Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider - VPS plans at $4.50/mo - 75% off for life!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider - VPS plans at $4.50/mo - 75% off for life!

SpiritSpirit Member
edited October 2012 in Providers

I just noticed this thread http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1205302 and I am wondering if anyone tryed them already. So far I have seen some of their 50% off offers but first time 75% off.
I am wondering if their "OneCloud™ infrastructure which allows you to open/close VPS nodes in any of the now 17 VPS locations total" allow to switch between locations later.

OneCloud-vCL-01: 1 vCore - 512 Mb RAM DDR3 / burst to 1024 Mb - 50Gb HDD Space -1 IP Address - 1TB Transfer @ 100Mbps at $18 $4.50/month

OneCloud-vCL-02: 2 vCore - 1024 Mb RAM DDR3 / burst to 2048 Mb- 150Gb HDD Space -1 IP Address - 2TB Transfer @ 100Mbps at $25 $6.25/month

Locations available:
Europe: Paris, France - London, UK - Amsterdam, NL (geo-located) - Munich, DE - Rome, IT - Valencia, ES - Kiev, UA
North-America: Atlanta, GA - Baltimore, MD - Chicago, IL - Dallas, CO - Los Angeles, CA - Phoenix, AZ - Montreal, QC - Seattle, WA - Miami, FL
Oceania: Sydney, AU

Comments

• 96MB review about them:

http://www.96mb.com/96mb-low-end-vps-review-part-53-one-provider-cloud/

Note their Montreal plan is based in the new OVH Montreal DC.

Thanked by 2Spirit ihatetonyy
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Awesome, thanks @Spirit, I'ma try out the Ukraine location. That looks interesting, I can probably find the other locations with other providers, I'll report back.

Thanked by 1Spirit
    edited October 2012

So the overall service so far, after literally like ~10 minutes, it's very snappy, support is very fast. It was a little confusing assigning a different location but I got it in the end, and I've got an OpenVZ container in Kiev, it looks like they're using Virtualizor, and it's plugin for WHMCS.

I'll run some bench's and stuff tomorrow.

EDIT: I've set a serverbear to run, let's hope @serverbear gets it public sometime.

• @Infinity said: I've set a serverbear to run, let's hope @serverbear gets it public sometime.

I'll add them to the queue, I originally got put off by the monster list of locations.

• What virtualization technology?

• bitbit Member

Their OpenVZ

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

4.50 for ukraine.. That seems really nice. @Infinity how does it perform? And how the hell do I order it, I can't sem to change the location from London.

Any idea who are they reselling? As far as I can tell, teh dedi's are resold from the major players on the market, even some in Bulgaria (even they are discounted at the moment by 10%).

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: And how the hell do I order it, I can't sem to change the location from London.

Look at description near "London" option: "This is the default location - you can change it once the VM is created"

It would be nice to have test IPs for every offered vps location.

• @Spirit said: This is the default location - you can change it once the VM is created"

I can confirm that, but sometimes some of their locations run out of IPs and you will get an error while provisioning. When I first used them, they had so many issues and their control panels were basically useless, but they have been making a lot of changes since. Ticket was not instant reply but was fast enough for what I need (few hours to half a day).

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • bitbit Member

It looks like they ran out of London IP's, on my order.

• Do they really have that offer available in Australia? 1TB for $5 seems really unlikely for down here.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

https://apps.db.ripe.net/whois/lookup/ripe/inetnum/178.86.20.88-178.86.20.95.html IP space used for Ukraine

https://apps.db.ripe.net/whois/lookup/ripe/inetnum/158.58.172.0-158.58.173.255.html IP space used for Italy

France is... OVH :)

@jamson I will let you know in few minutes.

Update. Yes, I got Australian VPS with IP from next block:

route: 27.50.64.0/19
    descr: One Provider Pty Ltd
    origin: AS45671
    mnt-by: MAINT-SAU-NET-AU
    changed: [email protected] 20100724
    source: APNIC

7    16 ms    23 ms    16 ms  10gigabitethernet1-3.core1.vie1.he.net [193.203.0.185]
      8    23 ms    21 ms    23 ms  10gigabitethernet1-4.core1.prg1.he.net [184.105.222.138]
      9    34 ms    28 ms    27 ms  10gigabitethernet5-2.core1.fra1.he.net [184.105.213.233]
     10    39 ms    45 ms    49 ms  10gigabitethernet2-2.core1.par2.he.net [72.52.92.26]
     11   121 ms   124 ms   124 ms  10gigabitethernet7-1.core1.ash1.he.net [184.105.213.93]
     12   185 ms   194 ms   185 ms  10gigabitethernet7-4.core1.pao1.he.net [184.105.213.177]
     13   192 ms   182 ms   191 ms  10gigabitethernet3-4.core1.sjc1.he.net [72.52.92.114]
     14   187 ms   187 ms   187 ms  vocus.gigabitethernet2-13.core1.sjc1.he.net [64.71.184.46]
     15   339 ms   339 ms   339 ms  ten-0-2-0-1.cor01.sjc01.ca.VOCUS.net [114.31.199.190]
     16   340 ms   339 ms   337 ms  ten-0-5-0-0.cor01.syd04.nsw.VOCUS.net.au [114.31.199.37]
     17   340 ms   340 ms   340 ms  ten-0-0-0-0.cor03.syd03.nsw.VOCUS.net.au [175.45.72.119]
     18   346 ms   338 ms   339 ms  ten-1-3-0.cor01.syd03.nsw.VOCUS.net.au [114.31.192.86]
     19   343 ms   341 ms   340 ms  ge-0-0-0.bdr02.syd03.nsw.VOCUS.net.au [114.31.192.63]
     20   340 ms   339 ms   339 ms  bdr-1-3-eth2-16.sau.net.au [114.31.200.126]
     21   342 ms   343 ms   342 ms  onecloud-70-66.aus.router.op-net.com [27.50.70.66]
     22   350 ms   342 ms   341 ms  27.50.70.xx

Allowed Limit : 1000 GB
    Utilization : 0 GB

Thanked by 1jamson
  • bitbit Member

@Spirit - seams your servers are working, can't even get mine to boot.

• @bit try some other OS. I tryed Italy, Ukraine and Australia with Debian 6 however Australia didn't boot. Then I switched from Debian to Centos and Australia came up.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

Look at free -m (australian node)

date
    Wed Oct 31 12:14:44 MSK 2012

free
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 1048576 53612 994964 0 0 0
    -/+ buffers/cache: 53612 994964
    Swap: 0 0 0

free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 1024 52 971 0 0 0
    -/+ buffers/cache: 52 971
    Swap: 0 0 0

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 V2 @ 3.20GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 3192.896 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1024 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime : 12 min,
    Download speed : (70.2MB/s)
    I/O speed : 74.5MB/s

Thanked by 1jamson
  • I have 2 VPSs with them for some time now, ~3 months (since they deployed them). hardly any downtime or major issues, yet.... but this promo does make me somewhat think that they are getting desperate. it was 50% off and now 75% off ?

• Thanks @Spirit! Awfully tempted to get one now.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2012

I got one, bit disappointed though because Germany is unavailable and .NL isn't .NL, its OVH. Prices on the other hand seem about right for being on cheap bandwidth. It is also annoying that the IP addresses given for .NL are in the 5.x.x.x A class, which is just ridiculous to try and use as Hamachi (a VPN client) uses these ips in their vpn product, which makes anyone who uses it unable to reach servers on those ip addresses. Haven't really had an opportunity to test the services yet as I have spent the bulk of my time so far figuring out how to move the server and then being frustrated the locations I wanted to use were either OVH or unavailable. Here's hoping it gets better....

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

lol, 100+ location :)

Awesome.

• bitbit Member

So far while testing:
    Montiral CA: network was not available first time I tried
    Baltimore: insufficient IPs on server
    Phoenix: OneProvider Network is currently not available.

I have setup in:
    Atlanta - US
    Chicago - US
    London - GB
    Miami - US
    Montreal - CA
    Paris - FR
    Seattle - US
    Sydney - AU
    Valencia - ES

@Alex_LiquidHost You have to go to the OneCloud manager, delete the VM then create it again and you can choose location, the most I've done is added my SSH key, and done my usual security things and run a serverbear bench overnight which failed I think, but it is really snappy.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @TheLinuxBug said: I got one, bit disappointed though because Germany is unavailable and .NL isn't .NL, its OVH. Prices on the other hand seem about right for being on cheap bandwidth. It is also annoying that the IP addresses given for .NL are in the 5.x.x.x A class, which is just ridiculous to try and use as Hamachi (a VPN client) uses these ips in their vpn product, which makes anyone who uses it unable to reach servers on those ip addresses. Haven't really had an opportunity to test the services yet as I have spent the bulk of my time so far figuring out how to move the server and then being frustrated the locations I wanted to use were either OVH or unavailable. Here's hoping it gets better....

This is not their problem, this is Hamachi being shitheads ever since the creation years ago when they were told to NOT USE PUBLICLY ROUTABLE IPs but still did it anyways

Thanked by 1rm_
  • AshAsh Member
    edited November 2012

Edit - ignore that question, I was being thick.

Going to have a play with this if the offer is still on.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited November 2012

I signed up overnight.

There are NOT 100 locations. There are 17.

Of those a bunch are unavailable for one reason or another (mainly no more IPs on servers).

While you can move your VPS around, it probably isn't what you think. You have to delete your VPS totally then create a new one in the other location. If you have data to backup and move around that is all on you and some third party server to host the backup and restore from.

Servers are mixed batch. By that I mean, there are some premium locations as well as some not so premium locations in the mix. Nothing severely bad, aside from maybe the Baltimore location (wonder which facility that is) and there is obligatory Hetzner and OVH locations.

Here are my notepad notes:

Sydney, Australia - insufficient IPs

London, UK - Redstation
    Kiev, UA - ??? Really far from most anything...
    Paris, FR - Kimsufi
    Munich, DE - Hetzner
    Amsterdam, NL - OVH
    Milan, IT - seflow.it
    Valencia, ES - Sologigabit

Dallas, TX - Colounlimited
    Miami, TX - Serverpronto.com
    Phoenix, AZ - unavailable
    Atlanta, GA - Ubiquity? Nlayer network
    Seattle, WA - insufficient IPs
    Montreal, CA - insufficient IPs
    Los Angeles, CA - Ubiquity / Nlayer
    Baltimore, MD - ?

Support is really fast on the tickets and they communicate is intelligible English for a change. Impressed about both parts.

Coupon code only seems to work for one account though. :(

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@pubcrawler said: You have to delete your VPS totally then create a new one in the other location. If you have data to backup and move around that is all on you and some third party server to host the backup and restore from.

They explained a bit about this here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8405294&postcount=8

That is correct, you can move it later to any location from the 17 mentionned in this post. The 100 others are for dedicated servers only, although we are planning future expansions for the VPS system as well. I can't confirm this yet but South America and Asia will most likely be our next targets in terms of offering at least 1 or 2 more locations for the VPS in the coming weeks.

Currently, closing a node and re-opening it to another city is indeed a full reset/wipe-out of your content, so a re-setup will be necessary.
    A future release of our OC Manager will however take this a step further and follow this process when you choose to move your VPS:

• 1-Back up your VPS data on an external server
    • 2-Create your new VPS instance in the new location
    • 3-Transfer and re-image your VPS in the new location
    • 4-Compare both VPS for integrity
    • 5-Close the first VPS
      The process will be seembless and as far customers are concerned, you will see a progress bar telling you where your relocation is at.

It would be great to see some Japan added to their VPS locations :)

@pubcrawler said: Kiev, UA - ??? Really far from most anything...

Tehnologii Budushego LLC (AS41665)

• Thanks @Infinity :)

OneProvider's offers with this discount totally get into the LEB price of the market.

Their servers are mighty peppy (i.e. not oversold yet). Some big disk plans in there for a change too.

Weary about buying 5 locations from one provider, at any price. But, I have some holes in places we have things and some providers on my short discontinue list for one reason or another. So, testing to see how nodes are in those places.

@Spirit, yeppers, would love to see Tokyo. Word is they are bringing other machines up with VPS'es elsewhere, so we'll see soon I suspect.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@pubcrawler said: Amsterdam, NL - OVH

So, basically, they don't have Dutch servers?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@joepie91 said: So, basically, they don't have Dutch servers?

No, they don't. It's geolocated french OVH box. More about this here: http://oneprovider.com/about-us/service-level-agreement-and-faq

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Infinity said: Yeah, apparently it's only Geo-located IIRC.

@Spirit said: No, they don't. It's geolocated ovh fr box.

Then I wonder why they are falsely advertising it as NL.