Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Billing failures
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Billing failures

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited October 2012 in General

Love when cancel a VPS and continue to get haggled by the automated service for overdue invoices. Probably the fourth provider we've had this issue with.

This is the second billing notice that your invoice no. 1040197 which was generated on 10/08/2012 is now overdue.

Your payment method is: PayPal

Invoice: 1040197
Amount Due: $0.00 USD
Due Date: 10/22/2012

Thanked by 1netomx

Comments

• You mean that WHMCS sux? Yes, I agree :)

Thanked by 1tux
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited October 2012

@pubcrawler said: Probably the fourth provider we've had this issue with.

@pubcrawler said: Amount Due: $0.00 USD

This issue happens when you cancel your VPS after the invoice has been generated. The invoice's due amount gets set to $0, but WHMCS is too stupid to not send invoice notices for invoices that are $0.00.

A solution is to cancel your services before you get an invoice for them. You can specify cancellation be at "end of billing cycle" so you can get the use of the remainder of the month. Keep in mind that some providers (though not sure of any in modern times) will take offense to cancellation notices and arbitrarily cancel your service immediately, despite what you've chosen.

• Actually, we cancel during the period which we are already paid and tell the billing system to kill our service at expiration.

These drive me nuts since since they generate a bunch of emails and we've had some providers continue to send them for months on end.

• I think we're guilty of this too.

• @pubcrawler said: These drive me nuts since since they generate a bunch of emails and we've had some providers continue to send them for months on end.

These appear in the "overdue invoices" count in WHMCS... if they're not reviewing their overdue invoices for $0.00 invoices, they're also not reviewing them for not-$0.00 invoices, and you probably could have gotten free service for months by not bothering to pay :)

• Guess this is a feature of WHMCS.

Do you folks call that a bug or is it a misconfiguration by end user?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@pubcrawler Laziness of the coders. They don't even have basic feature like excluding configuration options from promotions(IP's etc.) and this.

• @StormVZ said: Laziness of the coders. They don't even have basic feature like excluding configuration options from promotions(IP's etc.) and this.

This! +1

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

That is not as bad as being reminded to pay an invoice for which you were denied service in the first place.
    BurstNET refused me service however I kept receiving invoice overdue notices for months even tho I replied them saying "please".
    Only after 4 months or so it ended.
    I still get the usual spam about new products and such which are useless for them and even more annoying to me since they dont offer service to romanians.
    M

• I've gotten those overdue invoices for $0.00, too.

And then there's the support/announcement emails for services that you cancelled years ago...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Kazila made me this too, but emailing it to Nate, and he resolved it promptly. He's so kind, it's a shame it was expensive :(

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@pubcrawler said: Actually, we cancel during the period which we are already paid and tell the billing system to kill our service at expiration.

But if the specific time you cancelled was within the host's invoicing period (10 days prior to due date for us as an example), then you will get $0.00 invoices until they manually delete them. Someone made a plugin for WHMCS v4 to fix that, if I recall correctly, but it's broken on v5.

• The invoice number looked familiar, so I took the liberty of checking to see if it was one of ours (wasn't), but yeah I really hate that and I wish WHMCS would mark all $0.00 invoices as paid :P

• There was an old script on there forum and there addon store but it has a link to a forum that no longer exists so you can't get the addon.

• I had a host's whmcs keep sending overdue notices for an invoice with a negative value.

• @dmmcintyre3 said: I had a host's whmcs keep sending overdue notices for an invoice with a negative value.

I had this issue before too. BurstNET?

• I had the BurstNet issue too. They are one of the worst providers to get mixed up with. Canceled and was mighty mad when canceling. Got snagged in their being a US company but billing us for VPS in UK in euros.

Went back and forth with them to no end. Akin to talking to a brick wall essentially.

Yet, to this day they still send us promos and info every time they do something the world needs to know. So now they live in the SPAM pile.

• Semoweb keeps sending me invoices of a service I never get, never filled Credit Card or paid by paypal or something else... It says something about 27 dollars xD

• The provider should have set it to Cancelled by now.

• I received my 3rd overdue $0 notice today :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@pubcrawler said: I received my 3rd overdue $0 notice today :)

Watch out, your non-existent VPS will be terminated soon! :P

Thanked by 1pubcrawler
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@joepie91 said: Watch out, your non-existent VPS will be terminated soon! :P

That happened before, ppl received notices that their vps will be terminated even tho they never had one with that provider.
    I think Amanah did that with their free line. Nothing is absurd enough not to happen here.
    M

• I just realized I had an invoice for a customer like that today, I had to get rid of.

• @DestroyeRCo said: Semoweb keeps sending me invoices of a service I never get, never filled Credit Card or paid by paypal or something else... It says something about 27 dollars xD

Open a ticket, we'll kill the invoice.

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited October 2012

@semoweb said: we'll kill the invoice

no man! :( no more killing!

Thanked by 1NateN34
  • @David_P said: @semoweb said: we'll kill the invoice

no man! :( no more killing!

Haha ;)