Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry, live sales support is only available from 6:00AM MST to 8:00 PM MST.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sorry, live sales support is only available from 6:00AM MST to 8:00 PM MST.

juan_144juan_144 Member
edited October 2012 in Providers

If you don't offer live chat anymore why let the plugin on the website?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sounds like they do offer live chat between the hours of 6am and 8pm.

• @jarland said: Sounds like they do offer live chat between the hours of 6am and 8pm.

Really no. The message pops up 24/7. But the tickets are replied quick.

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited October 2012

@juan_144 said: Really no. The message pops up 24/7. But the tickets are replied quick.

Live chat is a b*tch. Clients love it, staff hate it.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited October 2012

I was just about to begin drafting a long argument, but there's just one problem.

YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL US WHO THIS PROVIDER IS.

@juan_144 said: If you don't offer...

Who is this "you'?

• @Zetta said: YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL US WHO THIS PROVIDER IS.

Yes, that is true, but why uncover the sinner? I only want to understand the possible reasons.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Most companies don't disable live chat during the off hours, they just set it to say offline or when they're next available. I don't see the problem. Is this preventing you from getting support?

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @juan_144 said: I only want to understand the possible reasons.

@jarland said: between the hours of 6am and 8pm.

@juan_144 said: Really no. The message pops up 24/7.

At first sight, it appears like you are complaining on how the live chat message is shown 24/7 but only works between the hours of 6am and 8pm.

• This seem to look like it's pretty normal

Thanked by 1vdnet
  • @rgenzon said: This seem to look like it's pretty normal

Agree - it's either that or they put someone with no knowledge/skill there. All they end up saying is, sorry our sales (or ) is offline. I'll send your message across.

Thanked by 1rgenzon
  • @Zen said: Live support is overrated anyway, you will get better overall performance from tickets since administrators can manage them better.

Right, ticket is better, but sometimes instant is even better. As when you are looking for upgrade prices that are not listed elsewhere on the site. BUT if for any reason nobody can sit to chat, the widget becomes some sort of joke. And now it is even bigger that the old one they used some time ago. :-p

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

Maybe they have. limited staff? Many customers abuse live chat agents so yeah .. :-/

• @Randy said: Maybe they have. limited staff? Many customers abuse live chat agents so yeah .. :-/

Yes I think, or started a platform switch from x to z and sidelined it to solve another higher priority problem.

• I used to just have the 'offline' image be a 1X1 transparent .png so the button wan't shown when we weren't available for live chat or if no one was manning live chat.

Keeps people from complaining that live chat is 'offline', if they don't know it exists in the first place. If we were manning the live chat desk, it'd show on the website.

I don't like live chat unless it plugs directly into the support desk. I don't need a ton of different paper trails to follow to figure out a client's history with us. It's nice having a centralized area of contact that keeps track of all of that.