Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something Extraordinary About You?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Something Extraordinary About You?

serverbearserverbear Member
edited August 2012 in General

Purpose of this thread, tell LET something extraordinary about you that they don't know.

Could be some sort of achievement, something you excel in, whatever you want.

I'll start - I used to be a DJ/Music Producer, I've released over 15 tracks in the past & have had the likes of Digweed/Sasha/Hybrid play my music (if you know who they are).

Comments

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

I like Diglett

• I was a Dj/ Producer too back in the 90's rave scene I use to play with the top Drum and Bass Dj's like roni size, ed rush & optical, Bad Company, Andy C, Metalheadz, ak1200, Dieselboy, J- magik and others etzzz I use to open or close to the imported talent Wow wow Good times.... I miss the OLD days ..LOL

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • When I'm not fiddling around with servers, I'm usually out flying to get my Private Pilot's License. Eventually going to get enough cash to train up and fly the big jets; anyone fancy lending me $80,00? :)

• I'm a nurse...

• I'm just normal person.

Thanked by 1Zetta
  • @Raymii said: I'm a nurse...

Thanked by 2giang FieldMoose
  • I crack heads up, look for anomalies and fix it.

• if I told you I'm not ordinary person, you will be scared so much. LOL

• @serverbear chortle, thanks for that Ü

• @FieldMoose said: chortle, thanks for that Ü

I get more thanks when I post funny pictures than anything else :P

• My name is Marc and I own VPS Node Box. Since I've found this community I fell in love with it. I have an obsessive compulsive personality and I am a perfectionist. The good thing about this is that I succeed at almost everything I try, the bad thing is that I overwork myself and it consumes me. However at the end of the day positive results make me feel good about the work that I do, and it makes me happy if I can make someone else happy, even a complete stranger that I have never met.

Thanked by 1SDH_TREXTOR
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited August 2012

I know how to sew clothes using sewing machine. I know how to cut some of my personal clothes for home use.

Started a software shop with colleagues in 2007 fulltime (http://brewsoftcorp.com/) but due to financial crisis during those years, were forced to do any job that will pay (java, php, c++)

Thanked by 2NanoG6 SDH_TREXTOR
  • @jcaleb Sewing takes patience and skill. So does coding. Congrats on your skills :)

• thanks man! sewing takes a lot from your back. i can only do it for 2 hours at a time. i admire those who do it fulltime

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Workaholic

• @jcaleb Both my grandmothers did it allot, and mostly without a machine :)
    @MikHo Yes, but it's fulfilling, isn't it? :)

• A great relative of mine was once the cup bearer to the royal family.

I was featured in a 4 page spread in a magazine.

• subigosubigo Member
    edited August 2012

• Shit.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@toratekdotnet
    Got back last week from vacation and put in 80 hour week..... Slow start first week :)

• PatsPats Member
    edited August 2012

@toratekdotnet said: if I can make someone else happy, even a complete stranger that I have never met

cough-cough.. so when is my turn?
    i find happiness in simple things.. perhaps a cough free Node... issit too simple? in that case even a free LEB will do... :P

Thanked by 2NanoG6 SDH_TREXTOR
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

i am a normal person, but i like to eat bakut teh/pratta

Thanked by 1SDH_TREXTOR
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Nothing at all, I'm just a 14 year old twat.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Beside my day work as senior developer and running my own business I'm the martial arts instructor.

Thanked by 2Zen SDH_TREXTOR
  • i didnt write my thesis for about 3 years and got another extension....

• XeoncrossXeoncross Member
    edited August 2012

I'm the only long-time lowendtalk member who has never cussed at another member, talked bad about someone, or got in a fight. Though, I suppose there is a first time for everything.

It doesn't seem like much, but I like to find solutions rather than cause problems. To that end I've authored over 30 open source projects followed by hundreds of developers and run two tutorial sites.

So why did I just write this? Am I just trying to look good here?

A lot of people just accept their unhelpful attitudes as normal - and even acceptable. I want people to see that we can help each other and there isn't a need for some of the strife that goes on a day-by-day basis. If I can manage to hold my tongue once in a while, you can too.

In the end it's more helpful, yet often tougher to do this than the more impressive feats we do.
    Because being nice and helpful doesn't get you fanfare.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Zen - Poland/Norway/Ireland

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@gbshouse said: the martial arts instructor

What type of martial arts, what is it called?

• Pencak Silat? :D