Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the accepted notification time that a provider should give - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the accepted notification time that a provider should give

Comments

• Discussion thread now has a more suitable title "VPSNodeBox "look at me, look at me"

@vpsnodebox said: I do not want to turn this thread into an issue about my business (VPS Node Box).

And yet you go and achieve the exact opposite....

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: No privacy on fake info and prepaid cards ;)

>

Are you actually admitting to using fake information when ordering? You know this is a crime, right?

• TazTaz Member

Nah. If you are not caught, you can not be proven guilty. I have done this couple of provider so I can tell them, those fraud check you have done are not working.

• Right...with that logic, murder, rape, theft is not a crime either as long as you can get away with it. You represent a company and brag about committing a crime on a public forum. When you provide false information and agree to a contract (TOS), you are committing fraud.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • TazTaz Member
    edited October 2012

@vdnet That is why you should check for frauds as a provider. I am good person so no harm was done. But it could have been the other way. Per law "Evey person is innocent unless proven guilty". Even if i have admitted, can you still find my fake info ( I love watching white collar btw) ? No harm done, no crime happened.

And fyi, I no longer represent any host. I am free.

• @vpsnodebox said: We wanted to enable caching on that node as soon as possible

But it shouldn't be about what you want but about what the customer wants. I believe the customer wants an earlier notification :)

• @mpkossen The customer wants performance and reliability at the end of the day. That's all that the customer cares about.

I am sorry @Chief but I did not start this thread, but my company was named in it. I cannot control what other people say or do. I just wanted to reply to the thread, that is all. Thank you.

• TazTaz Member

@vpsnodebox Just a comment, IF this was an upgrade and not a fix, why would it have to be in 60 minutes notice? It is not like your node was about to crash or bbu was running away :P. Atleast may be 48 hour planned hardware upgrade? It is not like you made the decision under an hour ;)

• @Taz_NinjaHawk Regarding your first point about signing up with us, I was trying to be polite, but I will not talk on a public forum about how the internals of fraud verification work. I see where you are going. Regarding your second point, it's been all explained a couple of comments back.

Thanked by 1Taz
  • @vpsnodebox and after 2 invitations from you to leave your service - I'll take the hint. I accept the refund and will cancel service. Utterly mistified how we got here but this customer prefers less drama.

• You know with how leb is,@vpsnodebox once you get involved with the community here, you either end up becoming the popular dude or the front page guy on WHF.

• PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
    edited October 2012

@craigb I didn't invite you to leave, neither did I give you any hints. I was just trying to be nice and polite. I gave you the refund so that you wouldn't be bound by anything. You are more than welcome to stay. I am sorry about the drama, however I did not start this.

• @cosmicgate Anyone can see by now that I am being picked on. No matter what I do or how I do it, no matter how nice or polite I try to be.

• I fail to see the logic behind @Cheif changing the title of this thread to such, dare I say unprofessional.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited October 2012

@Chief said: @vpsnodebox you have successfully turned what was a thread where @craigb was just curious what was standard for LEB providers in general nonspecific to you or your service whereby you were merely an opening example, now in to a thread completely about you focused on you and your services. Piece of PR wizardry right there for all the wrong reasons.

Mentioning his company in a somewhat negative light.

If I opened a thread on WHT saying "LowEndBox admin/mods are really rude and unprofessional, are most web hosting forum team members like this?" would you not feel obliged to respond if you saw it?

• @vpsnodebox said: I am sorry @Chief but I did not start this thread, but my company was named in it. I cannot control what other people say or do. I just wanted to reply to the thread, that is all. Thank you.

You actually have a mundane habbit of entering general discussions and making them "about you." Or in threads where nobody is asking about you or your services just randomly feeling the urge to make them known although completely unrelated.

Your company was named in this thread, that's great, and had you of not turned the whole thread in to a soap opera about yourself then a few dozen other companies would of been named in it and we would of had a better idea of what multiple hosts offer as well.

@craigb said: Made me curious what other LEB providers and users consider reasonable notification for scheduled upgrades.

^ The whole original point of the thread with the original title "What is reasonable notice for scheduled upgrades?"

@vpsnodebox I get it, you just like to argue, you argue with me via PM long before this. You argue with others, and then argue with potential customers.

I'm off for a few hours, when I return hopefully you won't have convoluted any other discussions.

Thanked by 2Wintereise eastonch
  • @Chief I don't like to argue, however I don't like to be run over and stepped on.

• TazTaz Member
    edited October 2012

@Chief said: you just like to argue,

I thought It was me? No more chicken for you!

• @chief when you get back, can you close this thread please as it has ended up going completely off-track

• @craigb I can tell you this about @Chief : he doesn't like to be told what to do.

@Chief believe it or not I have a huge appreciation for what you are doing here. I do not like any kind of drama and I do not want to participate in it. The only reason why I have replied to this thread was because my company name came up. Thank you.

• @vpsnodebox said: @Chief believe it or not I have a huge appreciation for what you are doing here.

Taking an already successful site and just floating it along?

• @vpsnodebox the reason I asked - not told - @chief to close this thread is you continue to mischaracterise what I write. And there you go again...

• @Kairus It's called showing some common courtesy. I am just a guest here and I was doing just that.

@craigb You named my company in your thread, and I defended it. It is what every other provider would have done. I did not create any drama and I have extended as much courtesy to you as humanly possible.

• so we now have two threads about vpsnodebox.
    i won't say that it's all the provider's fault. but you should really double check your way of communication with your customers, right?
    not many customers complain about their providers at LET, but u got two. and maybe more in the future as they set an example

Thanked by 1nz2ocasey
  • @zodiacg This is allot of drama and nonsense and I hate the fact that I have tor reply and reply.
    @craigb - I had no issue with this customer. He received an email about an issue that didn't affect him. To be perfectly honest it didn't affect anyone. He mentioned my company's name in a thread and I've replied to it. That's it. I didn't start the thread and I did not want to continue it or make it about my company.

The other customer's VPS was under DDoS attack and I was doing damage control. He didn't want to wait another minute or two for the information he requested so he started being rude and the posting here. What can I do about that?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@vdnet said: Are you actually admitting to using fake information when ordering? You know this is a crime, right?

The only way I can see this being a crime (and even that is disputable), is if the TOS explicitly state that you need to provide valid details.

• @joepie91 said: I don't check my email every 60 minutes, I would imagine others don't either.

I sit with a GMail tab pinned to chrome

• I don't really understand the problem here. @vpsnodebox already said that he will give an earlier notice next time (albeit arguably a bit late in this thread). So why are we still discussing instead of returning to the original point?

• @vpsnodebox said: We use the services of fellow LEB providers like RamNode or ChicagoVPS for our DNS network. One morning at 4AM I have received an email from @Nick_A at RamNode with the following text:

Hello,
    Unfortunately we have to perform an emergency reboot of node AtlantaSSDVZ2. Your VPSs should be back online shortly. If you have any questions or concerns, please open a support ticket.
    Thanks,
    Nick
    [email protected]

@vpsnodebox You see @Nick could have jumped out and argue with you they were doing everything under the sun to offer the best service to their customers, but he chose not to, and that is where I think you should learn from him. There is no right or wrong in this matter, no customer is happy with this kind of email and no provider could really do anything to promise there won't be incidents like this, so the best approach, if you are willing to take my advice, is just to keep quiet, if a customer is not happy, offer him/her a refund and apologize and leave the thread alone. Trust me, threads here do sink really fast.

Thanked by 1craigb