Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP Terminal with interactive commands?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP Terminal with interactive commands?

RaymiiRaymii Member
edited October 2012 in General

http://codecanyon.net/item/terminal/107684

Saw this today, downloaded it, found out it does not do any interactive programs (it borks on user input) and got sad.

Is it possible to do (with php) a webterminal which can handle interactive commands? I'm aware of ajaxterm and java applets and c99-likes, but those are also not able to do interactive programs (except the java ones).

Comments

• I remember there is a way to open a SSH session with PHP, and somehow keep it open and continuously grab data from it... I'm not too sure. You'd probably have to use AJAX magic.

• I know @joepie91 does things with his cvm vps panel, maybe he can give some input?

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2012

https://github.com/liftoff/GateOne

Gate One is an HTML5 web-based terminal emulator and SSH client. :)

• @SpeedBus that looks very very awesome. I'm going to look into that...

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@Raymii said: @SpeedBus that looks very very awesome. I'm going to look into that...

Yep, its pretty awesome :D BUT I don't know how secure it is or how it stores SSH keys or anything of that sort :/

• @SpeedBus HTML5 for the win! I remember telling some kid a couple a days ago that he was wasting his time developing his forum software when it had no html 5 functionality/ajax/websocket/etc/etc. The guy was simply developing a "PHP+MYSQL" forum. Which is insanely retarded in today's market because there is absolutely nothing proprietary about it. The guy got really mad and told me to screw off, this was on the "adminzone" forums. He has the title "Forum Software Developer" which is a fracking joke, bunch of monkeys run that forum. HTML5 is the future of web development, anyone that is creating scripts that don't take advantage of this, is merely a fool. I still post there for shit's and giggles though.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • GateOne is the best one I know of, but it's Python though - not PHP.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Raymii said: I know @joepie91 does things with his cvm vps panel, maybe he can give some input?

php-ssh2 extension, or phpseclib (for a pure PHP implementation) :)