Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you think of Fujitsu Primergy TX200S5: Xeon E5520 2.26GHz Quad-Core for web server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What you think of Fujitsu Primergy TX200S5: Xeon E5520 2.26GHz Quad-Core for web server?

gooddaygoodday Member
edited August 2012 in General

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking of getting this server with intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz Quad-Core w/Hyper-Threading, 8GB running ispconfig nginx as a web server at home running about 20 wordpress sites. What you do think? --$500.

Thanks

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Should do the trick. If you are running it from home, that wordpress sites won't be under heavy load at any point.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

What kind of hard drives? That CPU and RAM will be fine for the specified usage.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Is $500 the price tag? Because I'd say overpaying by well over $400...

Edit: Nevermind you're not talking renting, clearly. I'm not all here today. Still could probably come out a bit less unless it has some great drives.

• earlearl Member

Didn't even know Fujitsu made servers! anyone know how loud these get?

• Fujitsu stuff usually expensive. But the the quality is not questionable though.

• @earl said: Didn't even know Fujitsu made servers!

Server4You uses Fujitsu servers.

• Just because Server4You uses Fujitsu does not mean it's bad hardware.

• @lele0108 said: Just because Server4You uses Fujitsu does not mean it's bad hardware.

I never even suggested that. I was replying to him not knowing that Fujitsu made servers by saying Server4You (a quite large host) uses them.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited August 2012

@Jack said: Are you actually german or do you just use .de as it's simplenode?

I'm not german.

• @SimpleNode said: I never even suggested that. I was replying to him not knowing that Fujitsu made servers by saying Server4You (a quite large host) uses them.

Well anything that has Server4You in it usually implies it's bad. Anyhow, S4Y uses the AMD variants, so they are probably quite a bit different than what goodday whats to buy.

@lele0108 said: Well anything that has Server4You in it usually implies it's bad. Anyhow, S4Y uses the AMD variants, so they are probably quite a bit different than what goodday whats to buy.

Hope that you are not serious.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Hope that you are not serious.

Server4You is bad. I would take a Kimsufi over a Server4You anyday.

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited August 2012

@Jack said: S4Y don't lock your server in a stupid rescue mode when you get abuse reports or DDoS attacks.

Network is shaky, support is pretty much non-existant when you need it, the live chat on the websites takes around 60 minutes to actually get in, etc., etc.

Support has always answered me in under 1 hour, never needed them for anything though (just general things). They have everything that is needed in the panel. Billing was kind and they refunded me after 20 days of service.

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited August 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Support has always answered me in under 1 hour, never needed them for anything though (just general things). They have everything that is needed in the panel. Billing was kind and they refunded me after 20 days of service.

This sounds nothing like Server4You. I mean, yea, you don't need to contact them for anything....until your server goes down. I heard all kinds of horror stories on WebHostingTalk about them.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@lele0108 said: Network is shaky, support is pretty much non-existant when you need it,

The network in the US is shaky because they seem to rely heavily on Cogent. That said a number of other providers in the US who rely on Cogent are equally bad. Their German location on the other hand is very solid. I haven't seen any issues with it for months.

Support has been fine. I've filed maybe 10 tickets in total since signing up and I think each has been responded to in under 10 minutes.

• server4you network is godawful, at least in st louis.