Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You know your SEO is bad when...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

You know your SEO is bad when...

Comments

• Go ServerBear! LOL.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

Lol @ Serverbear, gotta say his website is pretty dam good looking to be honest. It's so fluid it's one of my favourites I've seen in 2012 so far, very sexy.

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited October 2012

Could be Google thinking your domain is German. Go into Webmaster tools & set the locale to Worldwide or USA?

Thanked by 2NanoG6 Asim
  • @serverbear said: Could be Google thinking your domain is German. Go into Webmaster tools & set the locale to Worldwide or USA?

+1

• @serverbear @DestroyeRCo Thanks... however I can't seem to change it o_O

bbqbacon

• Ah, you might only be able to do that for .com & .net etc.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited October 2012

@SimpleNode said: Thanks... however I can't seem to change it o_O

One thing you can immediately fix is where you have "do not set preferred domain" pick one and then fix it on your site.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/seo-advice-url-canonicalization/

• It's all right since it's only a keyword with <5000 search results..
    Better concentrating in keywords with at least 500.000 search result, targeted...

• Did you use like a ip backlink spammer?

• @serverbear said: Ah, you might only be able to do that for .com & .net etc.

I can set my .me domain

• you are #9 when i search on my browser

• I get the same results as you, searching from the UK.

• If I Google what you did, you are on the very bottom of the list.

However, if I Google "Simpleno VPS" or "Simpleno", you are on the second to the top of the search results.

I think this has to do with the fact that your domain is a .de, German one and that it does not count the TLD as a part of the word LOL.

• how about mine? :p

• In basically 70% of results for SimpleNode, simplenode vps etc., @ServerBear is above me :P

• zserozsero Member
    edited October 2012

Once I was thinking about something ending in .de (...co.de) but I've realized that Google really really doesn't like smart ending domain names. You can check it simply by Googling for "simpleno" a word what's not even contained on your website, but still you get Number 4! So Google gives a HUGE push to the domain name word and it will take a long long time to understand "simpleno.de" as "simplenode".

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited October 2012

UPDATE: We're now in front of ServerBear when you search "simplenode"!. I think google is learning our domain's... err.... 'specialness'?

• Anything you did or it just happened?

• Not sure. We got simplenode.org, and got it to redirect to our website, however I don't think that made a difference.

• I suggest to run new website with simplenode.org with footer link to de domain and after some time you get 2 links on firstpage.

• It could be targeted results or just how it is for everyone.

I usually use http://www.tools4google.com/search-google-position/keyword_tracking.php to check site ranking for keywords as it shows results with no real preferences

Thanked by 1kornnflake
  • Google uses target results based on where you've been or searched.

Here is what I got when I used Incognito mode and another browser I don't use (firefox):
    http://i.imgur.com/Iuk2M.png

While server bear is steal above you, LET dominates.

• how about adding some content on the index page of your site for google to index?

• A lot of people forget you can set your location on the left hand side which is useful for narrowing down search results to specific locations in your area but for an operation like yourself, it would be very time consuming for every location in the world ;)