Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM NY Node 6?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM NY Node 6?

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited September 2012 in General

Anyone else having problems with nynode6? It's being extremely slow for me at the moment.

Thanks

Comments

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

Welcome to BuyVM's helpdesk! BUT we cannot assist you , PLEASE SUBMIT A SUPPORT TICKET .

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I did..I was wondering if anybody else was having this issue actually

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

if you are having issues, you should ask them and not us. there is no need to ask on LET. if anyone has issues they would sunmit a ticket instead of starting a thread on LET.

so if everyone is having issues with them, every single one of them can start a LET thread about it.. sounds good right?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

(02:00:00) ny-node06:~ root: uptime
    02:00:04 up 6 days, 1:57, 1 user, load average: 0.32, 0.28, 0.26

Seems OK over here? It took a second to offer SSH to me but that's likely due to the 100ms latency for me :)

If you're having any problems just put in a ticket and we'll check into it more.

Francisco

• Randy stop being an idiot. He only asked if anyone else had a problem and because BuyVM is huge in LET it's the best place. Maybe you should stop jumping on the bandwagon and following what other people reply to these types of threads before thinking about it.

Thanked by 3PacketVM Asim Damian

@Francisco said: Seems OK over here? It took a second to offer SSH to me but that's likely due to the 100ms latency for me :)

Hmm, strange. Took ages to log into SSH and install stuff and the site on it is being pretty slow. It was painful navigating around PHPMyAdmin, haha. I only get 120ms latency

@Francisco said: If you're having any problems just put in a ticket and we'll check into it more.

Done

• relax. i am just saying if he have issues with his vps he should have submitted a ticket first..

@dominicl said: Hmm, strange. Took ages to log into SSH and install stuff and the site on it is being pretty slow. It was painful navigating around PHPMyAdmin, haha. I only get 120ms latency

Odd for sure :S

I dunno, for sure ticket and we'll check it out.

Thanks!

Fran

@Francisco said: I dunno, for sure ticket and we'll check it out.

Yep - done that. Thanks! :)

• @rethinkvps said: Randy stop being an idiot.

Hey, it's Randy. Excuse me please.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Node looks ok. What's your VPS load?

The issue should be all settled up.

Our internal resolvers were missing their hint files so they were falling back to 4.2.2.1. For the first time in the history of the internet 4.2.2.1 was having some latency issues and was causing some delayed queries.

I've since then fixed the hint file and SSH offers are zippy.

I'll push the same fix to SJ in the morning :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1klikli
  • @Francisco said: For the first time in the history of the internet 4.2.2.1 was having some latency issues

I believe it's only on certain routing / network, because I'm using 4.2.2.1 all day just fine (from Asia) :)

@NanoG6 said: I believe it's only on certain routing / network, because I'm using 4.2.2.1 all day just fine (from Asia) :)

4.2.2.1 is anycasted so very much so :)

Either way, the lack of a hint file was my fault. I'm not sure how I forgot it but I did :(

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Francisco makes mistakes?

Thanked by 3Randy klikli jcaleb
  • @jarland said: Francisco makes mistakes?

For the first time in the history of the internet

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Of course he does, he's still human you know. He's generally just very direct and honest about it, not to mention he usually gives plenty of details too. Goes check own name servers

Thanked by 1Randy
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Kenshin said: he's still human you know

Hum, I always thought he is kind of like this: http://www.librarising.com/mythos/images/centaur2.jpg
    M

Yep, it's fine now. Thanks Fran :)