Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy shit HostBill
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Holy shit HostBill

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited September 2012 in General

http://hostbillapp.com/features/apps/solusvm.html

Apparently released 3 days ago.

Holy shit Hostbill, I really want you.

Monthly Licenses I beg you :S

Comments

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited September 2012

Still, this is thing is so ahead of what WHMCS can do with SolusVM, I'm just shocked.

NVM read that wrong

• What's there to 'LOL' about?

Spelling mistakes can, and do happen.

• All these can be done via whmcs as well. I don't see what is so great (besides that package testing method).

@lele0108 said: Still, this is thing is so ahead of what WHMCS can do with SolusVM, I'm just shocked.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: All these can be done via whmcs as well. I don't see what is so great (besides that package testing method).

Does WHMCS let you sell XXX ammount of resources to a customer, let them deploy unlimited servers with the XXX resources, and add more/change resources on the fly?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Also keep in mind that the WHMCS module is provided by SolusVM, when new features are added SolusVM updates their module at the same time. Imagine if SolusVM releases a new version that's not compatible with HostBill's module and you're forced to wait for them to update their module before getting a feature/security patch from SolusVM.

Thanked by 2Nick_A klikli
  • Kinda. (With SolusVM Reseller account).

• @lele0108 said: Does WHMCS let you sell XXX ammount of resources to a customer, let them deploy unlimited servers with the XXX resources, and add more/change resources on the fly?

UMMM yes. using configurable options. @Damian has proof. I have done the same as well.

• I assume you'll have the same updates to it soon enough as well, KuJoe.

I mean, you can't compete if you don't innovate.

• @SimpleNode said: Kinda. (With SolusVM Reseller account).

Yea, I thought somebody would mention this, but that's hard to use compared to Hostbill.

I looked over Hostbill today, and it's so much more beautiful and easy to use than WHMCS.

I'm thinking about coughing up for a lifetime license.

• @KuJoe said: Also keep in mind that the WHMCS module is provided by SolusVM, when new features are added SolusVM updates their module at the same time. Imagine if SolusVM releases a new version that's not compatible with HostBill's module and you're forced to wait for them to update their module before getting a feature/security patch from SolusVM.

Hostbill does monthly update. How about WHMCS and SolusVM? (It's a question because I really don't know how ofter WHMCS and SolusVM update/fix their software).

Hostbill now has autoupdate/autopatch, I really love it because download and upload 30MB with a very slow connection is really pain :D

• Sadly, after talking with HostBill sales, they won't budge on monthly licensing.

If anybody does have a monthly license or a lifetime license they don't want, I'll be glad to buy it off you.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

We have a hostbill owned license from few months after they started and rapidly improving. Currently using WHMCS but also started to test HB out again as it's improved ALOT

• You can get a monthly license from http://www.siteserving.com/.

Thanked by 1lele0108
  • @fileMEDIA said: You can get a monthly license from http://www.siteserving.com/.

I. Fucking. Love. You.

• @fileMEDIA They have similar site to license cube and whmcs unavailable so I presume it's same owner

• @StormVZ said: @fileMEDIA They have similar site to license cube and whmcs unavailable so I presume it's same owner

Probably.

edited September 2012

YES, HostBill here I come :D

• @StormVZ I had tested siteserving.com, they send me a license for hostbill. All works fine here.

edited September 2012

@fileMEDIA

@fileMedia Hmm, they gave me a weird five digit number called the License ID. HostBill didn't take it :S

Oh well, contact support.

• You should get a normal hostbill license key. I´ve got one..hmm..

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited September 2012

I'd be worried about those licenses been within Hostbills terms, especially after seeing that they (Licensecube) were selling dodgy DA licenses.

• @lele0108 said: I. Fucking. Love. You.

+1

• @GetKVM_Ash said: I'd be worried about those licenses been within Hostbills terms, especially after seeing that they (Licensecube) were selling dodgy DA licenses.

Just contacted Hostbill about them, hopefully they'll get back to me soon, as I am quite interested in getting a monthly license as well. :)

edited September 2012

@GetKVM_Ash Blissful ignorance.

@Victor They will say no, even I'd you beg.

• @Victor said: @GetKVM_Ash said: I'd be worried about those licenses been within Hostbills terms, especially after seeing that they (Licensecube) were selling dodgy DA licenses.

i wonder how they sell HB on a monthly license?

• Waiting.....

@Victor said: Just contacted Hostbill about them, hopefully they'll get back to me soon, as I am quite interested in getting a monthly license as well.

• VictorVictor Member
    edited September 2012

Hostbill just replied

"They are not authorized to sell licenses directly."

• hmm so i guess this company can no longer be trusted