Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS provider in South America?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS provider in South America?

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited October 2012 in General

Can anyone recommend a reliable low cost VPS provider in South America?

Comments

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

EDIS in Chile

• Yea there is us and... us, no one else as far as i know

Thanked by 1klikli

There is also Amazon in Brazil but it's not low cost

• Does EDIS do custom quotes for VPSes? Need something with more disk but less RAM, CPU, bandwidth, etc.

Big price difference in South America :(

• EDIS has better pricing for "vServer" compared to KVM.

Anyone out there use vServer virtualization instead for their VPS? How does it compare to KVM, Xen, etc.?

@pubcrawler - it all depends from usage

• I'm surprised with all the growth in Brazil that there are not better facilities in the region to connect the folks. I guess the economy could be an issue but infrastructure is what developing areas need to invest heavily in to draw in big businesses

• japonjapon Member
    edited October 2012

@ChrisPV said: I guess the economy could be an issue

I guess the economy is the least issue (being the 6th biggest in the world and a growth of nearly 3%). Infrastructure stability is an issue, as far I've understood colleagues correctly.

Thanked by 1ChrisPV
  • Ditto about Brazil. Argentina is a big economy also.

Wonder if VPS providers down there are just advertising in Spanish instead elsewhere...

Population of South America is roughly 400 million. Quite a few folks down there.

You can use this list http://exoticvps.com/ to find some other providers in South America

Thanked by 1craigb
  • Awesome list there @gbshouse. Greatly appreciated!

• @ChrisPV said: I'm surprised with all the growth in Brazil that there are not better facilities in the region to connect the folks.

The DCs in Brazuil are good, but the import taxes in these countries are killing the business (Brazil 100%, Argentina 75%... )

Thanked by 1ChrisPV
  • @William said: The DCs in Brazuil are good, but the import taxes in these countries are killing the business (Brazil 100%, Argentina 75%... )

But Austria has a double tax treaty with Brazil. ;-)

@japon - double tax treaty is related to personal money not to import taxes

• japonjapon Member
    edited October 2012

@gbshouse said: double tax treaty is related to personal money not to import taxes

You are missing the second side of a DTT. Your own state can (if he wants) credit the tax paied abroad on your domestic income so your domestic taxational income is lower. He will most likely do that if he's interested in exports.

@japon - but it's not related to importing goods by company

• @japon said: But Austria has a double tax treaty with Brazil. ;-)

That is not applicable to imports.