Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you backup? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you backup?

2»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

+1 to @wdq, CrashPlan is awesome. We were having some issues with our DB so I decided to login to see how many backups we have in CrashPlan... 1 backup every hour since we started using it last month. It also shows the file size including the date and time so I could pinpoint exactly when the problem started and using our internal changelog I was able to determine what caused the issue (luckily no need to restore, just run a repair on the corrupt table). :)

• @raindog308 said: My definition of backup is offsite and versioned.

How to version? Upto how many version? Last 5 versions or so?

• Business : rdiff-backup
    Customers : local incremental backup + rsync remote pull via SSH.

• My Backup Plan:

Websites + Database --> Daily FTP Backup to BuyVM
    --> Hourly RSYNC to SecuredDragon --> Backup to Dropbox

I'm using Dropbox CLI.

• I use Crashplan for all my backup needs.

• I'm currently using rsnapshot (daily) to a BuyVM storage VPS, but I'm thinking of adding an extra backup to Amazon Glacier (still figuring out whether it's worthwhile, and how best to work within the strange pricing structure).

• I backup to a disk and mail it to @lbft for storage... kidding of course, but I would use rsync to sync between VPSes and an external drive at home for storage.