Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Billing Software: OpenBill - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Billing Software: OpenBill

Comments

• thats weird. lol thanks for the link :)

• looks great! any support system? :)

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2012

@Randy said: looks great! any support system? :)

Not at the moment. I'm guessing that most freelancers will probably just use e-mail, but if there's enough demand for a ticket system, then I'll build one to go with it.

• what are the planned features for this weekend?

Thanked by 1Randy
  • the invoices send on daily basis via cronjobs?

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2012

@corehosting said: what are the planned features for this weekend?

In addition to what's on the video (and a payments page I forgot to show working):

• Recurring invoices via cron jobs
    • Admin home page with graphs showing a summary of everything within OpenBill
    • Client side - invoice page with Paypal IPN etc.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to prioritise for the initial release.

• @Randy said: the invoices send on daily basis via cronjobs?

The recurring ones work with a cron. The ordinary ones go straight out.

• @liam said: Looks great james.

Thanks

@liam said: Can you add tax?

Yes, will add it for this weekend

• This is awesome! However I can't justify $159 dollars :( Maybe do a free version? :D

• @David_P said: This is awesome!

Thanks, that makes me feel great!

@David_P said: However I can't justify $159 dollars :( Maybe do a free version? :D

There won't be a free version as I did spend a lot of time on this and expect to make something from its licensing. What is it worth to you?

• @jhadley said: What is it worth to you?

It's worth thousands. Maybe it's just because I'm poor :P. Good luck though! I'm sure other people will pay that price.

Thanked by 1jh
  • Really nice work James! Like it and looking forward to it.

Thanked by 1jh
  • @jhadley

Any chance of an online demo possibly?

• @titanicsaled said: Any chance of an online demo possibly?

Possibly this weekend, still working on it now!

• @jhadley

Awesome, looks nice from the video!

Thanked by 1jh
  • can't wait, to see a demo.

I would like to see pricing like
    Monthly - $9.95
    Yearly - $99.95
    Lifetime - $159.99

Thanked by 1jh
  • @24khost said: I would like to see pricing like

Monthly - $9.95
    Yearly - $99.95
    Lifetime - $159.99

Those figures seem about right however if I'm going to be giving out the source code, I won't be able to enforce monthly/yearly invoices, so it'd have to be encrypted.

• Even if encrypted, people who want to steal it will steal it. So think of some other ways to collect your payments. Maybe a public page where everyone can check if a certain domain is authorized to use the software, etc.

• @rds100 said: Maybe a public page where everyone can check if a certain domain is authorized to use the software

Good idea - will add that to the to-do list.

• i cant define how much i am willing to pay for this, its pretty basi

@24khost said: I would like to see pricing like

Monthly - $9.95
    Yearly - $99.95
    Lifetime - $159.99

+1 very reasonable

• I am interested in one-time purchase pricing with full source access, assuming there is full documentation for any and all available api functionality.

• @KnightSwarm_Phillip said: I am interested in one-time purchase pricing with full source access, assuming there is full documentation for any and all available api functionality.

Can you PM me how much you'd be willing to pay for that, assuming there is an API?

• Also a reseller level would be nice.

some where in the range of 6.95 a license no matter how many you sell so that everybody can resell your product.

• @24khost said: Also a reseller level would be nice.

some where in the range of 6.95 a license no matter how many you sell so that everybody can resell your product.

LOL thinking way ahead there.

• @KnightSwarm_Phillip I am interested in one-time purchase pricing with full source access, assuming there is full documentation for any and all available api functionality.

@jhadley for this I would suggest a developer license, with NDA. $325.00

• Well if it is good enough that i would use it. Why would i not want to package it with something or resell to my clients.

• @24khost said: @jhadley for this I would suggest a developer license, with NDA. $325.00

I have no objections whatsoever to an NDA, but we need to know what we're getting into before we commit to a purchase. i.e. code is up to our standards and usable in our environment. Happy to discuss further as needed.

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2012

@24khost said: @jhadley for this I would suggest a developer license, with NDA. $325.00

Ok sounds good to me.

So we have some possible pricing:

Monthly: £6
    Yearly: £59
    Owned: £99
    Developer: £199

What does everyone think of these?

@KnightSwarm_Phillip said: I have no objections whatsoever to an NDA, but we need to know what we're getting into before we commit to a purchase. i.e. code is up to our standards and usable in our environment. Happy to discuss further as needed.

PM me what you think it's worth to you and we'll go from there. I am hoping to get the code audited before it's released, so you shouldn't have to worry about code quality (in theory). If you (or anyone else) has any particular concerns, just let me know and I'll work with you.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Fantastic work @jhadley :). This isn't something I'd be able to make use of at the moment, but if I needed a billing system in the future then £99 for an owned license is more than reasonable. Also, I'd be much more likely to want to purchase outright than to have a recurring license fee.

Thanked by 1jh