Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And this is fair? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

And this is fair?

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2012

@pubcrawler said: @GetKVM_Ash, face it this is a low cost service network of sites. We even have pricing limits on the offers to be considered.

In many ways, all providers, including you are undercutting all those more common or standard pricing businesses.

I imagine all those companies have the same view of your company and all providers here, "as long as your saving money you don't give two f***s about the business of others or their family's etc."

I wasn't aware of all of LowEndBox having LowEndEthics - and that in any way, shape or form being acceptable.

• Ethics is a long term investment

• Maybe Chris should just offer to buy SpotVPS :)

He's actively posting shopping offers to buy providers...

• Atm it just seems like a bit of a popularity contest to me. I constantly see the newer providers amongst us get put down for mentioning their company etc and as mentioned @Chief has gone out of his way on at least one occasion to make a fool out of the people that do.

Yet Chris continues to set up promotions that take advantage of other hosts misfortune (Avantehosting for one) and now has the cheek to post and undercut other providers on their own threads.

I am going to be appalled if no action gets taken, but i bet we wont see Chris get banned like many others have.

Thanked by 1pubcrawler
  • While i think criticism in offers is fine (as long as it's valid) i don't think providers should be allowed to abuse offers to advertise their own service. Especially not in the smug way Chris does.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited October 2012

Anyway, i think everything has been covered here. Now lets see what the LEB/LET team has to say about it.

If nothing comes of it, i eagerly await ChicagoVPS's next offer because whatever it is, im going to undercut the living hell out of it whether i loose money or not. I might even take ColoCrossing up on a previous custom offer just for the occasion.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@Maounique said: This is a consumer site so, I guess that anything goes as long as the consumer benefits in price, features or quality of service, even providers competing and undercutting each other.

At least this is how I thought things are working.

It is also community driven site which should base on some basic respect or atleast it was long time ago. Joining other hosts promotional threads just to kill their sales and increase own sales is wrong. Thread is named "SpotVPS – $5.99/Month 2GB OpenVZ VPS in Las Vegas" - which part is too hard to understand about this?
    Do you know that ChicagoVPS/BuffaloVPS is the most featured host at LEB? Yes they are and this is their chance to promote own business instead ruining other companies promotional threads.
    He’s doing this long enough that no one reach or take it as wrong. We get used to it and he can easily get away no matter what he do but it is wrong. But once again, this was thread about SpotVPS offer. Only their. And jumping in the way Chris Fabozzi do is disrespectful to other hosts, disrespectful to person who invested his own time to post this Spotify offer (Humza) and disrespectful to rest of community.

Or as @concerto49 said: "Otherwise what's the point of offers for specific providers?"

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@GetKVM_Ash said: but i bet we wont see Chris get banned like many others have.

As far as I was aware, bans very rarely happen on here?

@GetKVM_Ash said: im going to undercut the living hell out of it

You're gonna undercut the living hell out of it with KVM's? Fantastic... make sure we all know when it's offered :P

• It's widely believed that LET/LEB have a few providers who either the admins of these sites are biased towards or that the community is biased for.

ChicagoVPS gets it's fair amount of positive bias. So do others.

We can either ignore what Chris does in these sales or we can join him like @GetKVM_Ash is thinking about :)

Threaded sites like this degrade and have same issues. Really should consider segmenting comments from the offers. A policy that prevents other providers from commenting in any capacity on another's offer wouldn't be a bad blanket rule.

I see lots of providers jabbing each other within the offer comments on LEB. Underbidding though, not so much.

• @liamwithers said: You're gonna undercut the living hell out of it with KVM's? Fantastic... make sure we all know when it's offered :P

Temporary bans are actually quite common, just ask Maounique.

And no it would be like-for-like, so OpenVZ :) If i could do KVM VPS at that price, i would.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@pubcrawler said: A policy that prevents other providers from commenting in any capacity on another's offer wouldn't be a bad blanket rule.

That sounds like massive overkill.

Just deal with the providers that go over the line, problem solved.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: And no it would be like-for-like, so OpenVZ :) If i could do KVM VPS at that price, i would.

I'd be delighted with an NL-based 2GB RAM / 50GB HD VPS at around the $7 mark, undercut away!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@joepie91 said: Just deal with the providers that go over the line, problem solved.

I would add here "Without double standards" as some hosts seems more equal than others.

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@GetKVM_Ash said: And no it would be like-for-like, so OpenVZ :) If i could do KVM VPS at that price, i would.

But you could do 2GB OpenVZ for <$5/month?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@Nekki said: I'd be delighted with an NL-based 2GB RAM / 50GB HD VPS at around the $7 mark, undercut away

@Nekki Ash (and most other hosts) will open own LET thread (or post in own LEB thread) to do something like this - that's the difference and proper way.

• @liamwithers said: But you could do 2GB OpenVZ for <$5/month?

Like i said, if no action is taken against Chris i would be happy to loose out just to give him a taste of his own medicine. If he is going to have no respect for others, i have no respect for him.

• There must be massive overselling going on for that price.

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
  • That post was inappropriate. It sets a very dangerous precedent on LEB if it rides. How long before every single companies comments sections turns into a spamfest of undercutting?

• (non-official opinion)

@ShardHost said: How long before every single companies comments sections turns into a spamfest of undercutting?

If it happens, there will be some actions against it. For now, you (LEB/LET readers) can just boycott his services.

@joepie91 said:

Just deal with the providers that go over the line, problem solved.

Also this.

• LeeLee Veteran

If it was an in the form of a post in the forums then who cares really, however an offer on lowendbox is reviewed and only certain ones get in, it's about an offer for that provider in particular and should stay that way, not get poluted.

Just my 2c

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks @breton for making more clear what I am thinking.
    I never said that is moral, ethical, whatever, I disagree personally with what he did.
    That being said, any punishment for that seems like misplaced, as breton said, boycott his services if you do not agree.
    I am sure this will come to bite and they are doing it at a loss, added some boycott and old customers asking the same deal, that is punishment enough.
    I think it is more clear what I try to say. Bad ethics, bad morality will undermine a brand in the end, no need for LEB staff to take action unless it starts to look like spam and deal with it under the already established spam rules.
    M

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited October 2012

@Maounique said: Thanks @breton for making more clear what I am thinking.

I never said that is moral, ethical, whatever, I disagree personally with what he did.
    That being said, any punishment for that seems like misplaced, as breton said, boycott his services if you do not agree.
    I am sure this will come to bite and they are doing it at a loss, added some boycott and old customers asking the same deal, that is punishment enough.
    I think it is more clear what I try to say. Bad ethics, bad morality will undermine a brand in the end, no need for LEB staff to take action unless it starts to look like spam and deal with it under the already established spam rules.
    M

M, I do appreciate & understand what your saying. I guess its just that other businesses have a different view on the situation than consumers. I can safely assume no provider here would like it if this was happening on their ad, unless there's one that can state otherwise?

I personally would love to see how Chris would react if @Francisco stepped in on a ChicagoVPS ad and posted a yearly offer to wipe the floor with them.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@Maounique said: Bad ethics, bad morality will undermine a brand in the end, no need for LEB staff to take action unless it starts to look like spam

@Maounique but this was spam.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I unapproved Chris post, its not accepted in my eyes to hi-jack some other providers thread like that.
    If @Chief disagrees, then so be it

Thanked by 2Lee Spirit
  • @MikHo said: I unapproved Chris post, its not accepted in my eyes to hi-jack some other providers thread like that.

Thank you Mikho. Could have done with a screenshot for reference but meh.

BTW, love your sig :)

• @MikHo said: I unapproved Chris post, its not accepted in my eyes to hi-jack some other providers thread like that.

Seems fair and reasonable.

@GetKVM_Ash said: Thank you Mikho. Could have done with a screenshot for reference but meh.

The comments are still available but marked for moderation, so if the situation changes, all that is needed to show them again is to approve the comments.
    or thrash them to never be visible again.

I will also go thru the rest of the comments and unapprove anything related to the hi-jack. Only so "new" readers wont get confused by some of the replies.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

I would love to see Francisco post an offer to undercut Chris.
    The problem with how most providers see thigs like these is that they think that people are not educated enough and will not look other offers or other offers would be hard to find for them and the least publicity someone else does, the best for them.
    I do not agree with that view and I believe there is place for strong providers that can afford low prices and good quality, not necesarily the best in both.
    There SHOULD be no problem for a provider with a very good service and a reasonable price for it.
    People in the LEB market are competing for price, but right now the prices are low enough to allow for a wide variety of:
    1. Quality first and foremost;
    2. Locations;
    3. Features;
    4. Support quality and so on.
    Of course, the best quality will not be the cheapest, at least not sustainably, also the cheapest offer will probably not have the best customer service, the perfect location and so on.
    LEB readers will know these things, the attempt to hide a cheaper offer is not a good idea, IMO, only if we consider it 100% spam (which is, to a certain degree, what Chris did) and this is especially wrong from someone which already has a lot of visibility.
    TL;DR a good provider will not fear competition, even unethical one, let the spammers/abusers go to other providers, those that know things will know how to choose.
    M

You were correct to do so, I just got home (12:40am here) and he had another post there where he was attempting to post a coupon code to match SpotVPS.

This discussion has been closed.