Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• Well mine was down and with that my primary DNS. 2 things...

1. You told everyone that the move would be done several weeks ago, yet you mention like it just happened,
    2. Twitter updates are supposed to be done before downtime not during.
  • or After

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@ChrisK said: Our infrastructure is superior to most companies on leb as well ;)

Its not hard to do, now compare to top hosts such as ChicagoVPS and its not even a close race.

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited October 2012

Pretty sure you don't even have your own AS.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@ChrisK said: Pretty sure you don't even have your own AS.

I am pretty sure that if they want they can have it. Own AS means absolutely nothing. Especially when AS can be gotten without actual IP space.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

There's no point of pro-claiming you have one of the "most" superior infrastructure if it isn't actually up and from this thread's OP you failed to even notify your customers that you were moving with an exact time or date even to that extent? Even really low end / summer hosts let customers know of maintenance?

• @CVPS_Chris said: Its not hard to do, now compare to top hosts such as ChicagoVPS and its not even a close race.

I'm surprised there's enough room to move in this thread with all these huge heads.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2012

Catalyst actually has the top infrastructure.

I've never seen our servers. Why pretend...

• We did try and send an email out to clients before the move, it seems that the cloud provider we temporarily moved our website and billing system gave us blacklisted IPs.
    We did not notice this until later, at that time we were starting to move our website and billing system to our Dallas location.

• @ChrisK said: Our infrastructure is superior to most companies on leb as well ;)

Well that doesn't say much then if companies with inferior infrastructure are getting better results. Perhaps comparing yourself to others is at this point in time is disingenuous ?

@ChrisK said: We have a very robust infrastructure, far better than what we had in Florida.

Genuinely curious after all the talking up of your Florida location in recent months I am now interested in knowing what exactly are the benefits of moving to Dallas? Or more importantly, why can't you achieve in Florida what you're aiming to achieve in Dallas? I would of thought if you already have your own "20Gbit private network" in Florida wouldn't it make sense to simply upgrade the "superior" network infrastructure there than relocating/duplicating your efforts in Dallas?

• @ChrisK which cloud provider?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@ChrisK said: Pretty sure you don't even have your own AS

I dont need an AS since it would make no sense for me. Colocrossing can supply me with whatever I need and make it more economical for me. I have no intentions on leaving them at any point so what does an AS do for me? Absolutely nothing.

@Alex_LiquidHost said: I am pretty sure that if they want they can have it. Own AS means absolutely nothing. Especially when AS can be gotten without actual IP space.

Very well said, and precisely the point.

@GetKVM_Ash said: I'm surprised there's enough room to move in this thread with all these huge heads.

Its just the truth

• @Chief said: Genuinely curious after all the talking up of your Florida location in recent months I am now interested in knowing what exactly are the benefits of moving to Dallas? Or more importantly, why can't you achieve in Florida what you're aiming to achieve in Dallas? I would of thought if you already have your own "20Gbit private network" in Florida wouldn't it make sense to simply upgrade the "superior" network infrastructure there than relocating/duplicating your efforts in Dallas?

We've had issues with one of our providers in Florida that caused us to move. Dallas offers much more connectivity, and we can deliver our 100% uptime there.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@zon said: sites are with quickweb, buyvm, inceptionhosting, hostigation, chicagovps, vps9, prometues etc

Gee... And I thought I have a problem...
    M

• @ChrisK Which cloud provider let you down with a black listed ip?

• @24host
    Gigenet

• @ChrisK Ahhh ok. Noted.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Gigenet has blacklisted IP?

• I like how this discussion how grown by 40 posts overnight, but the servers are still down!

• Most KVM VPS are online.

• They are not.

• Message me your ID.

Thanks

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php
    Use ASN and number 32181
    It looks like they do have blacklisted nets, whether or not they give them to customers, that is another matter.

• @chrisk Mine is not online as well.pm-ed my id

• @cosmicgate said: @chrisk Mine is not online as well.pm-ed my id

How long has the downtime been in total?

• @Nexus. Not sure. It's one of those "impulse buy" vps which I don't really use alot. I believe it's down for close to a week or perhaps longer? Maybe still okay if you are comparing to 123com's kvm which is down close to a month now lol.

• Dear @ChrisK,

I must admit that your service is just like a junk for me.
    The problem has been occurred since 1st September 2012, and you and your staffs ALWAYS says "We are checking the issue".
    You even let my tickets went idle and closed automatically. Really not professional.

I'm not a technical one, so I can't say much about hardware issues. The only problem I found was no interconnection between SolusVM and the VPS and "some" downtime.

• Most KVM VPS are online.

Xen still pending it seems. At this writing my VPS (on node Dallas-Xen-1-Reg) has been down for about 11 days. My ticket was updated yesterday, saying that the VPS would be back up later that day. Still down (unpingable and showing as Offline in the control panel) at this moment.

• 11 days, not hours? Really superior infrastructure.

Thanked by 1Chief
  • I've had this VPS since early July and didn't have any cause for complaint until it went down on about Sep. 28th. Now it is Oct 9th and still no VPS.