Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

96MB Review for VPSNodeBox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

96MB Review for VPSNodeBox

96mb96mb Member
edited October 2012 in Reviews

I know recently VPSNodeBox has got itself into a bit of controversy so I decided to do a review myself about them. I have to say that even though the VPS did not by any means gave me the "wow" factor, it is nonetheless something good for a 7USD KVM VPS and here is the review that you guys could take a look at and feel free to comment about it:

http://www.96mb.com/96mb-low-end-vps-review-part-59vps-node-box/

Again, this is not a LET advertisement thread of 96MB but more like something to clear up the recent probably less pleasant reputation that VPSNodeBox has unfortunately got themselves into.

Feel free to share your thoughts/experience about them too if you like.

Comments

• @96mb how does your review "clear up the recent probably less pleasant reputation that VPSNodeBox has unfortunately got themselves into"? The issue for me was never about shortcomings with their VPS or the speed they respond to tickets (both were more than satisfactory). I guess I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

• Clearly they are not the worst providers although people labelled them otherwise?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

I am not sure one bad review means "people" labelled them.
    But, anyway, reviews are never bad even when they are bad :)
    M

Thanked by 1craigb
  • @96mb I didn't label them that - think you're missing my point but in other news...life goes on...

• I am glad to see you are happy with VPSNODEBOX, it's great to read good reviews, thanks for sharing.

Thanked by 196mb
  • @craigb said: I didn't label them that

Sorry I was on my phone so I did not type too much, I am definitely not accusing you of giving them bad reviews, but there were threads on LET (which you did not start), that lebelled them as such. I think for a young provider who is looking to try to start something, it is quite unfair for them to be labelled by other people in such a way that they are not...and that was the purpose of this thread :)

Thanked by 1craigb
  • @96mb said: I think for a young provider who is looking to try to start something, it is quite unfair for them to be labelled by other people in such a way that they are not.

I'm pretty sure no-one made a single complaint against their actual service, one guy was on a rampage because he thought a Windows license was included in the base price and was struggling to get a refund, all the other negativity was do with the owner's posting style and attitude.

Thanked by 1craigb
  • @Nekki said: all the other negativity was do with the owner's posting style and attitude

Unfortunately sometimes people just read the titles and probably the first few post and tell themselves...mmm...this is a scam company, I won't want to deal with them.

My point is, if VPSNodeBox is offering really shitty service, I won't even bother to come here and make this post, or probably will make one bashing them. However, they are offering pretty decent (not the greatest but decent) service for 7USD per month for a KVM VPS and I think that deserves some credit and positive advertisement.

Just my 2 cents.

• @96mb I would like to thank you for reviewing us. Your review is well written and we always welcome an outside perspective because it helps us improve our services and work out any performance related issues. I am happy to report that we have finally resolved the KVM I/O performance issues and I believe that Pete has posted a comment with a more in depth explanation on your blog. Because SolusVM does not allow a more granular control over CPU resources for KVM we are not setting up any new X3440 based nodes for KVM, and will instead use dual Xeon E5 2620 nodes. Overall I believe that getting average results out of a KVM VPS server situated on a fully populated node that is being heavily taxed 24/7 isn't actually that bad. Of course we did not set out to offer mediocre performance or services, and I am excited that during the past 3 weeks since we have started offering KVM VPS servers we have come such a long way. The most important thing for us as a hosting provider is to further evolve and improve our products and services.

As to what @Nekki and @craigb have said in their comments I have to say that they are both right. Let me start with @Nekki first: you are right, I have made many mistakes in the past. Posting comments or starting threads using my company's username and logo while expressing my own opinions, being argumentative or criticizing someone ultimately reflects poorly on my company and on myself as a person because it gives the impression that all I am trying to do is promote my business. I have not been active in this community for almost two weeks, mostly because I have been very busy, traveling and tied up with family related matters, but also because I wanted to leave this community. I have met allot of great people here and web hosting providers that have been doing this for over half a decade or even longer, and I believe that I have learned allot from them, and I would like to continue to do so. I have kept in touch with some of the members here, and while everyone said to me that I should return to LET, the advice that I have received unanimously was that I should use my own username when posting comments or threads, instead of my company's name and logo. Looking around I see that other providers are doing the same thing and act as representatives of their companies instead of the company itself. So @Nekki you are right, I have messed up and I am sorry. I apologize to you, to @craigb, @Zen, @miTgiB, @Kenshin, @Taz and to @Chief, and I am sorry if I have missed anyone else that I might have upset. I would also like to thank everyone who supported VPS Node Box in one form or another, members like @96mb, @serverbear, @Nick_A, @Jarland, @AsadHaider, @Kujoe, @Nexus, and to @Chief for having us here, and again, I am sorry if I missed mentioning anyone.

@craigb when you where one of our customers I have not treated your fairly and please, once more, accept my humble apologies. You have pointed out clearly what I did wrong and how I could improve and I thank you for that. You where right, I was tired, overworked and I wasn't having a bad day or even a bad week, but the past 2 months haven't been kind on me, and the last thing I should have done was to be near a keyboard and post on a forum. That is why I have shifted allot of my workload over to the other people that I work with. Looking back at some of the comments that I have posted I realize how argumentative and defensive I have been, and mostly at times when I shouldn't have said anything at all. I am very passionate about my work and I have invested allot in this company, but I strongly believe that I should keep my passion focused on providing good service and customer support and out of the public forums, because @96mb has just proven to me that when others see the value in what we are doing at VPS Node Box they will speak for us. Happy customers are the best advertising for any company.

@Chief you where right: I have argued with you and others in the past, and I have even argued with you over PM. You put your own time and money on the line to provide all of this for us, so I have no right to argue with you about anything. I am so sorry, please accept my deepest most sincere apologies, as I have learned from my mistakes. Instead of arguing with anyone I'd rather share my knowledge with others, while learning what I can in order to improve myself and my business. Thank you.

• TazTaz Member

Hold them horses boy. You ain't kunnu, no need to apologize. Have some fried chicken.

Thanked by 2marcm SimpleNode
  • I for one think using the username @marcm is much better :)

Thanked by 2marcm SimpleNode
  • I have to say, their server is good, and performance beyond expectation, but their service is far away from that. Actually not because of they don't want to be good service, but the way they communicate with customer is not so appropriate. if this won't change, none can help them and they never become linode.

• @96mb said: Clearly they are not the worst providers although people labelled them otherwise?

they are the worst providers i have ever met, that is the true, none can't change this and i don't lie.

• Dear @likexian,

On behalf of myself and my company VPS Node Box I apologize for any problems you may have had with me or our support staff. I can assure you that absolute customer satisfaction is our top priority and that we are always doing our best to meet our customer's needs and demands. We also encourage our customers to always use our support ticket system and all the other communication channels that we make available so that we can assist them in the best possible and most practical way with any problems that they may have. I would like to thank you for the comment that you have made about us on October 6th, and with your permission we would like to display it in our upcoming testimonials section on our website:

@likexian said: by the way, they don't discrimination chinese users(at least on my point), any time i got an issue, they answer patiently and carefully and of course detailed.

I appreciate your comments and thoughts, and we deeply regret that you are no longer with us, however thank you for the time that you have spent with us as one of our most valued customers.

• @marcm glad you got some rest and perspective - good to see you back posting as you!