Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else get late notifications?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone else get late notifications?

NexusNexus Member
edited October 2012 in Help

Hey I was wondering if it's just me but whenever I send a message to someone, and they reply; like 2-4minutes later I get a notification at the bottom left saying I got a new message from them? But it's already been read/etc. Same goes for notifications of the @ Symbol/etc.

Just wondering if this is normal or a bug? Hope it can get squashed.

Comments

• its just how it is!

• thats normal. i got that everysingle time

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

The notifications seem to only happen when there is some other sort of AJAX communication with the server - for example, when auto-saving a draft of something you're typing. That may explain the delay.

Thanked by 2titanicsaled djvdorp
  • Yep, happens every time someone makes a response on a thread I've created, replied to me, or sent a message.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@joepie91 said: The notifications seem to only happen when there is some other sort of AJAX communication with the server - for example, when auto-saving a draft of something you're typing. That may explain the delay.

I can confirm that. I get them all in a moment, it happened to get 5 or more at the same time when I had comments on a popular thread.
    M

• Has happened to me too.

• dragonballz2kdragonballz2k Member
    edited October 2012

Is it because browser won't get update from server. Or is it a server problem