Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any cheap dedicated servers in LA for VPS Node?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any cheap dedicated servers in LA for VPS Node?

waynelim14waynelim14 Member
edited September 2012 in General

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a VPS Cluster in LA to start the ball rolling. Will start with LEBs first so i need to keep my costs low.
Any recommendations?
This is the spec i need:
CPU - E-1230 or Dual L5420
RAM - At least 8GBs
HDD - 2x 500GB or 4x1TB
HW Raid 1 or 10
100MBPS - 10TB or Unmetered

Your help is kindly appreciated :D

Comments

• Budget?

• Probably keeping my budget within 200$

• webnx? atjeu?

• @Rikimaru90 said: webnx? atjeu?

Thanks, will take a look :D

• @Damian please.

• @Damian please.

better search for atjeu here :P

• @Pats said: better search for atjeu here :P

Will do, thanks!

• @Pats said: better search for atjeu here :P

Ew, I never tried of them before, get some reference from my friends... :D
    Well, nevermind, at least no one suggest for burst.net here... :D

• @Rikimaru90 said: at least no one suggest for burst.net here... :D

That's right. Saw many reviews about them on WHT.

• @Rikimaru90 said: burst.net

Actually I will suggest burstnet. Specially, if you are from the states and can make phone calls, they aren't that bad. Most of my tickets were answered with in an hour when I used to have VPS with them.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Actually I will suggest burstnet. Specially, if you are from the states and can make phone calls, they aren't that bad. Most of my tickets were answered with in an hour when I used to have VPS with them.

On my side - sicne I have a VPS, 1 year now, not a signle problem that needed a ticket. Something I can not say for LEB providers I've been with.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Actually I will suggest burstnet. Specially, if you are from the states and can make phone calls, they aren't that bad. Most of my tickets were answered with in an hour when I used to have VPS with them.

Let me guess... 1 month free with only 1 USD setup fee and phone verification?
    I already found about their bad networks, but hey, maybe just my "luck"...

• @waynelim14 said: That's right. Saw many reviews about them on WHT.

Bigger the size, the more you will see bad review. This is because they have a huge clientbase and most of their clients are linux noobs and first time shared host to vps switchers who doesn't have a damn idea about what to do and think they will receive the same type of support like their shared host was offering and they will have some nice pointy cliky interface.

People fail to realize that, budget vps are for those who knows what they are doing. If you require hand holding, Liquidweb, wirerdtree and knownhost is there.

• gorillaserver, the budget side of webnx

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@fly said: gorillaserver, the budget side of webnx

They claim they are not related.

• @Rikimaru90 said: Let me guess... 1 month free with only 1 USD setup fee and phone verification?

I never got any phone verification :P

I tried them out, there was a disk f*ckup after a few days. Support was rubbish. They tried to charge me for a os reinstall. I told them to **** off :)

• @Rikimaru90 said: Let me guess... 1 month free with only 1 USD setup fee and phone verification?

I already found about their bad networks, but hey, maybe just my "luck"...

6 VPS for a owncloud setup, 2 on each location, 2 vps for dns hosting and 1 for my personal blog.
    Almost 99.99% network uptime, great and friendly support. No herp derp replies with herp derp BS.

• @fly said: gorillaserver

Saw that and still considering :P
    Thanks your suggestion.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Bigger the size, the more you will see bad review.

Could be... But never seen some bad review about singlehop or softlayer more than burst.net... But hey, really, maybe just my "luck"..

@fly said: gorillaserver, the budget side of webnx

Never heard of them before, reseller of webnx? Or side company?
    Webnx have a good quality (in my side), better search about gorillaserver now...

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: They claim they are not related.

Is it? Many people claim that they are the child company of WebNX.

Not really sure about this though.

• @Rikimaru90 said: Could be... But never seen some bad review about singlehop or softlayer more than burst.net... But hey, really, maybe just my "luck"..

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: This is because they have a huge clientbase and most of their clients are linux noobs and first time shared host to vps switchers who doesn't have a damn idea about what to do and think they will receive the same type of support like their shared host was offering and they will have some nice pointy cliky interface.

Those who use singlehop or softlayer pays 3-10 time more than what they are paying burstnet, thus they receive premium support, faster response time and hand holders. Also forgot where I read this but, the more a person pays for his/her hosting, the less chance he/she will open many ticket. As most of them has the money available to spend on serveradmin, management and so forth. It is the 2$ customer who thinks they should get the world for 2$. (I blame @miTgiB , @Francisco and @kujoe for this)

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: As most of them has the money available to spend on serveradmin, management and so forth.

I agree with this. If a budget provider don't have enough manpower, the support they provide will not be as good.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Those who use singlehop or softlayer pays 3-10 time more than what they are paying burstnet, thus they receive premium support, faster response time and hand holders. Also forgot where I read this but, the more a person pays for his/her hosting, the less chance he/she will open many ticket. As most of them has the money available to spend on serveradmin, management and so forth. It is the 2$ customer who thinks they should get the world for 2$. (I blame @miTgiB , @Francisco and @kujoe for this)

Hey, calm down, man... Why are you so mad about it?
    I mentions singlehop and softlayer because they have their facility in west coast of USA (since this discussion is about LA dedicated servers, I'm trying to focusing). We all know a lot of company which not have facility in west coast of USA but have more cheap price and better quality than burst.net...
    We just trying to help @waynelim14 to find a good dedicated server provider...

Anyway, @waynelim14, ever heard of securedservers? Maybe can be a solution...

• @Taz_NinjaHawk you are on a roll..!

• @Rikimaru90 said: Anyway, @waynelim14, ever heard of securedservers? Maybe can be a solution...

Yeah heard of that before. Trying to see which one fits me best :P Thanks though.

• Rikimaru90Rikimaru90 Member
    edited September 2012

@LAKid said: you are on a roll..!

The Offspring - Hit That... :p (relaxing)

@Jack said: Had issues with Network up until a few months back.

I think it was June? they had an overhaul on the network and when I used them it seemed decent.

Well, have a friend complaining about their setup (partition or something like that)...

• @Rikimaru90 The reason I am mad is because people do not like to think from providers point of view. You were also not comparing Apple to Apple.

A server, that costs 150$/mo on burstnet cost almost 600$/mo on singlehop/softlayer. When you signup for a provider who mainly targets budget users and don't need promotion to put those price down, you will have to cut something. Either save money and sacrifice support or sacrifice money and save on support.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: It is the 2$ customer who thinks they should get the world for 2$.

I've been trying to cut back on the hand holding. For instance, today I answered 4 questions with 4 links to KB articles already answering the questions.

• Rikimaru90Rikimaru90 Member
    edited September 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: A server, that costs 150$/mo on burstnet cost almost 600$/mo on singlehop/softlayer.

@Rikimaru90 said: I mentions singlehop and softlayer because they have their facility in west coast of USA (since this discussion is about LA dedicated servers, I'm trying to focusing). We all know a lot of company which not have facility in west coast of USA but have more cheap price and better quality than burst.net...

-_-" Calm down, man...

Thanked by 1SmartHost
  • Ive been with Busrtnet almost a year now...their VPS and network are great though....