Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US West Coast VPS Low Cost and Latency Request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US West Coast VPS Low Cost and Latency Request

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited October 2012 in General

Collective knowledge mining again :)

Need a VPS node for our West Coast traffic. Looking for a network that is good covering the West Coast and still alright heading back to US Central (i.e. Chicago and Kansas City). Good covering means low latency and direct routes covering Los Angeles to Seattle. Should also be able to push real bandwidth to Chicago and Kansas City 10MB/s minimum.

No BuyVM, BlueVM, umm there are some others we've tried and cut recently (can remember them now).

We don't require too much:
256MB RAM, 20GB+ disk, 1TB bandwidth, 1IP

Prefer a gigabit speed server.

Comments

• CiriumCirium Member
    edited October 2012

http://joesdatacenter.com

-Kansas city.
    -Multiple peers across the world. (Hurricane Electric, Cogent, KCIX)
    -1Gbit/s
    -Live cameras so you can see inside the datacenter.
    -24/7 onsite staff. (Tours also available)

The thing I like about this provider is that the actual datacenter is offering the VPS'S/Servers. Its not sold through another company so you get top support, and prices are cheap.

Dedicated servers are cheap aswell. Starting from $35/mo.
    Colo starts at $40/mo.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

PM me if you need a West Coast VPS to test things out

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited October 2012
  • PM me for if you want to try something in Buffalo.

• @Cirium, very familiar with Kansas City. We actually run colo servers off the larger network you mentioned. It's nice, but not close/good enough to deal with US west coast, plus we have too many eggs in that basket in case of something major failing.

@concerto49, already have Buffalo. Too high and varied time to West Coast. Good though. Think same facility :)

@lele0108, neato map there. Is that your company or which is it? Will PM you

• klikliklikli Member
    edited October 2012

Peer1. LEB @ http://www.vpscolo.com/
    Have you also tried out Quadranet as well?

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited October 2012

@klikli said: Have you also tried out Quadranet as well?

Quadranet does not offer VPS... they are a colocation provider, there are some LEB providers out there utilizing Quadranet's network, who in turn sell LEB's out of QN's facility.

Quadranet is a decent provider, for west coast I have no problems recommending Quadranet Los Angeles.

• I am mixed on Quadranet. Saw some good and some bad.

VPSColo is interesting. Their speed test is 11M/s from some networks capped and gig on others. Freaking flies everywhere across all of our servers. They have a VERY good network there.

• I can push ~10M/s to PrismaVPS from NodeDeploy in LA and ~20M/s to PrismaVPS from VPS6. Both are amazing.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited October 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Quadranet does not offer VPS... they are a colocation provider, there are some LEB providers out there utilizing Quadranet's network, who in turn sell LEB's out of QN's facility.

Thanks for point that out, there's a long list of providers using their service so I'd rather name the DC

• I always try to figure out if a facility is the problem or the reseller. Call me crazy. It is work, but when we end up needing a location, end up running into providers on same networks, so ruling them out up front save both time and money.

Have to always make sure they are using the same bandwidth as the other folks too though.

Nothing personal against BuyVM at the start of the thread. They have the throughput issue with some customers in San Jose. Sadly.