Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone care to help me to find the real identity of a scammer on DP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone care to help me to find the real identity of a scammer on DP?

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited October 2012 in General

Please see my original post on DP here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2578175#post18146155

First time buying stuff in DP and I was scammed. I have an dispute opened with Paypal, not sure if I can get my money back but I guess I will think of it as if it is a good lesson to learn. But at least if the all-powerful LET could help me to find out who this scammer actually is and we can put him on some public shame so that he knows what he does is wrong, then that's the least we could do.

Here is the person's Paypal email (not sure if it is a stolen account):

Name: Kashif Rafiq
Email: [email protected]

He also used this email to contact me:
Gull Ijazz [email protected]

Here is his user name on DP: sjorgen11

Evidences that he has been scamming other people (I did not post any one of them):

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2560497&p=18072634#post18072634 (got the money and ran away)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2574822&p=18130500#post18130500 (No further reply on the thread after his scam has been spotted)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2319266&p=16965706#post16965706 (Again got the money and ran away)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2572714&p=18140789#post18140789 (Again, got the money and ran away, for the third time at least!)

Thanks a lot if anyone is willing to help!

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer

Comments

• How did u get scammed? You sent your money to some rand from DP? Was it a license of some sort?

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited October 2012

@Nexus said: How did u get scammed? You sent your money to some rand from DP? Was it a license of some sort?

My fault, I did not check too carefully, had a long day at work and just tried to get this stuff done, dude insists on me sending the money as "personal" which was a red flag, I ignored again. So I have myself to blame on that part. He just disappeared after the money was sent to him, after promising me it will take him at most 24 hrs to get back to me.

And I know DP is a joke/scammer heaven of some sort, but I'd rather give cash to some homeless people sleeping under the bridge in the cold evenings like this than feeding some scammer in Pakistan.

• @zhuanyi said: First time buying stuff in DP and I was scammed. I have an dispute opened with Paypal, not sure if I can get my money back but I guess I will think of it as if it is a good lesson to learn. But at least if the all-powerful LET could help me to find out who this scammer actually is and we can put him on some public shame so that he knows what he does is wrong, then that's the least we could do.

Nope they aren't going to give you your money back. I lost $600 when I bought a site that was supposed to make $50/mo.

• @Corey said: Nope they aren't going to give you your money back. I lost $600 when I bought a site that was supposed to make $50/mo.

Lesson learnt, and that's why I want a public shame on this dude, at least this will hopefully teach him a lesson.

• @zhuanyi said: Lesson learnt, and that's why I want a public shame on this dude, at least this will hopefully teach him a lesson.

No lessons to be learnt on these people... they are cold hard thieves.... I was sooooooo mad when I lost my money :(.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • @zhuanyi I understand, everyone is not perfect and we do make mistakes, no worries. I'll see what I can do, but no promises. @Zen might be a person who can do some underground detective work. What's the status of your paypal claim/etc?

I believe paypal's terms are:

"Unfortunately, we are denying your claim because your purchase was for a

virtual, digital, or intangible item, which is not covered under PayPal
    Purchase Protection. We only cover claims involving physical items that
    can be shipped and tracked.
    We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve the problem.
    You'll find their contact information on the Transaction Details page."

But I have heard people still winning cases. ("False. You don't ALWAYS lose just because it is virtual. I didn't even call paypal and still won the case with straight up screenshots.") From here. (Not sure if legitimate but just a heads up, fight the case until the end).

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • @Corey said: No lessons to be learnt on these people... they are cold hard thieves.... I was sooooooo mad when I lost my money :(.

I guess the lesson for me to learn in this case is not to trust a forum like DP, and check carefully before I pay, I am sort of pissed off considering I worked at least 10 hours on that day and quite a few hours' of work wage ended up feeding a scumbag like this.

• @Nexus said: @Zen might be a person who can do some underground detective work. What's the status of your paypal claim/etc?

Thanks for the headsup, would appreciate if I can get any help from @Zen.

Right now the dispute is just opened, they are waiting for the reply of the other party. I know it is a long shot and quite frankly speaking I don't expect the money to come back anymore.

• Either post this on Reddit or 4chan.they have some hardcore PI skills .

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

Make sure you submit the links to those dp threads and all the data you can in the dispute. Not saying it might be be 100% effective, but worth a shot.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • @Nexus said: Make sure you submit the links to those dp threads and all the data you can in the dispute

Yes, too bad Paypal does not allow me to update the dispute once it is opened....

• Wow this is real BS:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2578175&p=18146229#post18146229

DP is a joke, that's all I can say.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

Give paypal a call and tell them what happended.

• @Randy said: Give paypal a call and tell them what happended.

Tried to call them a few times before, I don't know if they are useful at all, took a lady 30 minutes to dig out a past transaction I had once...

• DP is a badforum. even their mod sucks and full of scammers

• They wouldn't do anything about the guy that scammed me either and it was 100% through DP.

• Retribution will come soon, OP, don't worry too much.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: don't worry too much.

Thanks, I definitely hope so!

• Sorry to hear about this @zhuanyi, I do a lot of business on DP (selling software) and hear about other people getting scammed all the time sadly.

I've had negative iTrader left against me by someone who tried to scam me (got my money back in the end). The mods were a pain in the ass and didn't remove it exactly because of the same reason.

Best of luck with PayPal getting your money back. I wouldn't get my hopes up though because PayPal suck at disputes. Hope you learned to be more careful in the future :)

@zhuanyi said: LOL, I actually love what the mod posted:

That guy owns the site :P

• @AsadHaider said: I wouldn't get my hopes up though because PayPal suck at disputes.

Yes, hopefully I'll get some karma points this way...

@AsadHaider said: Hope you learned to be more careful in the future :)

Will definitely be, I think I normally do a bit of background check, it just so happened that day I was really tired and did not check, sigh...can't be lazy even for once in this online world I guess...

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited October 2012

All good news come together today I guess...today is really my lucky day:

"you'll receive a refund for the transaction amount. It may take up to 5 business
    days for the funds to appear in your account."

Wohoo!

• Lucky guy ;-)

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

@zhuanyi said: All good news come together today I guess...today is really my lucky day:

Wow! Kickstarter Competition Winner and now this? You sir are something special! Haha this just shows you man, stick with it and don't give up until the end. I am very happy for you, I hate scammers.

Thanked by 2netomx zhuanyi
  • @Jack said: How much was the transaction?

a few hours of my hard work :)

• @Nexus said: I hate scammers.

Who doesn't? :)

• @Jack said: I ment the paypal transaction ?

Well, I get paid to work, and then use that money to pay my mortgage and food and entertainment...and for LEBs and of course, occasionally buying stuff from scammers :)

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

LOL I think he wants to know the amount in numbers! :)

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited October 2012

@Nexus said: he wants to know the amount in numbers! :)

Within 100 bucks, but close to it :) I just don't think the numbers really matter, granted I probably won't spend time writing all these if it is just for 1 buck, but scammers are scammer, whether they scam 1 buck or 1 million should not make any difference, I have no respect to them in either case.

• @zhuanyi said: I have no respect to them in either case.

No one does. But the only thing you can do is learn from your mistake, tell us so we don't do the same mistake and move one. Sadly, I doubt you'll see your money again.