Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone used Box Billing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone used Box Billing?

hostdoghostdog Member
edited October 2012 in General

Hello everyone,

Have you ever used boxbilling.com?
What do you think of it? Is it any good?

Spyros

Comments

• We've had this thread before right?

And yeah, it's a pretty great whmcs alternative.

• I'm sorry for this. Could not find a thread about it here.
    Can you please provide a link of the thread?

• japonjapon Member
    edited October 2012

@hostdog said: Can you please provide a link of the thread?

Maybe that thread?

• Thanks @japon. But I did this before starting a new discussion.
    I could not find enough info tho.
    Please close/delete the thread. I would try to find some info somewhere else.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited October 2012

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2870/anyone-use-boxbilling

This too. The search feature on this forum sucks, use "site:lowendtalk.com keyword" to search through Google instead.

@hostdog said: Please close/delete the thread. I would try to find some info somewhere else.

Naa, it's cool :) There's a few providers here who use Box Billing, sure they'll be able to give you a better insight into it.

Thanked by 1hostdog
  • Yup.

• So, any comments about it?
    Anything you thing should have and it's not there?

For example, we use WHMCS and we think there should be a setting not to apply discount on configurable options when a coupon is used.

Also addon products miss price fields for billing cycles. You can only choose one billing cycle and put a single price.

Also when choosing some configurable options should mean that some others should not be available, for exable Ubuntu as OS should disable cPanel as control panel.

I could think of more that WHMCS should take care.

Is there such customisation with Box Billing?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

BoxBilling is not as good as WHMCS

• @shovenose and the reason why is... ?

• @hostdog said: and the reason why is... ?

I think that the scripts made for WHMCS are better/secure. Just used BoxBilling for learning and is easy to use. I don't know about WHMCS

• Loads of spelling mistakes in BoxBilling. Documentation sucks... Mind you, i am using the free version.

• We use boxbilling on one of our brands, it's often hard to manage unpaid invoices in boxbilling. WHMCS is far superior for managing money.

• We're looking into migrating to HostBill soon, however their support seems unresponsive, and have not replied to a request for a quote on a migration script.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Well,
    -Admin disappears for lengthy times, releases updates very late, then goes away again.
    -Some functions in Admin CP seem to be more complex than they should be in BoxBilling
    -I've had major issues with domains module

Those are just some of the things that make BoxBilling less preferred than WHMCS.

Thanked by 1hostdog