Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a few VPSes in China...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a few VPSes in China...

GaryGary Member
edited September 2012 in Providers

I know they're few and far between, but they actually need to be in China. It's not for a website, so the Chinese rule that you need a license shouldn't matter, I believe.

I need 2GB+ ram, 2+ cores, 100mbit port.

I don't expect these to be in the LEB price range, btw...

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Edis is your answer.

• I thought they only had them in Hong Kong? It needs to be actually in China.

• http://www.sinoservers.com/ has VPS in China.
    Not cheap but good quality.

• Ram-wise, the biggest they seem to do is 1.5GB, at $110/mo with $15 setup.

I need ~3, so I'd be better off going for one of their horrifically expensive dedicated servers. They're only on unmetered 10mbit though. :/

The state of Chinese datacentres is horrible. :(

• If you understand Chinese then you maybe able to try your luck on Taobao, I think people sells VPSes there...

• I think alibaba or alipay offers some kind of Cloud service, but i hope you can speak chinese. Honestly i would just settle for one near china, or "in" depending on your politics

• Hostitek in taiwan can get below 30 ms to Shanghai if you've got money to burn

• I am in China, if you have questions around the VPSes and use ichat thus ping me at [email protected]

• Yea, no issue with that.

• They can, and do.. I see Taiwanese products in the stores in Shanghai regularly. There are Taiwanese restaurant chains everywhere. Also there is a new direct cable between China Telecom/HiNet which is why the ping is so good. Anyway he said it wasn't for a webpage so who knows if its even for business!

• Nope, needs to be in China unfortunately.

• Nope, needs to be in China unfortunately.

Both Hong Kong and Taiwan are parts of China, in this case I think you should modify the requirement to MAINLAND CHINA.

• Ok then, mainland China. I fear I won't get any joy, mind you. :(

• actually on taobao i came across a few guys selling vpses supposedly on bgp servers in Beijing. i dont really trust them but you could try it. search for 北京 bgp vps

• fanfan Veteran
    edited September 2012

Ok then, mainland China. I fear I won't get any joy, mind you. :(

I suggest not to consider buying a VPS in mainland China recently since the policies and regulations are possible to change with the new administration coming after the NPC conference.

• Unless there's a serious need, I won't go with Taobao people with dirty hands.