Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ reinstall commanded?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ reinstall commanded?

letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2012 in General

Hello,

i'm looking for bit help, i trying to get openvz reinstall way but no luck, it is destory and recreat the vps again?

thanks

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am not sure I understand you, solus or whatever panel you have is not working ?
    M

• You will have destroy then recreate $container in order to re-install/reload it via command line.

--Roel.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@NinjaHawk_Roel said: You will have destroy then recreate $container in order to re-install/reload it via command line.

--Roel.

Ya, that i'm was thinking, Thanks alot
    any Idea about Console?

• Are you using an OpenVZ Portal software such as SolusVM, HyperVM?

edited October 2012

@Maounique said: I am not sure I understand you, solus or whatever panel you have is not working ?

our coder working on free VPS control panel and it ready now but few commanded i'm looking into them, Reinstall and console :)

Thanks

• nocomnocom Member
    edited October 2012

LetBox Coming Soon In Dallas & Egypt Unmetered VPS Hosting and Dedicated Server
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/95001470/81/Failure-to-Create-VPS page77

Thanked by 1breton
  • @nocom said:

LetBox Coming Soon In Dallas & Egypt Unmetered VPS Hosting and Dedicated Server

http://www.scribd.com/doc/95001470/81/Failure-to-Create-VPS page77

yep, that's pretty strange that a provider asks such questions

Thanked by 1tux
  • key12,

My advice to you is you put your "Coming Soon" on hold and start reading up on OpenVZ. If you do not understand how to reinstall a VPS from command line, then you should not be selling virtual servers. You should know how to manage everything without a control panel and just use the control panel for convenience, otherwise when a customer has an issue that the control panel can't fix, what are you going to do?

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
  • TazTaz Member
    edited October 2012

@Dewlancevps, Ironic..
    @Op, take a look into some of the open source panels and see how they are doing it.

• please read up : http://wiki.openvz.org/Main_Page

good luck.

For everyone, I'm fully understand how it work, However i looking for more confirm that all i want.

As i said before when i start this topic destroy and recreat the vps again, That not shame to confirm from what i know or understanding.

Whatever thanks for everyone here.

• @key12 said: For everyone, I'm fully understand how it work, However i looking for more confirm that all i want.

That is a contradiction. If you fully understood how it worked, you would not need to confirm. I think it is important for your business as well as your future customers that you fully understand the platform you are selling. It is a common mistake of people to rush into hosting without gaining the knowledge required.

My three suggestions for creating a company that will last are:
    1. Detailed business plan
    2. Research the market thoroughly
    3. Become, or hire, an expert in the field. Not just knowing general knowledge, but knowing near everything.

• How about we just answer OP's question? :P

@vdnet said: That is a contradiction. If you fully understood how it worked, you would not need to confirm. I think it is important for your business as well as your future customers that you fully understand the platform you are selling. It is a common mistake of people to rush into hosting without gaining the knowledge required.

My three suggestions for creating a company that will last are:

1. Detailed business plan
    2. Research the market thoroughly
    3. Become, or hire, an expert in the field. Not just knowing general knowledge, but knowing near everything.

The reason of my question is, if there is antoher way or something like that as same as confirm, I don't see any shame on this.
    Whatever thanks for your advices.