Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just finished my Friday Hack Project: Receiveee, an instant disposable email service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just finished my Friday Hack Project: Receiveee, an instant disposable email service

kornnflakekornnflake Member
edited September 2012 in General

Had some unused lowend boxes, so I quickly build this ;) Check it out.

receiveee.com

Comments

• That is great! Love the auto click welcome e-mails.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Very nice but at the same time, won't this quickly become a haven for fraudsters?

• nunimnunim Member
    edited September 2012

Neat, automatically clicking activation links is a real plus, I would chose you over mailinator for that reason because if you do that I should never have to read the emails.

• @jhadley said: Very nice but at the same time, won't this quickly become a haven for fraudsters?

I use a diff website but similar all the time for forums and stuff.

• @Spencer said: I use a diff website but similar all the time for forums and stuff.

The problem is that almost all websites seem to be blacklisted nowadays :/

@kornnflake's obviously isn't yet :)

• While a great thing for me getting free ebooks, yet another mail host I will have to block :(

• nunimnunim Member
    edited September 2012

I find that even well known maildump sites like Mailinator usually work just fine, and if it is blocked theres a good chance that there is an alternative domain pointing at the same thing that works just fine

I'd say it would take some time before the site got put into any kind of "blacklist" , especially if it's not super popular.

• @nunim +1 for mailinator, they have tons of alias domains you can use too in case any are blocked.

• I tried twice but still no emails coming to my address [email protected]

• kornnflakekornnflake Member
    edited September 2012

I tried twice but still no emails coming to my address [email protected]

thanks, working on this, fix is coming asap ;)

Edit: should be fixed now

• For how long could we keep that e-mail address generated for us?

• For how long could we keep that e-mail address generated for us?

As long as you wish. Just bookmark the site when you're in your inbox in case the session cookie gets deleted. This is a unique URL which contains some kind of "secret token".

• Great, it's working :)
    What do you use for the script?

• @kornnflake thanks for the input. This is a very useful project! :)

• Why pre-create a mail adress? Wouldn't an approach like mailinator be better for anyone?

• Worked on my little project on the weekend and just pushed v2 online, which contains:

• New design
    • Changed servers
    • Automatically click on activation links should now work for most of the links
    • Html mails are now displayed properly
    • And a lot of minor bug fixes

receiveee.com

• @kornnflake what is it written in? And, any plans to release the source?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Just tried this and the e-mail doesn't seem to be arriving....

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@qps my email isn't arriving either :(

• Sorry deployed the new version a litte bit too early. Worked nice in my development Environment :/ Just pushed a new version, which should fix all known bugs.

Thanked by 2VPNsh HostCheetah
  • Seems to be offline..

• @kamalnasser said: Seems to be offline..

Working fine from here (US).

• Wow ... kinda cool / I have used TrashMail.net for years / but this is kinda cool / I will start to use this too.

And yes / the auto activation link clicking is pretty neat

Hope there is someway to spot fraudsters / they may abuse the service.

• @HostCheetah said: Hope there is someway to spot fraudsters / they may abuse the service.

Already added some mechanics to prevent simple scripts/bots to abuse this ;)

• wow nice. any chance of releasing the code?

• AsadAsad Member
    edited October 2012

@kornnflake How do you "automatically click on activation links"? Do you use a regular expression match to check against the syntax of a URL or something?

Also, noticed it used to be mailseal.de which now points to Receiveee. I'd get a few domains and stick them on as other domain extensions you can use instead of receiveee.com

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

It is very nice!

• @cosmicgate said: wow nice. any chance of releasing the code?

Sorry no plans for releasing it. But I might do so in the future :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@kornnflake said: Sorry no plans for releasing it. But I might do so in the future :)

I hope not :P