Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have comments on rackd.net? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have comments on rackd.net?

2»

Comments

• RackD TOS page is missing.

Not Found

The requested URL /terms.html was not found on this server.
  • @Biplab, thanks for that, had not notice after we moved it again.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@doctorcloud
    Any other specials then the one on WHT?

Im looking for a dedi somewhere in the lines of what you are offering but for a cheaper price :) since it will be used for internal testing only

• Seeing as i couldn't find anything that said i can't say the below,

@Mikho,

If you contact sales they should be able to sort something out,

Thanks,
    Nic

edited September 2012

@doctorcloud
    I'll do so and reference to the thread here.

Oh.... The edit
    This is not WHT :) you can do almost anything and get away with it.

• @doctorcloud Sorry, I didn't know all that. A detailed "About Us" page explaining who you are and what you do goes a long way :) Also we started out in December 2011 as drupalcentric.com, then in April rebranded to vpsnodebox.com, but we explain that on the About Us page. It might be worth taking a bit of time to write one.

Also, I assumed it was ByteCP from how it looked, of course I didn't mean anything bad by it. I actually like HostBill and their products.

I wish you the best,
    Marc @ VPS Node Box

Thought I should update the thread a little with wath happened.

Well, sent a ticket to sales only to get the reply that this was their best offer they could make. Total waste of my time and giving my email to yet another provider (not that I think it would create any problems).

After some more tickets I got an offer with lower price, when I then asked for HW raid (since i wanted to test vmware and it cant handle SW Raid).
    The monthly price for the raid card was more then the server itself.
    A real show stopper.

I ended up getting a @datashack instead.

• @MikHo Don't be upset, everyone needs/wants to make money. This is a ultra super mega competitive market, so if you don't balance your offer(s) properly the market will sideline you and and put you out of business anyway. @Datashack FTW :) I haven't used them yet, but I hear good things.

@vpsnodebox
    The only thing that got me upset was that it was needed a ticket to tell me that this was the best offer available.
    Could have said it straight out.
    On the other hand, we exchanged a few tickets and I have no grudge against rackd.

It was just that te offer was not for me right now.

• @MikHo This can always be avoided by the re-seller (or data center, depending on the company/business) by having a comprehensive configuration list on their website for each server and by practicing same pricing for everyone. No more deals trough tickets.

Honestly, you have no reason to be upset. For example if I don't get a timely reply on a quote I move on.

@vpsnodebox
    Think you overreact on the word upset, its not that I threw something across the room or anything.
    More annoyed then upset. If you know what I mean.

• @MikHo Unfortunately there really isn't much of a substitute for the word "upset", and most of the time it sounds actually better than anything else when used in a sentence to describe how someone else feels.

I think that if I would have worded it like this it would have been worst: "Honestly, you have no reason to be annoyed." - then again, I could be wrong :)