Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG! You guys are awesome!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OMG! You guys are awesome!

24khost24khost Member
edited October 2012 in General

Just wanted to thank everybody who bought from us this weekend. I have to say that the amount of orders was more than I could imagine. We ran out of ip's 3 times! Loved it. Just a little thanks from me.

Comments

• Don't be to happy oet. disputes will come

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited October 2012

@Randy? disputes about what?

My favorite one came over the weekend. They guy ordered and 30 seconds later I had a chargeback.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • AsadAsad Member
    edited October 2012

@Randy Way to put a downer on it..

• Giving effort patiently to be part of the community pays off in the end. Congrats

• Patience is a virtue of which I have very little of, but it has been fun.

• i meant fraudulent orders will come and you will get disputes, so don't be happy just yet.

• I know they come in, most of those get marked as fraud.

• trust me, there a few orders that are fraudulent and they got activated, just wait :)

• Just found one guy listed in fraud record. Good thing he hadn't been activated yet.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Congrats brother! LEB is an excellent resource, no doubt. I've been pretty relaxed about what I let through, and my fraud orders are around 1 for every 7 legitimate orders right now. It's the spammers I admire, some of them are extremely talented.

Thanked by 124khost
  • This guy was a spammer with 3 reports in fraud record.

• thanks @jarland.

• great, :)

• @24khost Congratulations!

@Randy

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @jarland said: fraud orders are around 1 for every 7 legitimate orders

This info is really good for my risk analysis class. Thanks.

• @smile93 - Not trying to derail... but we have about 1 in every 80 orders become fraud...

• @Randy said: disputes will come

not if he doesn't follow your bushiness ethics...

• @BlueVM said: 1 in every 80 orders become fraud

This is more than enough. Thanks

• @24khost The first time we got listed on LEB, same thing happened. Dispute 27 seconds after ordering.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@BlueVM Yeah, the 100mbit unmetered for $3.50 has proven quite effective in inflating my fraud orders. Also quite effective at directing them like sheep though. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have never offered it. I'll keep doing it, but only because of the other 6 out of those 7 ;)

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

David. you are not getting it,
    Disputes will come and it has nothing to do with business ethics

• naw the abuse reports are where the fun's at.

• @BlueVM said: Not trying to derail...

It wouldn't be LET if every thread didn't end up derailed :D

but we have about 1 in every 80 orders become fraud...

Your billing is behind CloudFlare, isn't it? That might catch some before they have a chance to place a dodgy order...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@jarland said: It's the spammers I admire, some of them are extremely talented.

At prometeus last chargeback was a few months ago, he doesnt even remember exactly. Abuse reports are about 1 in 2 weeks, but he was questioned by police about fake chinese shop hosted there, just last week.
    So, it varies a lot.
    M

• JacobJacob Member
    edited October 2012

WARNING BRIGHT FLASHING COLOURS!

• @Maounique said: At prometeus last chargeback was a few months ago, he doesnt even remember exactly. Abuse reports are about 1 in 2 weeks, but he was questioned by police about fake chinese shop hosted there, just last week.

So, it varies a lot.

M

So now you speak on behalf of sal as well as prometeus lmao

Thanked by 2Randy klikli
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

He doesnt have the time, unfortunately.
    M

• The worst part is when they do not renew 2nd month and when you get disputes and chargebacks :) ... may be forgot the tons of abuse going on constantly ...

• well we are just about full right now.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Am I the only one that can't open the panel? None of the images seem to be loading, just the texts and the links and empty spaces for all the graphics.

Windows 8
    Chrome / IE

Windows 7
    Chrome / IE/ Firefox