Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for LEB provider with cheap BW price
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for LEB provider with cheap BW price

sonicsonic Veteran
edited October 2012 in Help

My requirements:
CPU: fine shared (as buyvm or neosurge 128 package is enough for my site)
Ram: 128 Burst: 256 (not overselling)
BW: at least 1TB
HDD: 5GB Raid 10
Location: I place my DB offload at buyvm SJ,CA . Now i want to have webserver at SJ or anywhere has good speed connection to my db (CA preferred)

...and cheap BW...i need arround 3-5TB/month. 1$/BW addon is Ok to me.

My budget: 15-20/year. Tks!

Comments

• Oh, you'll ask me why i dont buy BW addon at buyvm, because it's expensive to me, 2,5$/TB.

• What would you need 3-5tb for? Aint gonna happen on your budget, sorry.

• Theres a few which i think match that on http://lowendstock.com/

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited October 2012

You might just be better off moving your DB/web server to a different location entirely, or use CloudFlare to reduce your bandwidth (depends on your usage though)

@Jarland is currently doing an unmetered VPS deal in Denver, CO. Probably worth checking that out.

EDIT: That's a rather low budget :(

Thanked by 1jar
  • We host in the same DC as BuyVM (San Jose), we'll be happy to cook something up for you. Could you PM me if you are interested?

Pings in DC is <1ms

• Unsure if you are be impacted by the San Jose bandwidth cap issues at BuyVM San Jose.

If you are, the bandwidth top speed is in the 2M/s range.

Regardless of where you put your front end, you would be limited by that speed -- even in the same datacenter plus latency.

Anything over the internet like this is pretty laggy latency wise. Should be avoided if possible.

• Getting 46% packet loss right now from @lele0108 company in same facility to BuyVM BTW.

Some DDoS or resource over consumption going on node I am on.

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited October 2012

@pubcrawler

Hmm, that's weird, we're not getting anything weird from our pipes.

--- google.com ping statistics ---

53 packets transmitted, 53 received, 0% packet loss, time 52451ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 8.722/9.083/11.878/0.564 ms

BuyVM is stuck for me, VPS is super slow right now :(

• Sorry I wasn't clear :)

Loss from @lele0108's to BuyVM is right.

Issue is on BuyVM's side though. I can see that from testing elsewhere and from my VPS at BuyVM.

• @Francisco and crew seem to always be on top of things.

Packet loss has stopped but ping times are still floating in the 200-600ms range from other remote locations.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2012

i need arround 3-5TB/month.
    My budget: 15-20/year. Tks!

5 TB/month at ~$1.2/mo? I'll take three please, where do I sign up?

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @djvdorp said: What would you need 3-5tb for? Aint gonna happen on your budget, sorry.

For my site. Inbound Bandwidth: 2.61 TB - Outbound Bandwidth: 59.76 GB (in 20 days). This statistic is from Stallion panel. I dont know why my small site eat so huge BW like that.

@rm_ said: 5 TB/month at ~$1.2/mo? I'll take three please, where do I sign up?

Nope, it's budget for vps only (1tb bw), i'll pay for extra bw at 1$/bw addon/month.

Here is bw stats from neosurge vps where i put webserver last 2 days
    http://i.imgur.com/SJRRZ.jpg

• @sonic said: Inbound Bandwidth: 2.61 TB - Outbound Bandwidth: 59.76 GB (in 20 days).

That doesn't make sense, what sort of website are you running?

• You can check out BudgetVM, they've got some pretty good deals on bandwidth. Not as cheap as what you're asking for, though.

It would probably be worth researching what exactly is consuming the bandwidth. If it is legitimate and you really need that much, you might get a better deal by combining 2 or more LEBs and splitting up the content, or use nginx to load balance them.

• +1 for @david 's recommendation.

Some serious sustained throughput there @sonic.

• @klikli said: That doesn't make sense, what sort of website are you running?

Very small forum :D

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Zen said: $1/TB bandwidth? Haha

@Jack

@Alex_LiquidHost

Not really possible with me... I do have some spare on Sentris's network, though.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited October 2012

Expand your $15/Year price bracket, and it is possible with most Kansas Providers as we just get heaps of un-used bandwidth.(Gig ports aswell).

Thanked by 1klikli
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

should be fixed up.

Nlayer has been having some derps going on which is annoying.

Francisco

• In ~ 5 minutes

vnstat

rx      /      tx      /     total    /   estimated

tunl0: Not enough data available yet.
    venet0:
    Oct '12 338.62 MiB / 8.33 MiB / 346.95 MiB / 474.00 MiB
    today 338.62 MiB / 8.33 MiB / 346.95 MiB / 610 MiB

gre0: Not enough data available yet.

• @Zen said: Do you actually know what that bandwidth usage is for?

I dont know, i put forum script on this vps only. DB is offload at buyvm server. Maybe getting ddos

• We can do free inbound bandwidth, however we are out of stock ATM.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited October 2012

First thing I'd look at is what exactly is using all this.

Since we know you are pushing database over bandwidth, we should see how much that is using.

Do this in Debian/Ubuntu:

apt-get install iftop

iftop

You may or may not need to mess with flags to specify the interface. I didn't though.

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited October 2012

@pubcrawler said: First thing I'd look at is what exactly is using all this.

Since we know you are pushing database over bandwidth, we should see how much that is using.

Do this in Debian/Ubuntu:

apt-get install iftop

iftop

You may or may not need to mess with flags to specify the interface. I didn't though.

===========
    Here is result :D
    http://i.imgur.com/HkHMb.jpg

• That should show you who and what is moving data over the network and give you cumulative totals.

I'd leave it run in a spare terminal and watch it for a few hours to see what is blowing up your totals.

• Look at that graphic @sonic.

Rx and Tx at bottom.

Tx is what is going out to folks. Think of that as the data to viewers.

The Rx is received. Think of that as someone uploading to your server.

At the top I see the addons.frantech.ca pushing 10.2Mb

Appears that vast majority of your traffic is from the database.

Unsure why that is. Something is clearly wrong there.

• That is kind of one of the hazards of having the database on a different network and having software that pulls way too much data from the database in general.

I'd get a VPS that is big enough to handle both the web server and PHP as well as run MySQL. Should see this issue go away and faster pages.

• If you like having the DB off-loaded at buyvm, maybe you could get a VPS there to run your forum, too (so the traffic could be internal and not counted against your bandwidth usage).

Otherwise, what @pubcrawler said, get one VPS that can handle both.

Thanked by 2djvdorp sonic