Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode Vs Hostigation - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode Vs Hostigation

2»

Comments

• You're not going to notice the difference between those processors. Both companies will take good care of you and Nick and Tim are both nice people. It basically comes down to location.

• +1 Ramnode :)

Thanked by 2Nick_A TheHackBox
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Clock rate doesn't tell the full story of the performance difference between those two processors, but both are very powerful and more than enough for most applications. The Ivy Bridge line is frankly amazing, but you should not base your decision purely on Sandy vs Ivy Bridge. Let everyone know what features attracted you to us and Hostigation and they'll be able to give you more helpful feedback than just "I LOVE BOTH WOOO" (which is much appreciated :D).

edited September 2012

EBWOP: Where does Hostigation list E3-1230? I thought Tim used E5s?...

@Jack said: multiple E3's in most of the older KVM/OVZ nodes.

Multiple E3s?...

• @Nick_A said: Multiple E3s?...

All OpenVZ nodes are E3-1230(v1&2) for 128/256mb OpenVZ except 1 node in Charlotte which is an AMD Opteron 6128, and All 512/1g/2g nodes are E5-2620
    KVM could be E3-1230(v1&2), E3-1270, L5520, E5-2620

I have just over 30 nodes so sometimes the gear is older as I began upgrading the network in Jan of 2010 taking all the Opteron 2350's and older out of service.

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited September 2012

You can't go wrong with either, both offer SSD Cached nodes, decent port speeds & good personalised support.

Nick has pure SSD options, which would be the main difference (plus location if thats important to you Tim: LA & Charlotte, Nick: Dallas & Atlanta).

Thanked by 1Nick_A

@Jack said: As in a lot of the nodes are E3's.

Ah ok - I took it to mean Tim figured out how to combined E3s on a single server!

• RamNode and Hostigation is great :)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Nick_A said: Tim figured out how to combined E3s on a single server!

I told you I am better with jedi mind tricks ;)

• Both are great provider. :D

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • PatsPats Member
    edited September 2012

@Damian said: If all you care about is speed and benchmarks, click the 'Benchmarks' tab of the links you posted.

Otherwise, they're both solid hosts.

Damian ?? what happened to Avatar & signature?? am i missing smth?

Heard lot good abt Hostigation & Ramnode - had noticed jarland putting its sticker in the bumper(signature) a while back :)

Planning to use Hostigation due to location LA

• acarrascopeacarrascope Banned
    edited September 2012

I only use Hostigation (if this is only for the name, wins), i don't have the comparing point yet

+1 Hostigation

• I got both openvz and kvm ssd vps from ramnode. The network speed and performance are great. And @Nick_A replied my support ticket very FAST!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @muj E3-1230s are nice processors, 1230 and 1230v2 have no big differences. We using E3-1270 and have enough CPU power :)

RamNode, nice support! We using it for our ns300.fmbackbone.de dns server in the usa.

Thanked by 1Nick_A