Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone tried this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone tried this?

BrandonBrandon Member
edited October 2012 in General

I was looking into syncing my Google contacts with Roundcube and was wondering if anyone had any success with this: http://www.grosseosterhues.com/2011/08/adding-google-contacts-to-roundcube-webmail/. Does anyone know of any other alternatives?

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2012

Nondescript thread names are a waste of everyone's time.

Thanked by 2rds100 vedran
  • Are you referring to $this-> ?

• Do you need bidirectional sync or just a one-time import? Gmail can export as vCard format, which RoundCube knows how to import.

• I am looking for a bidirectional sync. Yeah I've looked into vCards too but I'm constantly updating my contacts.

• I think you'll need a RoundCube plugin of some sort, then, and the only other option besides the Google Contacts plugin is to route through a CardDAV server. I'm not sure if that would then require running a separate CardDAV server that syncs with both Gmail and RoundCube; it would probably be easier to get the Google Contacts plugin working.