPanel. However, we're about to launch a new data center location, so we've been looking into our options.

I noticed that cPanel VPS licenses for new partner NOCs are $11 per month flat with no discount for higher quantities. Is there some kind of other tier of pricing that they don't publish on their webpage that allows others to get them for cheaper? I tried pinging a cPanel rep but he just said that "We do not have tiered pricing on our VPS license product at this time."

At $11, it's hard to be competitive with other providers, so we're looking for other options. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Ive seen somebody offering them at $10 so there must be, unless their making a loss and picking up the tab elsewhere along the line.

• They will indeed say....

@qps said: "We do not have tiered pricing on our VPS license product at this time."

...but it doesn't mean you can ping your rep repeatedly for a lower price. Annoy the bejeezus out of them; eventually they'll relent.

• miTgiB does them for $10 (OpenVZ) and $11 (KVM)

ChicagoVPS have a $7.50 cPanel license offer on at the moment, and had a $5 offer a while back

• It has to do something with volume. Or you can just bite the cost and do what host does with free domain offers.

• jhjh Member

I tried pushing my rep awhile back - they didn't budge.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@AsadHaider said: miTgiB does them for $10 (OpenVZ) and $11 (KVM)

ChicagoVPS have a $7.50 cPanel license offer on at the moment, and had a $5 offer a while back

Just FYI - I'm not looking for a VPS provider offering cPanel. We are a VPS provider. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited November 2012

@GetKVM_Ash said: Ive seen somebody offering them at $10 so there must be, unless their making a loss and picking up the tab elsewhere along the line.

Previously there used to be a much lower price per license for partner NOCs. We looked at becoming one, but during that period the terms changed and we where subject to there new pricing.

As such we decided we where better off going with our DC, since they where actually able to beat the price cPanel offered us, and with discounts as we further increased the number of licenses to.

• unusedunused Member
    edited November 2012

They won't budge unless you are willing to commit to over 10k usd MRR in licenses.

Though, they are willing to give you a ramp if you commit.

• @qps said: Just FYI - I'm not looking for a VPS provider offering cPanel. We are a VPS provider. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I know, I'm just letting you know that other providers do sell cPanel for under $11 so there must be some way to get cheaper licensing ;)

• SingleHop use to / still offer Internal VPS licenses at $7.50 which is probably the best in the line but you will probably have to lease thousands to get it down to that rate probably from cPanel

• @unused said: Though, they are willing to give you a ramp if you commit.

It has taken me 6 years and last month was my 1st month over $1,000 in only monthly licenses. I sell all cPanel products at my cost in hopes to get a qty discount to make my profit then, but it is a long road...

• Someone get @miTgiB some cake!

• I remember seeing a NOC price list before and I feel like $7.50 was the bottom tier of pricing.

• I don't exactly know why some are so worried that they want to try and pinch every penny, but I would like to propose that we write a petition to cPanel and start collecting signatures asking them for free licenses. What do you guys think?

edited November 2012

Their webpage doesn't show tiered pricing anymore for Partner NOCs. It may have in the past.

• @qps try checking out buycpanel as they offer discounts depending on the volume you want

• @marcm said: I don't exactly know why some are so worried that they want to try and pinch every penny

For profit? That's part of a business you know...

• Try your DC first, see if they can provide you with discounts.

• @nunim said: I remember seeing a NOC price list before

When the Windows version came out, everyone had to sign a new agreement and it did not include volume pricing.

@LV_Matt said: Try your DC first, see if they can provide you with discounts.

Already checked.

@zafouhar said: try checking out buycpanel as they offer discounts depending on the volume you want

Not cheap enough.

• Contact LicenseCube, they may be able to give you discounts on bundles.

@Ishaq said: Contact LicenseCube, they may be able to give you discounts on bundles.

After the stunt they pulled with WHMCS licenses, I don't think I'd be willing to do business with them. Also, their site says cPanel licenses are unavailable.

• All these suggestions, if you don't have better pricing from your DC, the best option is direct, and the priority support cannot be matched being direct.

• I was talking to a guy from cpanel a while ago and if you get your licenses through buycpanel or Licensepal that still counts towards the amount you need to become a partner, then you can get directly from them, But you have to spend $250 or something on cpanel licenses first.