Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is this even possible?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How is this even possible?

24khost24khost Member
edited October 2012 in General

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8384771#post8384771

1 Core CPU

50 GB RAID 10 Disk Space
2 GB Dedicated RAM (Guaranteed)
500 GB on 100 MBPS or 10 MBPS unmetered
4 FREE Dedicated IP address included
cPanel ($15 per month)
Softaculous (Free with cPanel)
Fully Managed Services ($30 per month)

Price: $9.99 per month (With price match guarantee. If you find a better price, simply let us know and we will match it or even beat it.)

so lets break this down.

4 ip's at lowest price I have ever seen $0.75 for ipv4 = 3.00
2 gb ram = $2.00
50 gb space $2.00
1 core = 2.00
500 GB Bandwidth 1.00

$10.00 where is the profit?

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Guess it depends on how big they are tbh and what type of discount they get on licensing

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Fully managed...
    Well, we will see, have seen crazy offers before.
    M

• cPanel ($15 per month)

cPanel costs 15 additional dollars. It's not included.

• Never mind I mis read the post. You are correct breton. I thought it said it was included.

• @Maounique said:

Fully managed...

Well, we will see, have seen crazy offers before.

It's not fully managed, management is for 30$/month

• I don't think they offer the cpanel license for free.

@24khost said: cPanel ($15 per month)

• jhjh Member

Where's that cartoon about volume? ;)

edited October 2012

Even so, 2 GB ram will be like 3 $ at least on an oversold server, 1 $ for the storage, IPs can be almost free for some ppl, so wont count them, 1 $ for bw, 1 $ for hw, we have 6 already. I would say at least 1 $ for licenses and other fixed costs, makes 7, 3 remaining to account for wages, support staff, taxes, no, it wont work unless they sell at a loss to launch.
    By support staff i do not mean the payed support, just those that answer tickets when something is down, or a bug in provisioning, or network slow, whatever.
    However, vedran is right, i did misread :)
    M

• @Maounique said: 3 remaining to account for wages, support staff, taxes, no, it wont work unless they sell at a loss to launch.

It's actually much more than $3 as some of your numbers are way off, but even at $3 when dealing with this, it is plenty.

@Maounique said: By support staff i do not mean the payed support, just those that answer tickets when something is down, or a bug in provisioning, or network slow, whatever.

Even I pay myself for this, you would run a real rough operation ;)

• @24khost said: I thought it said it was included.

Think you should correct the main post so that it does not sound like you are trying to smear others :)

• @zhuanyi fixed

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • LeeLee Veteran

$30 for managed + $15 for cPanel and finally $9.99 for the vps = $54.99 a month.

And I added that up without a calculator, go me....

• Best part is there website is already down.

• @24khost, still up for me? "http://webhats.net/hosting/" ?

ps: that blonde girl is smoking hot

• @Nexus back up now. Look at the wht thread it has had problems.

I am not surprised, usually after a listing some kid or more organize some DDoS :)
    M

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2012

Also read reply of wht members.

1. your site ite not working on my side
    2. I was thinking to order one VPS for testing but after looking at your website.. which was down for couple of hours..
    3. Still down
  • Considering 128GB of RAM for one box, they are going to be overselling the disk I/O and CPU like crazy before they sell out that box.

We were putting 8xRAID10 SATA on 32GB of RAM. At that ratio they would need 32xSATA disks to match the disk I/O needed to power well performing virtual servers.

• I am usually not in the favor of an argument especially when my company is in spotlight but I would still be glad to take a minute here and clarify a few of the accusations.

Starting with the website being down. While it was unfortunate that our main site was down last week, the fact still remains that this is not a trend that you should be concluding something off. The site was totally down for a period of about 40 minutes and we took every effort in bringing it back online right from the moment the downtime was spotted. The last I recall the site went down was in June 2011 when a disk failed. You should realize that an occasional downtime, once in a while (most importantly a downtime that does NOT affect any other hosted clients) is not something that should be a deciding factor for the question 'How good a provider is?'

As for the Disk I/O, I am not sure if any of you guys have a VPS purchased of that deal. But if you did, you would know that the I/O speeds aren't bad either.

Below is a brand new server that we just setup today and we are using SATA 2 Drives out here. Just check out the speeds:

[root@palladium ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.9141 s, 561 MB/s

Agreed, the speeds will degrade when the server starts to get filled however, it still wouldn't be that bad. Probably will go down to 250 to 350 (ranging) when its full. Not that bad for a $10 VPS which comes with 2 GB of RAM and 4 IPs(justified), is it??

I am not saying the speeds are very good, neither do we claim to be offering the cheapest or the best deals available. I am only saying that for the price we ask, the specs we offer and most importantly true 24 x 7 support (support available anytime of the day, any day of the year and would respond to you within 60 mins max, with average response time of 30 mins or less), is the package really that bad.

In my opinion the only ones who should comment about our services are the end users who have experienced the service and are willing to give a fair and unbiased review. I am not saying that we have 100% satisfied customers. Though even at this price we try to keep our support and services up to the highest standards possible.

• TazTaz Member
    edited October 2012

Nvm
    I am bored

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited October 2012

Keep in mind that they are running "also running" servers with 512 GB RAM

2gb for 10$/month is actually doable (remember ChicagoVPS 2gb 7$/month) but i still wouldn't touch a site with whois protection

• That server is already full (long back). Other than that, yes we do have whois protection enabled and like it or not I am not going to justify why. Other than that the domain you linked is also not owned by us.

• Do you notice that it is $3 more than Chicago VPSs 2Gb offering? If Chicago can do it someone else can. The simple fact is the amount of hardware available outstrips entrepreneurs and developers ability to utilize it, assuming that some users are interested in the service, and it keeps on growing. There is only so much time people can spend glued to computer screens in a day and how many different things they can give their attention, unless they are addicts. The only unusual thing here is the extra 3IPs

Intel has been moaning about this issue for a while.

• @24khost said: at lowest price I have ever seen $0.75 for ipv4

You are not living long enough in the industry.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Been in business 2 years. At this time though with ipv4 supposedly running out, the prices are on the rise for ipv4

• @24khost said: Been in business 2 years. At this time though with ipv4 supposedly running out, the prices are on the rise for ipv4

An eye opener for you: https://www.arin.net/fees/fee_schedule.html

• Not what i meant @web_host.

More the fee's from the providers that own the ip's not directly from arin.

• I agree with gsrdgrdghd. Personally, I would NOT put any of my intellectual property on any server run by those who hide their identity. Not saying this particular host is not trustworthy, only saying that is my preference because I enjoy sleeping at night.

• https://budgetvm.com/linux-vps.php

Here's $10 for 2GB, cant speak for reliability though.

• @detpack said: https://budgetvm.com/linux-vps.php

Here's $10 for 2GB, cant speak for reliability though.

There is a "Budget" in their name, so we wouldn't expect more :D MyVPS is working just fine except they got random restart or something every few days. (Uptime about 5 - 6 days then reset :D)