Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Android tablets?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Android tablets?

littleguylittleguy Member
edited August 2012 in General

Do you know of any cheap Android tablets? (7 inch or larger).
If they sell it on DealExtreme, that'd be even better: http://dx.com/c/laptops-tablets-1499/tablets-1409

My only preference is that it has Android 2.3 or higher.

I'm looking to use this tablet as a personal weather station/internet radio on my nightstand. (Is there a better hardware solution? Which?)

Thank you for your input!

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

inol novo 7 ... google it. I think you will like it, atleast when I checked it 2-3 months ago it was nice for its price.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited August 2012

I got my Chipad from ebay :D Was a bargain :) it dont work anymore tho lol

• TazTaz Member

Why not Galaxy7?

• Ainol Aurora II

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Why not Galaxy7?

Too expensive. I'm looking in the ~150 USD range, or about 100 EUR.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited August 2012

ainol, icoo, freelander.. they are the best in my opinion.

i have icoo d70gt and my sister use the d50 II.. if you want to play angry bird series out of box go with d50 since i only can play angry bird space in this tablet.. :D

• There are 7 inch with android 4 tablets on ebay for about $75 or even less. I bought one for my kid so he can watch some kid movies on it.

@rds100 said: There are 7 inch with android 4 tablets on ebay for about $75 or even less. I bought one for my kid so he can watch some kid movies on it.

75$ with delivery to BG? :D

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: 75$ with delivery to BG? :D

almost everything is "free" shipped from Shenzhen.. :D

Thanked by 1klikli

@Mon5t3r said: almost everything is "free" shipped from Shenzhen.. :D

Yeah but they tend not to get delivered. I've ordered 2 tablets for over 500$ for my ex girlfriend and neither of them got delivered from China. Didn't get a refund either.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: inol novo 7 ... google it. I think you will like it, atleast when I checked it 2-3 months ago it was nice for its price.

Thinking of getting the Ainol Novo 7 Paladin instead:
    http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-novo-7-paladin-first-android-4-0-tablet-pc.html

99 USD!

• O.o what kind of tablets is that? it wasn't delivered or they not sent it to you? perhaps from your local custom?

edited September 2012

@Mon5t3r said: O.o what kind of tablets is that? it wasn't delivered or they not sent it to you? perhaps from your local custom?

Most likely not delivered. It was 2 tablets, one 200$ and one 300$.

• This is what I just bought.. Nice and fast , capacitive 5 point touch screen, and Android 4.

http://www.hhgregg.com/arnova-designed-by-archos-4gb-7-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-multimedia-internet-tablet/item/502082

• innyainnya Member
    edited September 2012

i ordered the 7 inch Ainol Novo 7 Tornado Android 4.0.3 Cortex A9 CPU 1G DDR3 8GB Flash tablet pc for $86.00 (with keyboard case, without keyboard case 76 dollars).

• @innya: hows the Ainol Novo 7 tornado? Is it worth it?

• @innya and ordered from? Link?

• What? The Nexus 7 is not cheap enough?!

@littleguy said: better hardware solution

Umm.... a Raspberry Pi?!

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited September 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: 75$ with delivery to BG? :D

Yep, "free shipping" standard for China sellers :) You get tracking number (registered airmail). Never had a problem with getting my stuff lost or stolen. Maybe the fact that the post office is just two building away on the same street as our office helps :) And also maintaining good relations with the lady that delivers the mail helps :) I am a regular customer there - receive small packages at least several times per week.

@rds100 said: Yep, "free shipping" standard for China sellers :) You get tracking number (registered airmail). Never had a problem with getting my stuff lost or stolen. Maybe the fact that the post office is just two building away on the same street as our office helps :) And also maintaining good relations with the lady that delivers the mail helps :) I am a regular customer there - receive small packages at least several times per week.

I suspect that they don't get delivered even to our local post office in Troyan. I am around 99% sure that they get stolen in Sofia. Since I started ordering in ebay around 3 years ago, I have packages for over 1k $ in total that have not arrived, both small and big. I thought it was customs related, however nothing arrived there as well. Generally things from the USA come on time (got a new earbuds, delivered in 3 days last week), however things that take longer to delivery, it is just hit or miss on my side. Either come, either not. They do not keep tracks of what packages were delivered and etc. and the ladys at the local office tend to give out the packages to everyone that claims them. For example last week went to pick up a letter for my father, from some judge abuot some fines. Not a problem at all. (Prosto poiskaha da im podpisha obratnata razpiska, tva che ne sym chovekyt, izobshto ne gi pritesni)

• There are some great deals on Toshiba Thrives. You can find one for a bit under $200.

There are a lot of really cheap sub $100 tablets, but most are resistive screens. You really want a capacitive one.

• ainol have ice cream sandwich. pretty good

• @Alex_LiquidHost for $500 items don't use the regular post. Use EMS, DHL, etc. There is accountability there...

@rds100 said: for $500 items don't use the regular post. Use EMS, DHL, etc. There is accountability there...

Well, I never ordered anything over 299$, was talking combined. All the small packages that never arrived and etc.

Still not sure if it is worth it - 200$ chinese tablet with 200$ DHL delivery

• How do you guys deal with stolen package?claim it from the seller/courier/credit card? @Alex_liquidhost 1k is alot.

Well I just ordered some more SSDs from newegg ( the vertex 4 is only $109 for the 128Gbs, ) I hope they arrive here in Asia.

• Just pay with PayPal or MasterCard and put in a claim if you don't receive it

• Ainol Aurora ii is really fantastic, recently I purchased one from AliExpress.
    http://bit.ly/NDmeVL

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited September 2012

Aliexpress is usually the cheapest place. Just make sure to order from sellers with either a good rep or a lot of orders (over 100 on the same item).

Most ordered Tablet PCs on AliExpress

EDIT: I've ordered 5 different tablets from providers on Aliexpress and never had a problem :)

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • Just to chime in, never had any issues by stuff sent from China/HK to Austria (neither lost packages nor damaged nor stolen) and customs are not a problem here, sometimes they are opened but i never had to pay anything even if it was far over the allowed sum, they care more about drugs i guess.

• Just get an HP touchpad they rock! Got mine for $150

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy